Active day and swing traders

Took profit on other 50% of MRW short @ 167.5 (opened @ 177.5 on 7/10). Didn't want to leave this open overnight in case MRW results surprise on the upside tomorrow.

Also took small profit on CPI short @ 373 (opened @ 377.5 on 17/10). This trade hadn't been performing as hoped & cycle length + chart pattern suggest possible rise soon, so pleased to take profit while I can.

Now have no open positions.

Regards,

Mark

marben said:
.............Now have no open positions.............

Mark

mark

you and me both. closed dge earlier whilst still in a little profit.

cheers

jon

Hello everyone,

Can I just say i've read through this thread, and it is one of the best threads i've come across. I trade mainly US stocks, but have been trading UK too recently (may as well make use of the mornings :cheesy: ). It seems most forums have people discussing US trading, so this is great.

Welcome solskjaer,

Glad you like the thread. Don't spend too much time trading though :LOL: . All work & no play....

Best regards,

Mark

Morning all,
Late in yesterdays session I tightened my stops on my PRU short. The result is that it got stopped, thankfully in the light of the US rise.
Conclusion, bought @ 490.75 sold @ 483, a nice 7.75 points in the bag.
I now have no open positions.

Due to the DOW reversal I today have miners on the screener to take advantage of what I feel will be a short lived strong open.
I may be wrong but CBI has issued a report today regarding winter problems. OK, I trade technical but take note of such stories. Also Wilma might just cause havoc in the Southern US.
I see a busy day ahead.

Good trading to all

Dave

'morning all,

Well, where did that come from?! Yesterday's price explosion on Wall Street seemed to come totally out of the blue. Suggests there were plenty of buyers out there, just waiting on the sidelines. Glad I took profits on my shorts yesterday :) .

The markets seem to be behaving in a totally chaotic manner for swing & position trading at the moment. Might consider day-trades today in GUS & RIO.

I suspect that recent bearishness is just a pullback from the major bull trend (which porbably has another year or two to run). However, I don't think the bearishness is over yet and there may be further nasty shocks before the end of the month. From November though, I expect things will move upwards more smoothly.

Be careful out there!

Mark

Completely with you on that Mark,
We can see that the FTSE has already fallen 15 from its early highs.
I was waiting (and still am) to play intraday miners and possibly drugs but after the initial rise we are back to uncertainty. Blast, I missed a 30 point fall on AZN!
Boy oh boy are these markets tricky!

AS you say, care is needed.

Re the November onward bull run, this is traditional as the big investment institutions want to balance the books, history shows that almost every year the last 2 months are bullish.

Dave

Gone long again on GUS @ 832, 50% size with a stop at yesterday's low. I am expecting this to be a day-trade but may stay in if it works. If it goes well, will increase size and raise stop.

Cheers,

Mark

Love the way MRW is soaring after lousy results :cheesy:. It's almost back to the point I originally shorted it at. I see another short coming on :) - but not today.

For any new readers, shows the value of not staying in trades over results announcements. The market often reacts in the opposite direction to that which you'd expect.

Cheers,

Mark

mornin' all

i suppose the bold amongst us are busy coining it, but it's all a bit too frenetic for me at the moment. will wait for the dust to settle i think.

good trading

jon

hello everyone,

my current positions are - short MRW @ 177, CNE @ 1723, and long AZN @ 2600

to be closed out before the close of trading (i don't hold overnight).

thanks.

edit - just closed MRW @ 170.75

also stopped out of AZN @ 2590

Last edited:
Dont know about coining it Jon, trading is tricky as there are conflicting signals.
Both the FTSE and DAX popped early then faded (selfish pat on the back as I got it right) both now are treading water.

I can see Mark's RIO trade but would like to see the intraday high taken out before entering. Similar scenario with ANTO, both seem poised but I will wait a while. As I write FTSE has just signalled another intraday short.

Take care,
Dave

dave

ftse bumped it's head against the previous substantive swing low at 5228 which may have turned into resistance. if it can't get back above that level pretty quickly i'll be seeing a trend change to down.

good trading - good call on the fade

jon

PRTY looks to me as if it is trying to break upwards. If it's imagination, then I have a stop in place.
B/O at 80.8

Split

Closed RIO trade @ 2177, balancing loss on GUS one. US sentiment doesn't look good & rally seems to have petered out, so don't want to risk losing profit.

covered CNE @ 1703. too much churning going on, besides i'm going out for lunch...so want to close out my positions.

good trading to everyone.