A New Age, A New Mentor, A New MasterMind

DownRiverTrader

Have you ever heard the advice that you should find a mentor, someone to teach you "how to trade successfully". I am constantly reminded that very few traditional mentors exist in this world. I do know that change is certain. So I ask myself, "If traders can not find mentors traditionally, then how can traders have mentors in this new world we live in"? The answer is Here. Now. What we are creating Here is a new order, a new mastermind, a new way to find guidance in a New Age. The Information Age, and much like the Industrial Age, it will have a profound impact on your life in the next several years. Much more than we can imagine without understanding Universal Laws. It is a new beginning that we have to harness and embrace. After all, we created it. All of us. We may never meet in the traditional physical sense, but is that wrong? We are connected in the Spiritual Sense which is ultimately powerful. We are just Here. Now. Helping each other the best way we know how. It is supposed to be this way, we created it.

DownRiverTrader said:
"If traders can not find mentors traditionally, then how can traders have mentors in this new world we live in"? The answer is Here. Now.
I think not DRT, the answer in is the question. If traders can't find a mentor then, obviously, they can't have a mentor. it's simple I know, but that's how I like it. As for the rest of your post; that's a tough one. If I was feeling charitable, I'd say you were starting one of those philosophical weekend threads that pop up from time to time and are fine and dandy. If I was feeling uncharitable, I'd suspect you of over indulging in booz or banned substances! But hey, each to his (or her) own, I say.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ;)
Tim.

Last edited:
DownRiverTrader said:

Have you ever heard the advice that you should find a mentor, someone to teach you "how to trade successfully". I am constantly reminded that very few traditional mentors exist in this world. I do know that change is certain. So I ask myself, "If traders can not find mentors traditionally, then how can traders have mentors in this new world we live in"? The answer is Here. Now. What we are creating Here is a new order, a new mastermind, a new way to find guidance in a New Age. The Information Age, and much like the Industrial Age, it will have a profound impact on your life in the next several years. Much more than we can imagine without understanding Universal Laws. It is a new beginning that we have to harness and embrace. After all, we created it. All of us. We may never meet in the traditional physical sense, but is that wrong? We are connected in the Spiritual Sense which is ultimately powerful. We are just Here. Now. Helping each other the best way we know how. It is supposed to be this way, we created it.

Sorry i'm not available....too bizzi....and anyhow ....peeps have this annoying trait....they don't listen....all they want to do is impose their view of what it is they want to see and hear ....and unless individuals or groups attune to each other....then nothing can be taught and nothing received....so all in all it's pretty much a pointless waste of time as far as trading is concerned.....read market wizards, all successful traders, but styles and methods vary wildly.....so only take what is of use and bin the rest ....then formulate own style and method and just do it .......

yall have a nice day

fibonelli said:
those who can, do
those who can't, teach

Let's not claim ignorance either, the other equation is also possible:

Those who can, can also teach.

Although I certainy endorse the above statements I would like to add another point, that software vendors and mentors often use . When people pay out relatively large sums of money only to find that the software ( mentoring ) doesn't make profits, they come back to the vendors ( probably pretty angry ) who reply that it is entirely due to the inadequacies of the customer that is to blame and not their software ( mentoring ). Hence the disclaimers in case of legal action.
Trading is not easy. It just looks so easy. A 2 horse race really.
But if the markets haven't humiliated you yet, then you are either a genious or haven't been trading long.