Age of a new trader (30+)

winmoney

Having read the forums I appretiate that trading is enjoyed by all ages from students to retirees. However I wanted to move my part time 'hobby' in to a full time career. I'm a 31 year old financial advisor, and appretiate the investment bank route is closed. I have been offered trading courses with prop firms both free, and charged for.

I was just wondering what age range new entrants to this type of career are. I know it's early 20's for investment banks, but I would have thought prop firms would be different ? I'm probably one of the youngest in my current career, but would be interested to know what it would be like if I went to being a full time trader.

Thanks

James

depends on your proven track record. eg statements.

so the chance lies somewhere between 0-100%.

you tell us what your chances are!

depends on your proven track record. eg statements.

so the chance lies somewhere between 0-100%.

you tell us what your chances are!

Cheers - that's what I wanted to hear. I thought (like any job) performance is what matters. I just read a few threads going on about how you need to have just left university to get into this business, which seemed hard to believe.

As with any job it's the results you produce, so hopefully with hard work, I could make a success of it !

Cheers - that's what I wanted to hear. I thought (like any job) performance is what matters. I just read a few threads going on about how you need to have just left university to get into this business, which seemed hard to believe.

As with any job it's the results you produce, so hopefully with hard work, I could make a success of it !

Go for it... but there are many options for you in trading ... not just the Arcades because you missed the IB route... (although this might be right for you)

Thats the beauty of trading... it does not discriminate on age, race, height, weight , location, capital...etc etc .. either your good or not !! (n) (y)

you can trade from anywhere, with any amount of money, at any time... I wouldnt get too het up about a career path or working for this firm / that firm etc... surely thats why you want to be a trader in the first place right ??? to escape the tyranny of work and a regular boring work life !!!

you can trade from anywhere, with any amount of money, at any time... I wouldnt get too het up about a career path or working for this firm / that firm etc... surely thats why you want to be a trader in the first place right ??? to escape the tyranny of work and a regular boring work life !!!

qed!

what real trader would wake up in the morning and think 'im gunna make a load o money for someone else!'?

qed!

what real trader would wake up in the morning and think 'im gunna make a load o money for someone else!'?

NOT F**K**G me... thats for sure... although I do sell small portions of my life from time to time for money... (and before you all start I am not a rent boy :innocent: )

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: