A Moderators Apology, Plea and Warning

barjon

Legendary member
The apology: With moderators a bit thin on the ground at the moment it has been increasingly difficult to nip things in the bud as the custard pies begin to appear. This has led to an escalation of insults and disruption of some interesting and useful threads. I have been deleting such unacceptable and off-topic posts after the event (sometimes well after :( ) but the damage to the threads has already been done. I must apologise to members for this.

The plea: I would be grateful if members would take extra care to be polite to each other and not make comments that can be construed as insulting, even if to be insulting was not their intention. I would also be grateful if member would be quick to report rude, insulting and/or disruptive posts to help me zero in on potential disruption earlier. I do thank those of you who take the time to report posts - they are a great help even though I might not get round to them as quickly as I might.

The warning: Since it is clear that the deletion of rude and insulting posts and/or the general warnings I have posted on threads have not proved a sufficient deterrent to future behaviour, I will give one warning then a five day ban to transgressors. Members should note that retaliatory rudeness is just as unacceptable.

jon

barjon said:
The apology: With moderators a bit thin on the ground at the moment it has been increasingly difficult to nip things in the bud as the custard pies begin to appear. This has led to an escalation of insults and disruption of some interesting and useful threads. I have been deleting such unacceptable and off-topic posts after the event (sometimes well after :( ) but the damage to the threads has already been done. I must apologise to members for this.

The plea: I would be grateful if members would take extra care to be polite to each other and not make comments that can be construed as insulting, even if to be insulting was not their intention. I would also be grateful if member would be quick to report rude, insulting and/or disruptive posts to help me zero in on potential disruption earlier. I do thank those of you who take the time to report posts - they are a great help even though I might not get round to them as quickly as I might.

The warning: Since it is clear that the deletion of rude and insulting posts and/or the general warnings I have posted on threads have not proved a sufficient deterrent to future behaviour, I will give one warning then a five day ban to transgressors. Members should note that retaliatory rudeness is just as unacceptable.

jon

Get stuffed. :cheesy:

barjon said:
:LOL:

.....if i didn't know you better, rols , it'd be :devilish:

Sorry. Couldn't resist!
You may delete if you wish.
Have a good Sunday..