A Million People Can't Be Wrong

The problem c_v is that in a country with a population with circa 70 million, our Tony will take the view that although there's a million peeps who think that far from getting a knighthood he should be standing trial in the Hague for war crimes, in his mind, there are 69 million who are very keen to address him as Sir Tony. If there's only a million or two signatures opposing his knighthood (me among them) - he'll regard that as a ringing endorsement!

The petition won't make a jot of difference, unfortunately. The only thing it might possibly do is to take Her Maj' by surprise and cause her to wonder if she's rather misjudged the views of her subjects concerning Blair - but that's about it I'm afraid.
Tim.

I'm no fan of Tony Blair but do these online petitions ever achieve anything other than feed the ego of the person that set it up?

The problem c_v is that in a country with a population with circa 70 million, our Tony will take the view that although there's a million peeps who think that far from getting a knighthood he should be standing trial in the Hague for war crimes, in his mind, there are 69 million who are very keen to address him as Sir Tony. If there's only a million or two signatures opposing his knighthood (me among them) - he'll regard that as a ringing endorsement!

The petition won't make a jot of difference, unfortunately. The only thing it might possibly do is to take Her Maj' by surprise and cause her to wonder if she's rather misjudged the views of her subjects concerning Blair - but that's about it I'm afraid.
Tim.

I'm no fan of Tony Blair but do these online petitions ever achieve anything other than feed the ego of the person that set it up?

They seem to be used more as a way of raising awareness.
Would the general media have bothered raising the Blair issue unless they were forced to report on this story !

They seem to be used more as a way of raising awareness.
Would the general media have bothered raising the Blair issue unless they were forced to report on this story !

F*** the media, they only pick up on it so then can sell more horseshit advertising space on their shitty clickbait websites.

Tony Blair getting some pointless award from the crown has no effect on the working man/woman.

I remember TB saying history will judge him.

He is a filthy POS who has caused the death of millions, refugees in 10s of millions as well as deformed babies from uranium tipped weapons used in Iraq.

To top it off he has the SICK title about uniter of faiths in the middle east.

Delusional SOB.

Last 20 years both US n UK have both lost much power n credibility in the international community imo.

Don't forget the murder of David Kelly over the sexed up dossier on WMD. He should also stand trial for causing his death which certainly wasn't suicide.

A survey in the US had the result that 1% of people believes the earth is flat, it is 3 millions.