A baby to the trading world

countduckula

Title pretty much says it all

I have about to graduate from LSE (England) having studied economics there (surprise surprise) and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of how i can get into the world of trading

i spent last summer at barclays capital in the research department and it was a fascinating insight into the real life workings of the (commodities) market but it also taught me that i would enjoy far more a career in trading or sales than in research

so i was wondering if anyone had any pointers or suggestions of where to apply etc (i have already applied to UBS and got to the final 6 but the sods went for the guy who was 30 and had already done 7 internships...what did he have that i didnt have i wonder)

anyway anything would be most appreciated at this moment in time

many thanks

count

countduckula said:
Title pretty much says it all

I have about to graduate from LSE (England) having studied economics there (surprise surprise) and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of how i can get into the world of trading

i spent last summer at barclays capital in the research department and it was a fascinating insight into the real life workings of the (commodities) market but it also taught me that i would enjoy far more a career in trading or sales than in research

so i was wondering if anyone had any pointers or suggestions of where to apply etc (i have already applied to UBS and got to the final 6 but the sods went for the guy who was 30 and had already done 7 internships...what did he have that i didnt have i wonder)

anyway anything would be most appreciated at this moment in time

many thanks

count

Spelling, grammar maybe :cheesy:

However, try:
http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8354&highlight=career

as a starting point. Then use the "search" facility on this site
( as I did).

Good luck.