A baby to the trading world

countduckula

7 0
Title pretty much says it all

I have about to graduate from LSE (England) having studied economics there (surprise surprise) and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of how i can get into the world of trading

i spent last summer at barclays capital in the research department and it was a fascinating insight into the real life workings of the (commodities) market but it also taught me that i would enjoy far more a career in trading or sales than in research

so i was wondering if anyone had any pointers or suggestions of where to apply etc (i have already applied to UBS and got to the final 6 but the sods went for the guy who was 30 and had already done 7 internships...what did he have that i didnt have i wonder)

anyway anything would be most appreciated at this moment in time

many thanks

count

neil

Legendary member
5,167 749
countduckula said:
Title pretty much says it all

I have about to graduate from LSE (England) having studied economics there (surprise surprise) and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of how i can get into the world of trading

i spent last summer at barclays capital in the research department and it was a fascinating insight into the real life workings of the (commodities) market but it also taught me that i would enjoy far more a career in trading or sales than in research

so i was wondering if anyone had any pointers or suggestions of where to apply etc (i have already applied to UBS and got to the final 6 but the sods went for the guy who was 30 and had already done 7 internships...what did he have that i didnt have i wonder)

anyway anything would be most appreciated at this moment in time

many thanks

count

Spelling, grammar maybe :cheesy:

However, try:
http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8354&highlight=career

as a starting point. Then use the "search" facility on this site
( as I did).

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock