95% lose

Ged

Yes ofcourse there is huge advantage for pit traders and i am sure they are much better than retail traders , most of them are market makers and scalpers , but what was their success rate , i bet it was under 50% ...

TBH Tar there wasn't a big blow out of traders as their brokers had limits per day as to what they could lose as a percentage of their accountso kept them in the game. As i said their bread and butter was trading the spreads inter month. Th evolatility in the first month would throw the back months out where they would make their money.

I remember a young guy who was a clerk who borrowed £10k from his parents to trade and sold 5 Brent contracts and went for lunch. Told a fellow local trader to sell if it the price went to a figure (the local way of using stops). Anyway the US Cole got hit by Al Qeada and he made £25k. Nice work for a bit of luck.

Ged

profitable trader or ex profitable trader @ 35:00

I do not agree with this figure that 95% traders loose their money in forex trading. Forex will not remain popular among people if so many people are out of the market.Just 5% are not in profit . I believe that more than 70 % are loosing their money in this market . Others are getting some profits that is why they are connected to this business.

Last edited:
Ofcourse for consistent profitability the numbers are worse but i'm not so sure about the 95% figure yet ...

Attachments

• Q1-FX-US-Profitability1.png
    Q1-FX-US-Profitability1.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 275
The main reason for losses for novice traders is risk management techniques, or lack of them.

Check out how these guys do their risk management for real life. The portfolio seems to be going well (stragtegy not day trading, but principle the same). EarningsTrading.com | Running Portfolio The point is very strict risk management of actual loses and absolute exposure. Although gain/loss ratio is ok but the the losers are definitely limited due to the principle.

I suspect they are using some form of volatility to measure the risk but the point is so much is down to managing those losers and not the winners.

Its probably easier to do taking a few trades a month, but perhaps for you day traders, cut down on the trades and think some more on the risk management.

The main reason for losses for novice traders is risk management techniques, or lack of them.

Check out how these guys do their risk management for real life. The portfolio seems to be going well (stragtegy not day trading, but principle the same). EarningsTrading.com | Running Portfolio The point is very strict risk management of actual loses and absolute exposure. Although gain/loss ratio is ok but the the losers are definitely limited due to the principle.

I suspect they are using some form of volatility to measure the risk but the point is so much is down to managing those losers and not the winners.

Its probably easier to do taking a few trades a month, but perhaps for you day traders, cut down on the trades and think some more on the risk management.
True, that was the case for me and a few trader friends - fixing the risk management part.

Yes. I agree with the sequence that 95% are losing. The one of the best ugly truth that the trader most of the time trade from their heart and feeling. But they don't remember that it is ROBOT and it doesn't have any feeling to understand your mistake. It will go its own way, and you have to find out the way to catch it.

Trade from your examining, Don't be a fool to play the game with your money! Because money can be gone from your area of deserving anytime without any NOTICE!!