60 Minute Trader

adrianallen99 said:
I tried your system, but I was stopped out by the shop security when I tried to get away with my free Tea and Biscuits?

Am I doing something wrong?

You did say it was free or is it a case of 'No Such thing as a Free Tea Break!!'

C'mon a packet of biscuits and a few tea bags will cost around £2.00 and the rest is easy.

"If something's hard to do then it's not worth doing." -- Homer Simpson

Now let's get on over to Cable where there's some action unfolding. I suggest a slightly different approach for Cable. Use Bourbons and see if the top part comes off for a short.

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/biscuits/previous.php3?item=16
For all your biscuit needs.....

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :LOL:

As various charting packages give different results so to will different makes of rich tea.

Aldi's biscuits dive into the cup and don't want to leave, Asda's have the absorbancy of a house brick and McVities are too wide to fit in my cup.

This system needs to be more exact.

You have to pay for quality :LOL:

juanbyte said:
As various charting packages give different results so to will different makes of rich tea.

Aldi's biscuits dive into the cup and don't want to leave, Asda's have the absorbancy of a house brick and McVities are too wide to fit in my cup.

This system needs to be more exact.

You have to pay for quality :LOL:

Yes, this is where the art comes in. That bit of disgressionary instinct that can't be quantified, the Je ne sais crois that the logical positivists balk at.

Alternatively you could just use a wider cup...

hey, you'll all be glad to know that I'm a Yank and love McVites dunked in tea (though they're not easy to find in the US). Also, there are literally bag fulls of PG Tips in my house; I am practically forced to consume large amounts of this tea on a daily basis.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that my wife was born in Birmingham UK?

:)

BTW, Chris, if you can reply on this.

In a nutshell, would you say MOATS is comprehensive and worth 147USD? Or is it a system merely based on floor pivots calculated at the end of the day? I just get skeptical when they tell you how great a system is but don't really give you a clue---a viable table of contents as to what the system is all about

thanx again,
RF

Hi Ron

In a nutshell, would you say MOATS is comprehensive and worth 147USD?

I think that there is something missing in the book but I am sure that this is dealt with in the internet trading acadamy. If the results are correct (I do not personally trade this) then it would be easily worth 10 times $147.

I did notice on at least one occassion that a win was stated when the price was just touched and not traded through and so not everyone would have been filled.

Or is it a system merely based on floor pivots calculated at the end of the day? I

It is not based on pivot points, the breakout levels are set from a figure soon after the open.

It would be better if you had feedback from an actual user, you could ask them direct if they have a list of customers that are willing to give you an actual performance record.

Regards
Chris

thanks Chris- you're always helpful.

I do know of 3 traders in the US that trade the 60 Minute Trader and all report success with it. I know I was critical earlier (jaded trader whose been through the mill:-(, but after looking at opening fades, you can't help but wonder i fthis has to be one of the highest probability trades out there - perhaps the only sure trade if there is such a thing in futures.

The traders I mention all have 25k accounts and trade 3 or more contracts per trade as I think I've mentioned previously. Seems like, perhaps, the 60 Minute combined with MOATS might be something to consider.

I just wanted to get some assurance that MOATS was not a rip-off since, as I've already noted, they're not much on substance.

Ron

Friday's Results Biscuit Method

rols said:
Yes, this is where the art comes in. That bit of disgressionary instinct that can't be quantified, the Je ne sais crois that the logical positivists balk at.

Alternatively you could just use a wider cup...

.....this was with a cup size of 10cm (cups from ASDA £2.99)

;)

Last edited:
60 min trader results. I tried the program without much success. The wins were too small and not worth the effort. Trading two contracts, by the time I got the signal to exit the trade for a $20 win the market would reverse and take me back down for a break even trade or a small loss. By the time you pay commisions a guy can hardly come out ahead. I usually set my bracket for a small win on the first contract. Usually the market will miss it by one tic and then it goes back to my entry point. Oh well, I was hopeful that this would be a good system. but the losses are larger than the wins and the wins (most of the time are too small). Now dont get me wrong a lot of times your maximum stop is not hit. Chris got hit 3 times the entire month of June. But just one or two more hits and he is not profitable for the month of June.

need information

Is anybody still using the 6o minute trader daily to make money? On another forum, one investor said he was making about $60 daily and he only had been using the system for about 2 months.

Last post here was back in 7-06 so I was looking for feedback before I purchased the system. Thanks

I no longer use the 60 min trader. I tried it and didn't have much success with it. In my opinion, the risk reward is too great to be successful in the long run. For me I would say it averaged around the 40% success range. Trying to get out exactly like the author does requires a very quick finger and no slippage.

"Trying to get out exactly like the author does requires a very quick finger and no slippage."

An exercise which may help develop speed of digits would be to visualise the author standing in front of you and you then giving him a finger or 2 of yours to him. After all it has been said, the hand is quicker than the eye.

You are very welcome to engage in the thought transferance exercise being held tonight,18-18.15 uk time in the pick the right software thread, please do attend.

hey guys,
havent seem anymore postings on 60MT of late. kinda of agree with pegasus95s33 that USD150 is too deep for my pocket. yeah, anyone out there kind enough to email me at [email protected] a copy for a test drive.
Thanks!

Just going to add my opinion for anyone looking into this system: stay clear.

As far as I can remember his examples didn't even make sense, I think he was taking a 2 tick dip in trade direction before a big turn as a profitable trade or something as well as other weird things.. so pretty hard not to have over 90% profitability that way.

Looked at this a long time ago though, so do your own research but keep your eyes peeled for dodginess.

Hi ER2

I am at at loss as to where you get your ideas from and find it very strange that this was your first post when it is clear that you have no knowledge of the subject.

The system does not go with the trend, it finds reversals. The exit is done when an ossilator indicator in a range which varies each day and not a fixed 2 pip target.

Taking only half the winning points possible to allow for slippage and peoples reaction times there has only been one losing month (-3 points) in over 3 years.

It even works automated on the ER2 when programmed into TradeStation, just looked at the results.

I think it's weird how poor traders love to blame systems, takes the oness of themselves.

This is why system sellers do so well, people want a crutch and will by anything.

Sorry but this one works, there has not been one person in over 3 years to prove otherwise, by following the rules. It does what it say's on the tin.

Juan - could you please PM me a link to your site (guessing selfpromotion isn't welcomed on the boards).

It was a long time since I looked at this system and should've been more careful before opening my gob, yes. If you read my post again you'll notice I never made any comment regarding the style of the system. The 2 tick target wasn't meant as a fixed target, just as taking that as a profit if the move didn't give more than that.

I'd like to look at it again since I do feel I shouldn't have made such comments by going from my memory, although I did make a comment on that fact.

Don't consider myself a bad trader - I trade 100% mechanical myself, 18 points up this week so far on ER2. Not a losing week for months. I would never sell my years of research for anything less than serious cash and can't see why anyone would if it is truly mechanical, and that's mostly why I didn't doublecheck my facts.

Anyway, looking forward to your PM.

Hi Er2

Nothing wrong with 18pts on the Russell, better than most.

It is not perfectly programmed on TS but still works as it is.

Will PM you with details.

I want to move more to mechanical trading and been writing quite a few programs recently.

60Minute Trader seems to have problems

I recently purchased this program because it would have seemed to fit the style I wanted. I needed to trade first thing in the morning before work.

After purchasing it seemed support had vanished. I worked the program but you have to be able to align all the moons in the solar system in order to set up a trade. It would just not happen first thing in the morning.

Maybe this worked years ago but not so good now.

When I asked for my money back it took 4-5 emails and threats to post to sites like this to finally get a response.

When I eventually heard from Chris he said it was my tough luck. The guarantee did not cover personal suitability but only that the system would work. It may work when all is aligned but not the way I was expecting.

This was a twist on words for the guarantee but I guess I live and learn. This program will sit with the other useless ones I've purchased.