52week high and lows

petertdenton

Does anyone know where I can access on a daily basis ftse 100 & 250 stocks making a 52 week high or low??

try sharescope peter eod feed, about £12 per month subscription with an initial cost of about £80

hoping that someone knew a free source ?? there are so many charting/shareprice sites around that one must have this info available. Even the Times prints this info but only in following days press. Somebody help please.

Hi FTSEBeater,

thanks for that, but it appears to give me all the LSE 52 week high/lows.

What I am looking for is FTSE 100 & 250 members only.
Reason being that my account with Finspreads only gives me the chance to SB companies in these indices.

Any one know more?? Thanks PeterTDenton

Hi world,
whilst we're on this topic, does the view that a 52 week high/low will more often than not go on to make a bit more, therby worth a SB ?? Any views or opinions please?? Thanks PeterTDenton

Hi Peter,

Like most signals - some do, some don't. I think it is more important to look at whether a stock is continuing to make new highs and also whether it is doing so after a break out from a long period of basing. Look at the chart of BFP which made a new 52 week high today and how LMC advanced from its base.

If I remember rightly, o'Neill favoured all time highs (no stale bulls to get in the way) and stocks with around 40-60 million shares in circulation as the big winners - AEP being a recent example (no good for spread betting though).

For your info - BFP HMSO IAP KEL RCP new 52 week highs today and JRVS new 52 week low.

Hi Qwento, thanks for the reply & info.

How can I access this info for free regarding ftse100&250 all time or 52 week high/lows?? Guess the info about breakouts is retrieved from the charts - which source best??

Thanks again, Peter

Hi Peter,

I don't know where you can get this info free - mind you I haven't really looked for it. I download LSE EOD data and also run a market scanner intra-day to screen for possible trade set-ups.

Hi World,
looking at the post date, its a full year since I visited this problem - must be Xmas approaching that drives me to earn money!
I am still no closer to finding a free source for this info, ftse 350 risers and fallers:
stock name, todays price, 52-week high, 52-week low.

Thats all, sounds simple doesnt it, but I cant find it.

Can anyone out there help?? Thanks, pete

No replies in over 3 weeks, and still those Xmas bills to pay! Seriously though, is there not a soul out there who can answer my "simple" question?? Thanks, Pete

I do not think you can get this information without paying for data in the UK.

Using ShareScope the following have hit 52 week highs:

Name EPIC Close
Spirax-Sarco Engineering PLC SPX 674.5
Fidelity European Values PLC FEV 794.5
Murray Income Trust PLC MUT 498
Witan Investment Trust PLC WTAN 334.5
Shire Pharmaceuticals Group PLC SHP 599
London Stock Exchange PLC LSE 588
FirstGroup PLC FGP 352

All I can recommend is a ShareScope subscription.

JonnyT

Hi Pete,
Try digitallook.com, free to register lots of uk data inc 52 week highs & lows.

I also have been looking for data on the uk market and saw this site advertised in a mag this weekend.

HTH, regards Andy

FTSE Beater said:

thanks for that, but it appears to give me all the LSE 52 week high/lows.

What I am looking for is FTSE 100 & 250 members only.
Reason being that my account with Finspreads only gives me the chance to SB companies in these indices.

Couldn't you just filter through them and pick out the ones that Finspreads cover?

Last edited: