50k in a SB account looking for 12.5% return

Perhaps you'll point me in the direction of your astonishing pearls of wisdom ??

Nope.

"...neither cast Ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

A thoroughly apt quote for this site, from what I have seen.

No worries.....have held the live accounts for some time and successful on 2 but less so on the other....

Never really traded "actively" on any of them but am "well up" overall after 4 years whilst I read that 85% of retail traders empty their accounts within 6 months, so cant be all bad...
Yes you are doing fine. If I look back on my 15 years of trading, the most important thing that I wish I knew at an earlier stage of my trading endeavor is proper risk & money management. You can be he best trader in the world in predicting where the market is heading, but without money management you will ultimately fail. Look into this important area and you will gain a lot knowledge how to cope when everything is turning against you. Sorry, if I repeat myself, but this is so important that it need to be imprinted more than once.

Yes you are doing fine. If I look back on my 15 years of trading, the most important thing that I wish I knew at an earlier stage of my trading endeavor is proper risk & money management. You can be he best trader in the world in predicting where the market is heading, but without money management you will ultimately fail. Look into this important area and you will gain a lot knowledge how to cope when everything is turning against you. Sorry, if I repeat myself, but this is so important that it need to be imprinted more than once.

Thank you for your input.

It's a pity the character on ignore couldn't take a lesson from yourself.

Thank you for your input.

It's a pity the character on ignore couldn't take a lesson from yourself.

You did a bad day's work when you put Pboyles on ignore. You could have learnt from him, but you prefer being a chump.

You did a bad day's work when you put Pboyles on ignore. You could have learnt from him, but you prefer being a chump.
Really, why don't you guys stop this bulling and get back to what this forum is all about. Being rude doesn't help a bit and if you have some interesting knowledge to share, present it without making an emotional issue of everything. Pboyles have got his anti SB agenda to preach that is quite clear, I have myself had some rounds with him (which I quite enjoyed).:)

Really, why don't you guys stop this bulling and get back to what this forum is all about. Being rude doesn't help a bit and if you have some interesting knowledge to share, present it without making an emotional issue of everything. Pboyles have got his anti SB agenda to preach that is quite clear, I have myself had some rounds with him (which I quite enjoyed).:)

I respectfully disagree with you. In between some of the sarcastic comments is some real helpful advice but the OP hasn't acknowledged any of it. In fact he states there are no real replies when CLEARLY there were several non-sarcastic serious replies to his question. He can't even get the terminology correct and attempts to tell him that sailed far over his head. At some point you have to hit him over the head to get his attention.

Peter

I respectfully disagree with you. In between some of the sarcastic comments is some real helpful advice but the OP hasn't acknowledged any of it. In fact he states there are no real replies when CLEARLY there were several non-sarcastic serious replies to his question. He can't even get the terminology correct and attempts to tell him that sailed far over his head. At some point you have to hit him over the head to get his attention.

Peter
I do get your point, but there is no need to rub in things with rudeness in oder to get the message across. If that is the case one surely don't have much to contribute with in the fist place. Don't get me wrong, a fair and stormy discussion is healthy from time to time. Like you, I don't like an altogether boring forum.

Peter

Change the record mate PLEASE !!

I'm hard nosed to hell but many new posters must just give up and vanish which I'm sure the owners of the site dont want.

You're on ignore likewise.....just utterly boring.

Just makes me really not want to report how I do actually get on over the course of the following year.

Change the record mate PLEASE !!

I'm hard nosed to hell but many new posters must just give up and vanish which I'm sure the owners of the site dont want.

You're on ignore likewise.....just utterly boring.

Just makes me really not want to report how I do actually get on over the course of the following year.
Take it easy jungerns, so you don't end up giving everybody an ignore status.:)
His post wasn't altogether that bad and it is much better to reply with facts.

Yeah, a few weeks before you got banned for spamming us with some commercial link. What was it you were promoting anyhow?

Oh I could make a lot more than 15% buying and selling cars but my objective is to move overseas with my wife and have 4 or 5 income sources but none of them dependant on me being in the UK......

Thanks for your sensible reply.........

What country are you going to?

(I will tell you what I would do in that country, if I know).

Last edited:
What country are you going to?

(I will tell you what I would do in that country, if I know).

Not set in stone but Malaysia and Thailand, mainly right on the border of the countries......

Have been umpteen times and quality internet connections available.

Am currently reviewing the different tax scenarios for everything.

Not set in stone but Malaysia and Thailand, mainly right on the border of the countries......

Have been umpteen times and quality internet connections available.

Am currently reviewing the different tax scenarios for everything.

My dream country to settle in, is Indonesia, at first I didn't like what was going on there, following the Bali bombings and the terrorists, but as far as life and nice Asian women it wins out, as soon as you go you will be about 7 times richer , the average monthly salary is about $100.

Many Brits are retiring there, it might be possible to invest in a house, and rent it out at good rates, those people were offering me luxurious homes for like 600euro a month, when the purchase price is about 50K, but I'm not sure if they
really find people to rent them out to.

To be honest I don't believe in real estate investing, but there are other, more difficult investment ideas that would be very successful in Asia, it depends on you.

the question is how far would 50K go in that area, there are for example people who might want to start a Biofuel project or a recycling project, they have the technical knowledge, there's plenty of raw materials, but they don't have the tools and the capital to get started. This kind of 'green' investing can far outperform real estate, and you can test the waters with a fraction of the capital, maybe only 3k-5K, before you need to get licensed.

as crude oil can only rise from now on, alternative fuels will be one of the best markets in Asia