3 Ducks Demo journal

Yes you're right, round numbers and support and resistance. In this case resistance. Thanks, I must try and bear these in mind as well.

Also 400 was the high of the day which adds to it, although TRO is without
doubt a pretty ecentric character his thread is worth a look if just to remind
of the importance of highs/lows of the day. Well done with the thread. Dazzer

Yes, I did run through his thread but couldn't come to grips with his methods and lost interest. I'll go through it again though. Thanks for you input. I really need this sort of feedback which I know will improve my trading which I think was lacking previously.

Hey Dazzer,

Just out of interest, this order was also close to the low of the day but not really a round figure. Any thoughts on that.

I suppose you have to build a story, you had
consolidation prior to the low plus the flag
so the low would not have been as much of
a concern IMO.

GBPJPY setup for short
Sold at 120.644
sl: 120.98
tp: 120.00

Attachments

• gj.gif
    gj.gif
    45.7 KB · Views: 356
Looking at this trade again, it was not a good setup. I actually sold on the support that was developing from yesterday. So I'm going to tighten my sl to the resistance as shown in the chart and bring my tp to break even. I should have rather waited for the support at 120.60 to have been breached before entering the trade.

Attachments

• gj.gif
    gj.gif
    44.4 KB · Views: 353
Looking at this trade again, it was not a good setup. I actually sold on the support that was developing from yesterday. So I'm going to tighten my sl to the resistance as shown in the chart and bring my tp to break even. I should have rather waited for the support at 120.60 to have been breached before entering the trade.

I think its sometimes easier to revert back to a higher time frame to get
perspective, you sold in a into a pretty strong trendline which has just
broken. It then has todays low to contend with and then yesterdays low, in
my mind then it gets some clean air. Perhaps I'm just a little too careful!

Attachments

• t2w001.JPG
    t2w001.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 229
Yes, I see your point. I appreciate your input here. We have a holiday tomorrow so I'll post the loss from the last trade on Monday. Also won't be at my pc where the demo account is loadeded so will get back to trading on Monday.

Yes, I see your point. I appreciate your input here. We have a holiday tomorrow so I'll post the loss from the last trade on Monday. Also won't be at my pc where the demo account is loadeded so will get back to trading on Monday.

Have a good break and keep posting, will watch with interest

Some money management I want to add. I started with around $5000. There are many suggestions that we should only risk between 1 and 5 % of capital per trade. I'm going to risk 5% per trade which is $250. So the maximum loss that I should incur per trade will be $250. I will apply this for all my trades from now on.

GBPCHF shows a decent setup. Waiting for break of the low at 1.4504 and confirmation only on close of candle below this level. Daily also showed a good bearish engulfing pattern 2 days ago. Problem is the daily support shown at 1.4467 which would not give us the required RR. So giving this setup a miss.

Attachments

• gc.gif
    gc.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 202
  • gcd.gif
    gcd.gif
    34 KB · Views: 214
Good opportunity missed on the GBPCHF. As shown in the previous post, price bounced of the daily support and all ducks were lined up for this trade with entry at 1.4555. Anyway, will just monitor and look for a retracement to enter.

Further confirmation of the trade would have been yesterdays pin bar formed on the daily tf.

Attachments

• gc.gif
    gc.gif
    33.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Same with EURGBP.
Price broke below the range its been trading at for the last 3 days with all ducks lined up and short entry at 0.83783. Too bad I missed them. Lets wait for the next setup.

Attachments

• eg.gif
    eg.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 192
Good opportunity missed on the GBPCHF. As shown in the previous post, price bounced of the daily support and all ducks were lined up for this trade with entry at 1.4555. Anyway, will just monitor and look for a retracement to enter.

Further confirmation of the trade would have been yesterdays pin bar formed on the daily tf.

Target for 2:1 RR would have been hit now with tp 1.4595 and sl 1.4535.

Same with EURGBP.
Price broke below the range its been trading at for the last 3 days with all ducks lined up and short entry at 0.83783. Too bad I missed them. Lets wait for the next setup.

Would have taken profit here at 0.8360 for almost 2:1 RR with sl at 0.8390. Reason is the low in Feb may offer some support and don't want to be too greedy.