2017 Forex predictions - Strongest Currency ?

What G8 Currency will be the strongest in 2017 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NVP

Guest Author
hey all

lests have a little fun leading up to the new year :)

c'mon place your bet ........will it be the fancied Greenback or a wildcard run on something else

hey we cant get any worse at predicting than most of the big trading houses .......

so place your bet.........and tell as why as well if you want here :)

N

heres the form for this year so far ............the colours match the main g 8 currencies in top left corner of chart ........

yellow Yen is the leader gang ........it had a stunning kicker plsy off the brexit vote and probably wont be caught now in december ............although it is getting hammered at moment in Nov / dec ...........and Brown Cad is catching ..........photo finish ? :)

what about a 2017 rebound call on the struggling red GBP .......christ that would be nice for us brits trying to pay less for European products and services

N

Attachments

• g8 action this year.JPG
    g8 action this year.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 364
Premature to bet on the $ as we don't know what Trump is going to be like. I think we will see the Canadian dollar strengthen especially if they can get the trade deal moving.

usd is too obvious a bet ...........and 12 months is a long long time in this game ........and the usd struggles with momentum as its slowed down by being the global anchor currency .....so something will eclipse it i think

me ?

i'm going to say AUD ........I think it will sneak up on outside as the other fight to the death..............and europe looks like a graveyard for 2017 .........Abe wont let the yen go so bull again on 2017 .......and as i said USD always gets handicapped ........AUD , perhaps CAD but I'll go Downunder for my bet

N

Premature to bet on the $ as we don't know what Trump is going to be like. I think we will see the Canadian dollar strengthen especially if they can get the trade deal moving.

solid play......Cad may still take title this year as well :cool:

usd is too obvious a bet ...........and 12 months is a long long time in this game ........and the usd struggles with momentum as its slowed down by being the global anchor currency .....so something will eclipse it i think

me ?

i'm going to say AUD ........I think it will sneak up on outside as the other fight to the death..............and europe looks like a graveyard for 2017 .........Abe wont let the yen go so bull again on 2017 .......and as i said USD always gets handicapped ........AUD , perhaps CAD but I'll go Downunder for my bet

N
That's not a bad call although it is strongly correlated with China which intern has a dependency on global recovery. I do think we have the makings of an AU carry trade if they keep rates unchanged and China recovers

Euro - we hear so much bad press about it, so I'm expecting it to rise

PS Wouldn't buy it though, don't like to gamble/predict the future when trading.

like to make predicions based on more history ?

ok lets drop back to opens of 2010.......thats cleared out the skew of the 2007/8 crash ......now any clues from this ?

for me technically :-

the yellow yen looks overdue for a bounce of support in 2017
is Green USD hitting a R level ?
Can GBP breach those solid S levels and become a hero in 2017 ?
Can brown cad overcome the recent pressure , can it breach solid R levels ?
Will AUD finally get a Bull run on (my call remember)
will turquoise NZD hit a R level ?

all to play for in 2017 ...........
N

Attachments

• g8 from 2010.JPG
    g8 from 2010.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 259
Euro - we hear so much bad press about it, so I'm expecting it to rise

PS Wouldn't buy it though, don't like to gamble/predict the future when trading.

yep contrarian plays .......nice :p

That's not a bad call although it is strongly correlated with China which intern has a dependency on global recovery. I do think we have the makings of an AU carry trade if they keep rates unchanged and China recovers

thats the achilles heel ............all rests on china ..........time will tell :smart:

thats the achilles heel ............all rests on china ..........time will tell :smart:
Well it's true isn't it. Currencies are driven by economies and they are interconnected. If China can pickup then demand will drive AU mining.

I think it's a toss up between EUR and GBP because they've had the biggest drop due to Brexit fiasco.

Based on assumption UK is shooting it self in the foot I've opted for the Euro.

Whether UK leaves or remains Euro will recover being a steadfast open market trading block compared to US and UK moves to go down the other route.

ECB will protect by funding dodgy banks, no less than what the US and UK have done. The union will hold. (y)

hey all

lests have a little fun leading up to the new year :)

c'mon place your bet ........will it be the fancied Greenback or a wildcard run on something else

hey we cant get any worse at predicting than most of the big trading houses .......

so place your bet.........and tell as why as well if you want here :)

N

How are you calculating this?
Most strength / weakness is calculated using USD as a benchmark, which is complete bollux.

I will go with USD, it has always been proved mighty, it will once more prove the same.

How are you calculating this?
Most strength / weakness is calculated using USD as a benchmark, which is complete bollux.

All on my main thread on strengthmeters......it's a simple,strengthmeter Calc

Usd is just 1 of the 8 currencies......it's strength or weakness is defined by the others ......simple math ....no tricks

N:smart: