2012: Annual Review

trendie

Legendary member
So, the nights are drawing in, people are throttling back, preparing for yuletide holidays.
Year coming to a close, and fresh new one on the horizon.

How was this year for you?
Trading:
how did the past 12 months fare, were they better, worse or same as last year?
has the market manifested any unusual characteristics that affected your trading?
were some months better than others?
have you adapted your trading this year for any reason?
is the method you apply now the same as at the beginning of the year?

Personal:
have you done something, or started something new that has personally advanced you?
what has happened, or what have you learned that makes you feel more mature or more enriched?
what bad habit have you given up, or good habit you have gained?

Future:
How do you approach the New Year? with optimism, or trepidation? and why.
Is there something you want to achieve on 2013?
Do you see yourself still trading in March, July, September, December next year?
Do you plan to branch out business-wise? if so, what into?

EDIT: HA-HA-HA!.
Just got a survey pop up. The irony does not escape me. :)

So, the nights are drawing in, people are throttling back, preparing for yuletide holidays.
Year coming to a close, and fresh new one on the horizon.

How was this year for you? On balance - progressive
Trading:
how did the past 12 months fare, were they better, worse or same as last year? First half very good, latter half especially 3rd quarter poor. 4th quarter is looking better.
has the market manifested any unusual characteristics that affected your trading? Same old. Was right on calls but still ended up with losses on two particular trades... Had a deja vu feeling about it all :cheesy:
were some months better than others? Yes first half of year better than latter.
have you adapted your trading this year for any reason? Yes - trade less and win more.
is the method you apply now the same as at the beginning of the year? Yes

Personal:
have you done something, or started something new that has personally advanced you? Started cycling in 2011 but much more into it this year. Feel fitter, happier and more energy and drive. If wind is in right direction will cycle from London to Worthing for the Xmas get away on the 21st :)
what has happened, or what have you learned that makes you feel more mature or more enriched? Getting old and mellowing out seems to have the effect of allowing one to see events in slow motion. Less running around and more enjoyment of the simple things in life.
what bad habit have you given up, or good habit you have gained? Use car much less. Cycle more... (y)

Future:
How do you approach the New Year? with optimism, or trepidation? and why. With optimism and opportunities knocking on the door.
Is there something you want to achieve on 2013? Get out of London and find work in Worthing or Brighton.
Do you see yourself still trading in March, July, September, December next year? Absolutely
Do you plan to branch out business-wise? if so, what into? Walnut farming is the dream but planet Pluto seems nearer right now. Just need to increase my weetabix consumption - I'll cover the distance in no time.

EDIT: HA-HA-HA!.
Just got a survey pop up. The irony does not escape me. :)

Good idea Trendie,

I always reflect on the year gone and one up ahead. Something we do as a family including comparing notes with my siblings too. Usually a good laugh and ends up with us knocking each other on our failures rather than achievements.

Festive greetings (y)