2000i Data Feed

jmiles301

Anyone know how to get a data feed working on 2000i? I am currently trying to use HSQuote in conjunction with GlobalServer but am having some troubles with it. I have looked through a lot of help menus and FAQS but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas, advice, or other possibilities?

I have never heard of HSQuote but I have used IQ Feed with hyperserver and it works well. You do need to make sure that any symbols you have are correctly named and that when trying to get realtime data that the symbol says "Connected" in the status category.

Paul

Trader333 said:
I have never heard of HSQuote but I have used IQ Feed with hyperserver and it works well. You do need to make sure that any symbols you have are correctly named and that when trying to get realtime data that the symbol says "Connected" in the status category.

Paul

Trader333,

Does IQ Feed have Asian futuers data such as Hang Seng? Where's their website ?

jmiles301 said:
Anyone know how to get a data feed working on 2000i? I am currently trying to use HSQuote in conjunction with GlobalServer but am having some troubles with it. I have looked through a lot of help menus and FAQS but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas, advice, or other possibilities?

It looks like eSignal is the only one with technical support for TS2000i users.

$140 / month is not cheap though.

Hello, thanks for your info. I just checked it. They only support the following exchanges:

Data Exchanges:
Italian Stock Exchange
Italian Derivates Exchange
Eurex
CME
Forex
World Indices
Liffe (coming soon

However, we're trading Asian futures here. Fully automated trading platform is still pretty advanced in this part of the world unlike the US. Maybe this is why TradeStation Group continues to make new HIGHs this year.

I am not sure what you mean because Hyperserver supports a number of datafeeds including DTN IQ which will allow you to access many of the above exchanges ?

Paul

iqfeed + metaserver rocks!

sherlock holmes

edit: if you use minute based charts then you can use metaserver and interactive brokers

iqfeed looks good and the price is reasonable. However, it doesn't have the data from the Hong Kong futures exchange

Holmes said:
iqfeed + metaserver rocks!

sherlock holmes

edit: if you use minute based charts then you can use metaserver and interactive brokers

Holmes,

Thanks for your info. Where could I find more technical info regarding metaserver ?

In my view Metaserver will not be of any more use to you than Hyperserver as it is an interface between TS2000i and the datafeed used but you have to pay for it where you dont with Hyperserver.

Paul

More information on Metaserver is at:

http://www.traderssoft.com/ts/msrt/

There is a Dynamic Data Exchange version of Metaserver, which provides a generic interface between a DDE datasource and Global server.

I use the Interactive Brokers version of Metaserver and can highly recommend it.

Bunyip said:
More information on Metaserver is at:

http://www.traderssoft.com/ts/msrt/

There is a Dynamic Data Exchange version of Metaserver, which provides a generic interface between a DDE datasource and Global server.

I use the Interactive Brokers version of Metaserver and can highly recommend it.

Bunyip,

Is the Interactive Brokers verison of Metaserver FREE ?

I am considering getting the 3.2 version for US $162 + openning an account with IB. Does IB give you the data for FREE as long as you do a couple of trades with them every month ?

eSignal might be a good solution, but the cost is relatively high (US $140 + $$ exchange fee)

Are you running "fully" automated strategies on your TS2000i ?

Thanks a lot for you valuable info.

bdholmes said:
Why use Metaserver when Hyperserver is free?

I want to use Hyperserver, but there's no Hang Seng Futures datafeed for Hyperserver.

I need to find out more about how the Global Server works. Maybe I will be able to find a way to connect them...

Hyperserver no longer free

bdholmes said:
Why use Metaserver when Hyperserver is free?

FYI, Hyperserver lite is no longer free. This is from email I got this morning:

HyperServer Lite for TWS is not longer free of charge.
The users with valid regustration code can use it until Dec 2006, but cannot
be possible receive any new license for this product.

Yours Sincerely,
Robert Giordano
HyperTrader Tech. Support

Bad news for me. Their new fees are 50 eur for the lite and 96 eur for a version that supports some sort of backfill. The question is do I want to buy something from them, given their reliability so far, or try to cobble together a replacement. (The issue is not really the cost, it is more the trust and reliability.)

I found a C++ application that feeds TS2k from Xtrader prices.... but I don't know enough C++ to do much with it.

Steve

Hmm, You have me thinking now because TS2Ki does have a developers platform and I may now check this out and develop my own interface as I dont think that it would be too hard.

Paul

ptcm said:
Bunyip,

Is the Interactive Brokers version of Metaserver FREE ?

I am considering getting the 3.2 version for US $162 + opening an account with IB. Does IB give you the data for FREE as long as you do a couple of trades with them every month ?

eSignal might be a good solution, but the cost is relatively high (US $140 + $$ exchange fee)

Are you running "fully" automated strategies on your TS2000i ?

Thanks a lot for you valuable info.

PTCM,

You have to pay a one off fee for Metaserver, but the data from IB is just about free (only exchange fees, which are fairly minimal). I used to use eSignal with TS2000i, but now save myself £160+ per month with IB. I ran both in parallel for a while and couldn't spot the difference. The deciding factor for me was that Metaserver provided a backfill capacity on IB, which eSignal has had for a few years.

I run the datafeed 24 hours a day, using TWStart to re-start TWS when it logs off.

I was not sure why you cannot get the Hang Seng into Global Server - if IB provide the instrument to trade against (and stream the data) then you can capture it in Global Server.

I haven't tried to automate any strategies (ie. TS automatically placing the orders on IB), but TS will give me the signals for the orders.

Hope this helps.