20 /30 profitable Dow Dax weekly 100 ticks profit

loss 10 = on dow = 0 FOR WEEK

2 more losses - 6 ( including -13 ) and -10 = -16 for week

less 1 profit + 28 locked away =+12

Are you ignoring the -£555.80 on your previous post?

Attachments

• opt.png
    opt.png
    204.5 KB · Views: 112
Are you ignoring the -£555.80 on your previous post?

Running current drawdown but they will be included by end of week, depending on
if weekly options are used or daily options are used .

BTW the 12300 call is a different strategy ,so that is excluded

today premiums are high , so I have just written these options , as an alternative

Attachments

• daily.jpg
    daily.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 110
smoke and mirrors
the obscuring or embellishing of the truth of a situation with misleading or irrelevant information.
"the budget process is an exercise in smoke and mirrors"

loss 10 = on dow = 0 FOR WEEK

2 more losses - 6 ( including -13 ) and -10 = -16 for week

less 1 profit + 28 locked away =+12

today was very difficult

loads of trades made +145 using different methods , but lost -247 on weekly options

net loss so far = -90 for week

disadvantage of using weekly options , I used yesterday.

if using daily options , last nights results would be -20 ,-20 = -40 and today's result would be +20 -20+20 = + 20 , so net - 20 using daily options

today was very difficult

loads of trades made +145 using different methods , but lost -247 on weekly options

disadvantage of using weekly options , I used yesterday.

if using daily options , last nights results would be -20 ,-20 = -40 and today's result would be +20 -20+20 = + 20 , so net - 20 using daily options

I think you need to rename the thread.
"20 /30 profitable Dow Dax weekly 100 ticks Loss"

The price has come off from 12700

but this method is not losing it's shirt , longs are losing shorts are making , mistakes are costing profits

he hides his losses and never talks about them , I don't hide my losses .

The market has been making a lot of noise over the last couple of days. Foroom...Where the hell are you. You've been very quiet and not been posting in your usual style. My concern is you've closed or allowed to expire your put options for profit and run your long DFB's naked and are now facing a hole in your account unless the markets rise. If you were on a desk I would be calling you in for a meeting and review. Any screenshots?

Lee

Reference only:
Dax was trading at highs of 12300* on Tuesday 8th August 2017
Dax now trading at under 12,000* as of the time of this post
Losses could expected to be in the thousands based on your previous position size, if you've added trying to 'trade out' of the position, the losses could be even worse.

*Figures approximate.

Hi Lee

Since then lost 123 on longs and made 113 on shorts = -10

Loss for week is -90 + -10 = -100

This is expected , with my method , because my method is long biased .A down trend has broken out.

Long positions are traded double the size of the short , money wise I lose more in losing weeks .Just quiet because , nothing to sing about , concentrating on the trading.

The other problem has been using weekly options , the risk is 60 on weekly , whereas on daily it is it is maximum 30 , now using 2 weekly options increases losses by 60 ticks , otherwise the method is robust.

Loss for week is -90 + -10 = -100

With my method , if price drops 800 ticks , I only lose 12 to 60 per trade , but I can gain 15 to 100 when I win.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 114