+1 someone who shows he's good, rather than tells everyone about it

Ironically DJ is doing the exact opposite of what you've just said mate , he keeps telling everyone how good he is but frankly he didn't show or prove that , screen shots are meaningless and proves nothing , that's "cherry picking" , pick whatever you want to show of your trades and take a screen shot ...

Last edited:
Ironically DJ is doing the exact opposite of what you've just said mate , he keeps telling everyone how good he is but frankly he didn't show or prove that , screen shots are meaningless and proves nothing , that's "cherry picking" , pick whatever you want to show of your trades and take a screen shot ...

Hi Tar

What you have said is one reason why I will never show you and the forum my main live large accounts - you would just laugh and say he's making it up and its a load of rubbish done by paint shop or whatever

If you have a belief that all retail traders are rubbish - and no trader can read PA like DJ or any other experienced good short term trader - then nothing will change you

Even if you sat next to me or DJ - in a trading room - seeing us place say 30 trades over a few days using a broker of your choice etc - and the results showed say 22 - 25 trades all correct and wins over say 150 pip + and monies up say $1500 to $10k - you would say - NO - that's luck - its fixed - cannot be true lol

Its a shame - so many are like you on this site - so very negative and not really wanting to trade well and make money - just want to try and knock all and sundry down and presume every member is in the 90%+ losing club - a sister forum to T2W

Wake up and smell the coffee

I reckon there is anything from 30k to 80k other retail traders around the world making money from FX consistently every day

There still may be 900k to 2 million retail traders losing consistently as well - and I bet those traders are not all saying it cannot be done

I will tell you now - if you had watched over 5000+ hrs of live small charts under 15 minutes - you would also know far more - and probably be very successful

Meanwhile you and all are welcome to join me in my thread any day and tear me apart - whilst I just make money and make calls etc etc

You are welcome

All the best and good trading

Regards

F

Last edited:
so how long do you you want to see an account before you don't think it's "cherry picking"? One month, one year, ten years or what?

Anyway, imo, the overall p/l is much less important than gleaning how people are trading, particularly how well they control risk.

Hands up anyone who, at some stage in their trading development, hasn't seen several days (weeks) worth of hard earned gains disappear in a single trade :devilish:

so how long do you you want to see an account before you don't think it's "cherry picking"? One month, one year, ten years or what?

Anyway, imo, the overall p/l is much less important than gleaning how people are trading, particularly how well they control risk.

Hands up anyone who, at some stage in their trading development, hasn't seen several days (weeks) worth of hard earned gains disappear in a single trade :devilish:

Your question Jon is applicable to statements not screen shots , screen shots are meaningless at all levels its just an "after the event" preview of some trades ! It doesn't show anything and its open to manipulation , and "cherry picking" .
However re verified track records and audited statements i would say the longer/bigger the better , that's to cover years of different market cycles/conditions ... etc , a meaningful track record should show filled levels , all trading statistics , max DD , trading behavior - like does he average down ... etc - , win rate , R:R , risk , slippage , sharpe ratio , commission/average profit ratio .. etc . Simple industry standards .

Your question Jon is applicable to statements not screen shots , screen shots are meaningless at all levels its just an "after the event" preview of some trades ! It doesn't show anything and its open to manipulation , and "cherry picking" .
However re verified track records and audited statements i would say the longer/bigger the better , that's to cover years of different market cycles/conditions ... etc , a meaningful track record should show filled levels , all trading statistics , max DD , trading behavior - like does he average down ... etc - , win rate , R:R , risk , slippage , sharpe ratio , commission/average profit ratio .. etc . Simple industry standards .

Well, yes, but even then "past performance is no guarantee of future success" as they keep warning us. There's many a red hot trader gone lukewarm or worse :)

With boards like this you either take the view that everyone lies through their teeth all the time (probably the safest view :LOL:) or you try to determine whether what people say hangs together. Screen shots are helpful in that, albeit that they don't "prove" anything.

oh yes, holding on to losers will cause some pain. Before I start trading I always repeat out aloud 'I take 3 tick losers' 100 times. seems to help.:) The thing is 'mission fatigue' can set in and you get hypnotised by the screen, it's so easy to lapse BUT you musnt as its the thin end of the wedge.

GTTY

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, yes, but even then "past performance is no guarantee of future success" as they keep warning us. There's many a red hot trader gone lukewarm or worse :)

With boards like this you either take the view that everyone lies through their teeth all the time (probably the safest view :LOL:) or you try to determine whether what people say hangs together. Screen shots are helpful in that, albeit that they don't "prove" anything.
:LOL:

Wasn't talking about discussion boards , who cares if someone is/isnt making money here ? And this isn't totally related to someone being trustworthy or not , nearly all traders make money at some point and they do think they are profitable when in reality they aren't . Example : many martingale/averaging down traders will say look i've made money ... etc , they aren't lying , they are making money NOW yes , but if they show their track records everything will be clear then that they are going to blow their accounts eventually .

Hi Tar

What you have said is one reason why I will never show you and the forum my main live large accounts - you would just laugh and say he's making it up and its a load of rubbish done by paint shop or whatever

F

Have you ever thought of using forexfactory's trade explorer and making it public? Its an excellent tool.

Last edited:
Have you ever thought of using forexfactory's trade explorer and making it public? Its an excellent tool.

Hi ffsear

No - never looked at the forex factory trade explorer - but will check it out now you have mentioned it

I think showing your results for a few months or a year -plus opens up another "can of worms" really - might be great if you are wanting to attract Capital etc - but even my own accountant questions me about how many accounts have I got open now - and where are they all .

I just have to say - what are you on about ? - just because you did not know my wife - and son and daughter are all better traders than me and they all have other tax advantages is just one of those things - nudge nudge - wink wink - know what I mean lol(y)

here is a screenshot of my January monthly statement, dates are US style month/day/year.

not especially proud of it but was alright, gave half back already in Feb already. pah. today i hit my self imposed 15 tick daily loss limit (actually lost -17 ticks). I normally quit for the day if I hit +20 ticks and save the mental energy for another day.

GTTY

Attachments

• monthly statement.png
    monthly statement.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 308
Hey DJ. I know you like statements here are my trades today. +20 ticks, daily target done and trading platform shut down, I always stop when I hit my daily target, preserving mental energy. Bund, Eurostoxx, 6E and a cheeky BundBobl spread. The 3 tick loser was in the Bund when I got legged in the spread and tried to take a 1 tick loser in the Bund before I knew it I had chased it up the screen 3 ticks. lol. The last trade I scratched the Eurostoxx long, it went on to hit my +2 tick target but I scratched it when the 6E trade hit target, once the +20 ticks was done I no longer wanted to play.

GTTY

Attachments

• statement.png
    statement.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 200
ya like statements?
Here's mine so far today.
See if I can turn it around or not:cry: :devilish:

Maybe this board needs a daily pnl thread like over at elitetrader!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 201
G/J ! Excellent win ratio & good risk control. Great morning's work.

thanks. I failed to hit my +100 target for the week though due to 2 lapses of risk control on tue/wed. My bug bear is risk control, I am getting better at it though. I posted up my January monthly statement as well in case Tar got upset. lol

ya like statements?
Here's mine so far today.
See if I can turn it around or not:cry: :devilish:

Maybe this board needs a daily pnl thread like over at elitetrader!

hopefully you can turn it around just 'one good trade, one good trade, one good trade'. Do you have a daily loss limit? My long term stats improved when I (a) had one and (b) stuck to it.

GL