1000 pips per week? Is it Possible?

Marwan2010

Established member
I have given out live trades that i have taken on this forum

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...es-marwans-trading-journal-38.html#post773702

I have just achieved a 1000 pips today just in a week,

All i did was follow simple techniques, follow kiss principle, no garbage on charts, strong mental fitness, most get the entries right, and cut the losses.

My motto has been, " If the market is not doing what you expect it to do, get out"

as my friend said on the thread, sky is the limit! trully it is! - Trading can be easy!

All i did was follow simple techniques, follow kiss principle, no garbage on charts, strong mental fitness, most get the entries right, and cut the losses.

My motto has been, " If the market is not doing what you expect it to do, get out"

Couldn't agree more, doesn't matter if you cut it and it later goes your way.

there has never been any real concern about making 1k pips per week.
however, it has to be seen in context of the weekly and daily ranges.

a certain wasp has been making 500 pips per week (only limited by self-imposed targets, which are hit mostly by Wednesday; if I recall correctly, Thursday has been the longest time; this week he hit 500 before end-Tuesday), trading ONLY GJ.

yes, it can be done. good stuff, marwan2010. keep it up.

there has never been any real concern about making 1k pips per week.
however, it has to be seen in context of the weekly and daily ranges.

a certain wasp has been making 500 pips per week (only limited by self-imposed targets, which are hit mostly by Wednesday; if I recall correctly, Thursday has been the longest time; this week he hit 500 before end-Tuesday), trading ONLY GJ.

yes, it can be done. good stuff, marwan2010. keep it up.

Yes agree, if you can get a knack of understanding GJ, then 1000 pips just on this currency is possible!

it is the King of Kings!

Hey trendie, a light bulb has switched on after reading your post! I think I may try just trading GJ and nothing else! I guess if you can get to know how this monster behaves then one does not need to look at anything!

Hey trendie, a light bulb has switched on after reading your post! I think I may try just trading GJ and nothing else! I guess if you can get to know how this monster behaves then one does not need to look at anything!

of your trades, GJ accounted for 577 pips, and GU for 218. (not counting today. by the way, I think you understated your profits by 33. you missed a +33 trade)

the rest (EU and EJ) were essentially an unprofitable tax on your time and resources.

have a muse upon that.

also 1000 pips should be seen in terms of context, if this is made via daytrading the likelyhood is you will be able to achive much greater returns than on swing trading due to the stop sizes you can apply thus increasing your leverage.

I have given out live trades that i have taken on this forum

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...es-marwans-trading-journal-38.html#post773702

I have just achieved a 1000 pips today just in a week,

as my friend said on the thread, sky is the limit! trully it is! - Trading can be easy!

Could you explain your methods with a little more detail and possibly the odd chart explaining entry and exit criteria please?

Sure 1000 pips is good, but if you're risking 5p/pip and risking 500 pip stops then it's nothing to care about really. I'd rather make 200 pips/week at good size than just have bragging rights of "Omg, I made 1k pips every week, i'm the best :cool:"

Course it's possible, either pick a pair that moves in large quantities ie. GBP/JPY or trade like hell.

of your trades, GJ accounted for 577 pips, and GU for 218. (not counting today. by the way, I think you understated your profits by 33. you missed a +33 trade)

the rest (EU and EJ) were essentially an unprofitable tax on your time and resources.

have a muse upon that.

thanks mate!

Could you explain your methods with a little more detail and possibly the odd chart explaining entry and exit criteria please?

Yes will post the charts over the weekend. it is so simple, so 90% will not use it.

to put it simply, it is in just 1 paragraph.

Look for a divergence, then look for a break OR a bounce of support ( LONG)/ resistance (SHORT), then look for a 123 setup. Once you have YEs to all FIRE.
Manage the trade, if it is doing what you want it to do - GET OUT!, thats why you see lots of small losses. Very rarely i will let it get stopped out.
Today was an exception - had trades and then went on a long lunch!

Ok herewith a chart of on eof trades i had done;

Attachments

• GY.gif
    GY.gif
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,365
It would be nice to share any simple systems on this thread, which newbies as well as Pros can benefit!

Over to you!
Share and you shall receive 10 fold

It would be nice to share any simple systems on this thread, which newbies as well as Pros can benefit!

Over to you!
Share and you shall receive 10 fold

What are the moving averages set to?

What TF do you use mostly? I have been working with 1 hr but sometimes I find myself scalping on the hourly (which I presume is ridiculous).

I notice you had quite high stops hit towards the end of the day is 50pts your usual stop?

Also what is a 123 set up?

Google result

What are the moving averages set to?

What TF do you use mostly? I have been working with 1 hr but sometimes I find myself scalping on the hourly (which I presume is ridiculous).

I notice you had quite high stops hit towards the end of the day is 50pts your usual stop?

Also what is a 123 set up?

Got this from Google: 123 set up

Forex Trading

Make good trades, period.
But have loose goals..Ex: Make enough to pay expenses x,xxx-x,xxx or something.