100 trades

Journal was never this busy when I was trading! :eek: :cheesy:
Thats cos we was all to busy laughing!
sarcastic.gif

Ouch! right in the feelings! :cry:
comon man, you know i was jokin. Take a good hard detatched view of what youve done in this thread. Put it up there for all to see, when at least at the start of the thread, you wernt exactly firing on all emotional cylinders.
What would you say to your best mate whod committed to doing the same?
Reckon it might go something like "Well done mate" ;)
Have you given yourself the same consideration?

Last edited:
I know you were only joking ;)
I was too, by the way. My feelings aren't really hurt.
Kinell bud. Mate. Takes a lot to make me cry. I do mma. I'm off for a run.

(having trouble understanding the rest of you post so can't comment)
Dont worry about it mate, its all psychological rubbish that dont matter anyways! Just ask everyone else on here :p
Done some BJJ myself so i know what its like to get choked TFO :LOL:

Did you? Lets break down what you said a little further here. Im sure scholfield has seen enough pyschoblurb.
Yes, that is what I said. You've not broken down what I said any further, you've simply opined on what might be the cause of the problem you invented for your hypothetical tennis player. Still, it's a good way to drive traffic to a thread you started and I'm sure many will appreciate the pictures you apparently find pertinent to the subject matter.

Contrary to the stereotype, I do have a sense of humor and enjoy much of what any other chap enjoys; but there's a time and a place. If everyone were doing stunningly well then we could afford to chit chat like this, but from what I read, few are doing well at all. If you are, perhaps you could refrain from clogging limited attention bandwidth or perhaps even diverting it, and let those that wish to do serious work carry on without having to trawl through trivia such as that to which you direct us.

I will be trying a random entry idea with tiny stakes.
Something i've never tried, but always told myself it was next on my list after reading posts by people
like 'the hare' a year or so ago.

Started yet?
Quite a lot of random entry talk on elitetrader recently.

Started yet?
Quite a lot of random entry talk on elitetrader recently.

Actually, yes.
trading oil as I think volatililty will suit my random method best.

Yesterday was very good. Was up nearly 80ticks at one point. Ended the day up about 50ticks.

Today, currently up 22 ticks on 12 trades.

Yes, that is what I said. You've not broken down what I said any further, you've simply opined on what might be the cause of the problem you invented for your hypothetical tennis player. Still, it's a good way to drive traffic to a thread you started and I'm sure many will appreciate the pictures you apparently find pertinent to the subject matter.

Contrary to the stereotype, I do have a sense of humor and enjoy much of what any other chap enjoys; but there's a time and a place. If everyone were doing stunningly well then we could afford to chit chat like this, but from what I read, few are doing well at all. If you are, perhaps you could refrain from clogging limited attention bandwidth or perhaps even diverting it, and let those that wish to do serious work carry on without having to trawl through trivia such as that to which you direct us.
Invented/hypothetical? Are you sure about that?
Ive broken your comment down some, ive also asked you:-
You mentioned "a small flaw in his end game". What could that be?
Could you expand a little on the 'techniques that would help' you mentioned.
For you, as a former 'cognitive psychologist'? Should be apples in a barrel. :)

Btw, my thread, i like TiTZ. :cheesy:

Actually, yes.
trading oil as I think volatililty will suit my random method best.

Yesterday was very good. Was up nearly 80ticks at one point. Ended the day up about 50ticks.

Today, currently up 22 ticks on 12 trades.

so far. (obviously not planning to update all the time with my random trading, but since i mentioned it)

Attachments

• random.JPG
    random.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 182
I've not logged on t2w for the best part of a month.
Suprisingly, people still seem interested and i've had a few pm's.

After lots of years trying, I have more or less quit.

Just out of boredom I will be trying a random entry idea with tiny stakes.
Something i've never tried, but always told myself it was next on my list after reading posts by people
like 'the hare' a year or so ago.

I also see that my old mate 'purplebrain' has also quit :(
Saddens me, as he was clearly a very intelligent chap.
(although maybe that intelligence meant that he could quit before wasting years of time and money
like most others!)

Anyway, wasn't gonna post again, but it's quicker than replying to pm's

cheers

do you have a link for "the hare's" posts?

Amazing. Not had 3 good winning days in a row in ages :eek:

Fun experiment if nothing else.

There was a few random entry traders who claimed to be proftable but I don't think they post here any more.
Are there any random entry traders here out of interest?
(I know there's supposedly a long-term, successfull one over on the aussie stock traders forum)

Attachments

• random.JPG
    random.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 195
@scholfield - G/J, nice results. Keep it up.

cheers, although at this point it's now a hobby rather than a dream/goal.

However, looking like my 4th winning day in a row at the moment.
Up 33 ticks on oil still with random entry.

Can't remember having 4 winning days in a row when I was a 'technical trader'!

Maybe T/A gets one in at exactly the wrong times due to people manipulating the price, so random entry is superiror!(?) God knows....

Having fun whilst it lasts, though.

Attachments

• random.JPG
    random.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 172
cheers, although at this point it's now a hobby rather than a dream/goal.

However, looking like my 4th winning day in a row at the moment.
Up 33 ticks on oil still with random entry.

Can't remember having 4 winning days in a row when I was a 'technical trader'!

Maybe T/A gets one in at exactly the wrong times due to people manipulating the price, so random entry is superiror!(?) God knows....

Having fun whilst it lasts, though.

GL with it. What are you doing for risk control? fixed stops/target? random/discretionary/volatility?

Last edited by a moderator:
GL with it. What are you doing for risk control? fixed stops/target? random/discretionary/volatility?

Getting in at random pre-determined levels.
Stops always tight.
Exit discretionary, but I aim to try to hold the trade if it's winning for at least as much as my stop loss.
I know it's just luck, but it has been a bit of an eye-opener.

Before, If I had have gotten 4 straight winning days, averaging 50 odd ticks per day with fairly tight stops using some new charting method, i'd have thought i'd stumbled upon the holy grail!
That it's been done with random entry is kind of disconcerting.

Last edited:
..................That it's been done with random entry is kind of disconcerting...........

Shouldn't be disconcerting - you're proving the importance of money management in the overall scheme of things.