You will wanna hire me.

herronryan

I am looking for a trading position. I have no degree but I can trade. I find that no one will talk to me without a degree. I have posted my records for may. It is a demo account however, it should count for consistency. Any thoughts? Thanks your your input.

Attachments

• equity as of 5-12-11.png
    equity as of 5-12-11.png
    187 KB · Views: 401
  • 5-24-11a.png
    5-24-11a.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 326
  • 5-23-11a.png
    5-23-11a.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 401
  • 5-22-11a.png
    5-22-11a.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 5-20-11a.png
    5-20-11a.png
    205.3 KB · Views: 291
  • 5-19-11a.png
    5-19-11a.png
    201.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 5-13-11a.png
    5-13-11a.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 5-12-11b.png
    5-12-11b.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 5-12-11a.png
    5-12-11a.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 5-11-11b.png
    5-11-11b.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 5-11-11a.png
    5-11-11a.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 329
  • 5-8-11a.png
    5-8-11a.png
    77 KB · Views: 296
  • 5-6-11a.png
    5-6-11a.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 306
  • 5-5-11a.png
    5-5-11a.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 301
  • 5-3-11a.png
    5-3-11a.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 271
I think you would need three years statements as a requirement for someone to look at you.

A demo account is one thing, vastly different from a real account where the emotions affect your judgement.

You may wish to determine what these firms are seeking other than schooling in order to tailor your resume to their requirements.

Because of the amount of high frequency trading, they may want to know that you can program in C++ and R and MatLab. as that is the way the business is trending.

If you are really skilled at trading, it would be to your disadvantage to split your profits with a firm.

There is absolutely no reason why you cannot trade live and then provide live figures with real money. You only need £100 in micro lot accounts if you do FX. Demo means jack **** in the trading world.

I am looking at those charts and your entries, some of your profits are blind luck, you are not yet experienced enough to be trading for a firm and they will see that. On a couple of your entries you gambled in the chop..... you were lucky but that is a no no if you are going to be a pro.

Best to open a real account and establish a lengthy track record

I am getting ready to open a real account again. i opened a few years ago and lost my rear end. i went back to studying and have been in the green for some time now... in a demo. the thing i had to over come was to cut my losses instead of averaging down-which is what i dont do anymore. so far, since april 17, 2011, i have made $6,000 in the demo, only trading from 10 to 50 micros (half a standard). thanks for the info. as far as gambling in the chop. i should have waited a while for a real signal to be established- however i am still in the green overall.

Herron,
Getting in to trading is very hard, but just wanted to say stick with it, keep practising and building up consistency. If you are going for junior positions a consistent track record will speak volumes, but most trainees wont have even traded before. Its more down to determination, i.e can you stomach 12 hour days on very little money constantly getting beaten up by the market and still come back the next day fresh and disciplined?

Without a degree you arent going to get into a bank/hedge fund im afraid. That doesnt mean you cant trade by any means, absolutely no correlation between degrees and trading success in my experience but these guys have an obligation to clients/board members etc etc to have ridiculously strict recruitment policies.

You should be looking at getting into a proprietary trading firm. There is a real mixture out there, some are churn and burn, they take on 30 juniors and kick one out each week until one is left standing, and more often than not that guy will fail too, but in the meantime the company has earned commissions off all those trainees. You want to find the firms that take on 5-6 people once or twice a year integrate the juniors into profitable teams where they are taught profitable strategies and worked with everyday.

Looks like you are from the US and I dont know of the firms out there, but if youre based in London PM me and i'll tell you which are the better firms.

I would say, trade real account, why add stress, if you can make your own income, strictly your own, instead of sharing it with a Comp and wont give 2 ****s for you..

Use your knowledge for YOUR benifit, and maybe some friends and family..

Anyone can get lucky for a month. So that doesn't count. If you know how to trade, then hire yourself and write your own job spec stating no degree required. Alternatively, you can give people here clear and explicit trading tips. If they make money, they will hire you. Again, no degree will be necessary. People don't give jack for degrees or anything else if they see $$$$.