CFT financials intereview

vinay1

Hi,

I have an interview. at CFT financials' Montreal Branch run by Andy Priston.It is a futures prop firm with an elite group of traders. Full Story

They have a bout 25-30 traders.The thing is I haven't finished my degree , but I have nearly four years trading experience and knowledge.This has taken a toll on my academics and I have decided to put them on hold and go part time uni and full time trading.

I belive I got the interview based on my past trading experience;I gave a detailed report of me making 1000 % returns on a paper account in the forex market by trading shorting a basket of currencies after the credit crisis began .I have traded real accounts ,but I haven't shown it to them nor intend to do so as the account is under my father's name .Though, I will try to get proof that I trade the account.
I know so far the training can last upto a year, with a salary.There is a split and a basic after training , no draws. There are desk fees but they come after a certain period of time.

I have the interview in less than two weeks. I am confident than I can give an excellent interview,and I feel I have an edge as most c.v's without a degree don't get an interview anyways. I've prepared myself mentally to take the positon and transfer from university to professional life. I am very passionate about trading and dedicated alot of hours into trading.Now I might have to put my degree aside for a few years.

However, I am slightly worried if my not finishing my degree will hinder me getting the job? Should I put my degree aside to take thid position if I do get a job offer?I am only 21 and am ready to wait to finish it.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

hmmm , what you say is true , but my circumstances make me lean towards accepting a position if offered. I spend over 8 hours looking at trading anyway, I might aswell get paid to learn it at a rapid pace.Unfortuantley there is no degree for trading. I've investment more time into this than in university, and i really don't want graduate with bad grades. I really think I can pick it up after. If the work doesn't go well, I can re register at university.failure comes fast in this business.i'm not a newbie and i'm aware of all the risks. in trading terms it would be a high probability set up for me be succesful in my chosen career, teh risk reward ratio is acceptable to me.The chance of being a sucessful trader making lots of money to having to go back to school.

I really do feel its and oppurtunity, I think it will give me the structured enviroment to take my trading to a superior level. I'll be surrounded an dmentored by some fantastic traders.

yup.

interesting to see the eagerness to pull the trigger and load up against every thing he has; against the patience and wisdom that time brings.

its just another trade.

but being younger, he has less at stake, as has nothing to lose (cv's can always be covered). sometimes, those trades are the best.

I was in a similar situation last year - 20 years old, 1 year left to get my (respectable, but irrelevant to trading) degree. I thought about dropping out, but ultimately decided that 1 year is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and it's worth it to have that as a backup. It'll always look better to get your degree in one shot than drop out and start over. Now I've got a few weeks left, and then I can stick the degree in the drawer and get on with life.

I get the feeling you've already made your mind up, but it's something to consider - especially since you can trade while studying.

"...I spend over 8 hours looking at trading anyway, I might aswell get paid to learn it at a rapid pace."

Are you sure they pay a salary? I thought that YOU paid a desk fee of about $2000 a month and got 50% of whatever, if any, profits you made?

"...I spend over 8 hours looking at trading anyway, I might aswell get paid to learn it at a rapid pace."

Are you sure they pay a salary? I thought that YOU paid a desk fee of about $2000 a month and got 50% of whatever, if any, profits you made?

You do eventually have to pay a desk fee , but I was told that this comes much later, once they have assessed your capabilites. Apparetnly you are eased into . But the training is paid and upto a year, so I believe I will be paid for time during that year since I won't be making profits. and I believe you still get the salary after training with 50 % split and desk fees.

I will know more details once I go through the interview process. I wouldn't do this or consider stopping university if this was any other prop. The fact that I will be probably trained by brave heart and his team with a salary is the clincher. This is his propr firm , he is the trading director.I don't know of anyone else around with his capabiliies in montreal or eastern Canada.

nah, I don't think he got it. I've been trying to find out, kid can't seem to even admit it.

I have just contacted CFT and it seems this program is not available anymore. They are offering a 16 week at home training class that costs a lot of money...Still thinking about it....Be all you can be...

No. His so called 'system' is called "Forex Confidante". I was just responding to a message in my mailbox. I had no idea it was going to get here. I would appreciate it if you tell me how to make people aware of this outright scam. This crook is so skillful that you won't find anything on him via Google.

No. His so called 'system' is called "Forex Confidante". I was just responding to a message in my mailbox. I had no idea it was going to get here. I would appreciate it if you tell me how to make people aware of this outright scam. This crook is so skillful that you won't find anything on him via Google.

I've only just come across this thread and am mystified as to why you're describing Forex Confidante as a scam. Have you read and really understood the excellent information that this document contains? I suspect that you haven't.

I would rate this as just about the best book/ebook I have ever read on money management and how to trade. I've been trading for 10 years so, I'm not, exactly, a beginner, although some days it seems like it:).

If I had to dispose of all my trading books and just keep one; it would be Forex Confidante. Imho, it's a gold mine.

I've only just come across this thread and am mystified as to why you're describing Forex Confidante as a scam. Have you read and really understood the excellent information that this document contains? I suspect that you haven't.

I would rate this as just about the best book/ebook I have ever read on money management and how to trade. I've been trading for 10 years so, I'm not, exactly, a beginner, although some days it seems like it:).

If I had to dispose of all my trading books and just keep one; it would be Forex Confidante. Imho, it's a gold mine.

Vladyz
Alan, I'm not trying to be sarcastic but if you call Forex Confidante a gold mine then you'll like a kid trading for the rest of your life. This is a copy of my request to Tom Strigano after I've read through this so called course. I tried to be polite:

Dear Tom,

Regretfully I came to conclusion that I cannot benefit from your course that I ordered and received today. I've been studying and trading the Futures markets for over 5 years now and I do not believe in either Fibonacci or Gann. Therefore I will not be able to use any of your methodologies.

Consequently I'm kindly requesting you to refund my purchase in the amount of $97.00 + $67.00 = $164. You can charge me a restocking fee if you wish.

Respectfully,

Vladimir Yakimetz.

Needless to say I've never received neither reply nor the money.

I would gladly send a copy of this 'gold mine' to anybody who's willing to contact me at [email protected].

Cheers, vladyz.

Vladyz
Alan, I'm not trying to be sarcastic but if you call Forex Confidante a gold mine then you'll like a kid trading for the rest of your life. This is a copy of my request to Tom Strigano after I've read through this so called course. I tried to be polite

I would gladly send a copy of this 'gold mine' to anybody who's willing to contact me at [email protected].

Cheers, vladyz.

I'll ignore your jibe, as I don't want to get into a slanging match over this. We're going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. I think it's a great book and there's a lot of very valuable information contained in it.

There's quite a few genuine traders on this site. They, seem to think it's pretty good too

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/

Sorry to hear that you didn't get a response, nor a refund

Hi,

I have an interview. at CFT financials' Montreal Branch run by Andy Priston.It is a futures prop firm with an elite group of traders. Full Story

They have a bout 25-30 traders.The thing is I haven't finished my degree , but I have nearly four years trading experience and knowledge.This has taken a toll on my academics and I have decided to put them on hold and go part time uni and full time trading.

I belive I got the interview based on my past trading experience;I gave a detailed report of me making 1000 % returns on a paper account in the forex market by trading shorting a basket of currencies after the credit crisis began .I have traded real accounts ,but I haven't shown it to them nor intend to do so as the account is under my father's name .Though, I will try to get proof that I trade the account.
I know so far the training can last upto a year, with a salary.There is a split and a basic after training , no draws. There are desk fees but they come after a certain period of time.

I have the interview in less than two weeks. I am confident than I can give an excellent interview,and I feel I have an edge as most c.v's without a degree don't get an interview anyways. I've prepared myself mentally to take the positon and transfer from university to professional life. I am very passionate about trading and dedicated alot of hours into trading.Now I might have to put my degree aside for a few years.

However, I am slightly worried if my not finishing my degree will hinder me getting the job? Should I put my degree aside to take thid position if I do get a job offer?I am only 21 and am ready to wait to finish it.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Hi There , i went to school with andy and am considering getting in touch with him to see if the same offer is available in the London office i have worked for tullett&toyko for 4 years and the old garban-i-cap for 2 years as well , could you let me know how you got on in your interview

cheers

alex