You May Wonder?

I like your association between abject poverty and low quality, low strength lager. It doesn't even numb the pain and tastes awful.
Sorry; No intention to demote Fosters as a brand. Nothing wrong with cheap, warm, disgusting, bad experience beer.

It is interesting how many people aren't willing to take trading as a business - its maybe because people see trading as a way to make money without having to be so structured and responsable; Everyone has the mindset of 'I'll get that software when i'm making money, i'll buy monitors when i'm making money';
Maybe its a responsability thing; Or maybe fear - Through commiting investments you are opening up the possibility of failure, or maybe it is doubt that they are good enough to make money anyway.
Or maybe its just a lack of money.

Commitment, responsability, funding, fear.

Trading probably is 90% psychological, i never used to believe this but now i would swear by it.

You trade the GDP annoucement today robster?

No, I came out yesterday at 1109.bit and have stayed out since. I figured that I would try and call a reversal if the GDP news forced buying up to last Monday's peak (a second test of the top - breakout, no chance) but it seems the news was stale and absorbed into yesterdays move from midnight through to 3pm.

I think if it breaks 1099.1 then it will go south back to 1082ish. If it breaks 1082ish then I think we're on a longer run south as it's broken the range.

e2a - it just did and I'm in.

No, I came out yesterday at 1109.bit and have stayed out since. I figured that I would try and call a reversal if the GDP news forced buying up to last Monday's peak (a second test of the top - breakout, no chance) but it seems the news was stale and absorbed into yesterdays move from midnight through to 3pm.

I think if it breaks 1099.1 then it will go south back to 1082ish. If it breaks 1082ish then I think we're on a longer run south as it's broken the range.

e2a - it just did and I'm in.
Good stuff.
Entry @ 1081.75 Or ?
Stop @ Or is that changeable?
Target right down to 1082 ?
1085.00 is my support.

Cool. Watch for weekly PP

One tick below that weekly pivot point and then the consumer data fired us up to the daily PP 7 points higher.

I'm short @ 1100.25 @ the daily pivot.

Also i've got strong Resistance @ 1102.00 thats been important since the 11th of November.

Look, if i posted a screen shot there would be some gambler with nicotine stained fingers shouting, "fake" "fake" as soon as it hit the screen.....i think we'll leave the screen shot for now.;)

Not possible Paul, if it's for real everyone would know. :) Unfortunately (for you) when you make a boast/claim like you did it often opens you up to doubt...when you ignore a reasonable request for a week or so ditto....which is a shame...

That was some volatility over the last 10 mins.

My [email protected] short
[email protected] if I think range is intact and reversal will kick in.

I've got a really simple strategy. Look at 1d charts and see if it's trending or rangebound. If trending, trade a breakout with a tight stop. If it's ranging, look for S&R and play reversals off them with looser stops.

I have a nagging concern that last Monday's high was never really tested again.......

Think the reason that consumer confidence fired price up so fast is because there was a rumour that it was worse than expected, so maybe there were short positions based on that who had to cover.

Btw i closed that short really early for 1 point because i had previously set my execution platform with an automatic target and forgot about it. Never mind.

I have a nagging concern that last Monday's high was never really tested again.......

Resistance @ 1110.75
Resistance @ 1092.00
Support @ 1095.00 (Coincides with weekly PP)
Support @ 1085.00

The hourly close high was tested though; usually good enough; But i percieved, based on the previous time we hit 1100.00 and then went range-bound that today would be choppy/rangey - So i'm surprised by the directional move lower.

Bid/Ask volume pretty equilibrium.

I trade off the 1h but I take my view from the 1d - I still think there will be a test of the high before it finally gives in and goes south for Christmas.

In the meantime, ride the range. I might leave this one open and see whether gravity takes effect as buyers dry up. S has turned into R at 1099.

Has this thread turned into Bobby & Glady's live E-mini calls?

I trade off the 1h but I take my view from the 1d - I still think there will be a test of the high before it finally gives in and goes south for Christmas.

In the meantime, ride the range. I might leave this one open and see whether gravity takes effect as buyers dry up. S has turned into R at 1099.

Has this thread turned into Bobby & Glady's live E-mini calls?
I've a limit @ 1098.00 to long.

Damn it. Not filled.

Cool; Yeah i just trade situations that i percieve are a high probability way of getting about 4 ticks... and usually am really active in changing my targets and exits while in a position. I basically wait until price isn't moving very directionally and then just try make a bit of noise :) Monitor context with a range of time-frame and tools, then just play the setups that suit it.

You plan to hold for the test of the previous high?

I'll look to short @ 1102.00 and 1101.50 (But with a limit below to ensure fill on touch of levels)
Short @ 1101.75 - Don't like that the pivot was closed above instantly on the 1-minute without resistance.

Last edited:
Not possible Paul, if it's for real everyone would know. :) Unfortunately (for you) when you make a boast/claim like you did it often opens you up to doubt...when you ignore a reasonable request for a week or so ditto....which is a shame...

Anyone can call themselves a trader, it's a free market. Anyone can call themselves a golfer, buy a bag of clubs and go hacking up the local fairways. I'll post a screen shot when i see there are some worthy traders on here, i don't play golf with fairway donkeys, and i don't show hopeless market gamblers screen shots.;)

Some people are born for trading, others are born to run trading chat forums, which one are you?

Some people are born for trading

yes because our basic instincts incorporated the need to trade securities over an exchange. We weren't born to reproduce; we were born to ensure liquidity in the financial markets.

Anyone can call themselves a trader, it's a free market. Anyone can call themselves a golfer, buy a bag of clubs and go hacking up the local fairways. I'll post a screen shot when i see there are some worthy traders on here, i don't play golf with fairway donkeys, and i don't show hopeless market gamblers screen shots.;)

Some people are born for trading, others are born to run trading chat forums, which one are you?

You just shouldn't have made the thread in the first place... If all you intended to do was to tell everyone they aren't really traders and that you made £70k.

No point posting a screenshot either.

So its a classic Lose:Lose situation.

' Hopeless ' is also just a really unappropriate word to use towards people that are working hard; When you are not going to offer any advice or help towards them achieving their goals. So not only do you now look a liar; but also a prick.

And i don't mean this in a insultive way; i'm giving you the chance to improve yourself through constructive criticism. Haha

Limit @ 1103.00 to long ESZ9
stop @ 1102.50
Target @ 1105.50
Damn boy.

Last edited:
I think everyone gets the point of what you're saying - trade to live and all that.

Sadly not all of us are adept at picking market bottoms to within a few hundred points!

' Hopeless ' is also just a really unappropriate word to use towards people that are working hard; When you are not going to offer any advice or help towards them achieving their goals. So not only do you now look a liar; but also a prick.

Says it all imho.