The Direction of Today's Footsie...

nkruger

Established member
Not sure if this will get beyond 2 replies or whether it will be of use to newbies hoping to earn some sheckles out of the market, but here goes anyway....

I thought it might be an idea if members posted their thoughts on their perception of the general direction of today's (or tomorrows) footy. It could help those apprentice spread~betters amongst us to have a leg up, and go on to refine whatever strategy they're working on at the minute.

Obviously today would've been a down morning (100wma on 3 and 10 min charts + indicators various told me that at 8:00am) but who knows once the yanks have go to work....

Yesterday was a good example of a downer as well.

Your thoughts Gentlemen (and ladies, of course)

Can be difficult to say for certain which direction for intraday trading as reversals are not uncommon

Can be difficult to say for certain which direction for intraday trading as reversals are not uncommon

I agree Ian, some days we wont have a clue, it'll just be individual's perception of what's going on.

And also, the trend for the morning can drastically change once the yanks have finnished breakfast & mosied into their offices..... :cry:

Guess only, if it dont fit dont trade

Not sure if this will get beyond 2 replies or whether it will be of use to newbies hoping to earn some sheckles out of the market, but here goes anyway....

I thought it might be an idea if members posted their thoughts on their perception of the general direction of today's (or tomorrows) footy. It could help those apprentice spread~betters amongst us to have a leg up, and go on to refine whatever strategy they're working on at the minute.

Obviously today would've been a down morning (100wma on 3 and 10 min charts + indicators various told me that at 8:00am) but who knows once the yanks have go to work....

Yesterday was a good example of a downer as well.

Your thoughts Gentlemen (and ladies, of course)

Hi nkruger

17/12/2007

Ftse to trade fast down (gap)

at 8:30am -9:00 am my guess is there will be a rally which I will trade looking to exit at the top of what I assume will be the open hours range

I Will be very quick to exit for Profit and be looking for RR 2:1

Move after 9am very importantant, if upward move maintained

ie: breach above open hours range I would re-enter on pullback in 3 min time frame / stop within 15 pts, probably well with in.

if down = under open hour range I would look to pick what I would assume will be the Low of the day in the 15/3 min time frame and be looking at levels

S1 @ 6347 cash
S2 @ 6298 cash
R1 @ 6436 cash
R2 @ 6475 cash

Fridays Low @ 6337 with S1 is my guess to the Low of the Day or hope, a nice V bottom would be nice, followed by a pulback of 30% and a strong move up to Fridays high @ 6426 with R1 close

If the US confirm later we would have in my judgement a 1st cont of trend (swing) at the breach of the high and price acceptance above that level, a test of the high the next day and a strong up move, ready to make an assault on the all time high after Christmas :p

Thats my Guess anyway, sorry if I missed anything out :LOL: :LOL:

Don"t foget its all an illusion anyway :eek:

so to re-cap

:arrowd: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowu: :arrowl: :arrowu: :arrowl: :arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowu: :cheesy: :p

I say I am trading but it will only be a paper lot or 3 if it pans out like the guess for the time being anyway :LOL:

well might sneek one lot on someware and try to run an indian into the New Year ;)

Late Post Update: volumes are P..ss poor at the moment so paper lots only :devilish:

:arrowu: Is a guess, its how I think not how I trade ;)

Thanks Ian, got there in the end, have a Kit Kat on me :D

Have a great Christmas and new year everyone

Split
Ian
FW
bBLWld :LOL: you no who:LOL:
Atilla = always :arrowd: :LOL:
tim
barjon
Td
Shortorlong
nine

arr any one I forgot, sorry

oh ye and grumpy Hoggums, blown my account = get out of it man :LOL: blown one, not blowin another one, might blow 1/2 :eek: but that will be it :LOL:

Have Fun

Andy

Attachments

• Santa rally.gif
    Santa rally.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,081
  • Alice.jpg
    Alice.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 970
  • sterling.jpg
    sterling.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Gaps in

Watching = gap in but under Friday low,

I am waiting for open hr range to form, not tempted to trade yet

Would want to see Fridays low re-captured before considering going long, which for Fibby fans is @ 6334 dec fut (50%)

Andy

Update @ 0917 ~ ftse given up open hr range and heading down for the moment =

All bets off the above post is complete pants and just goes to show

I NO NOTHING :LOL: which is the best position to adopt IMO when attempting to trade the markets

I am off for my breakfast and if it looks the same in an hour I am off out with the dogs down the beach :D

All have a good one and Ian you have it Post of the thread short and sweat as per usual

Andy

Last edited:
Have been Long for a bit 1 in at low of open hours range

pm ing so late and not a live call any way, and don"t really care :cheesy:

Reason = regained open hour range, sat just in and out of the money @ 13.5 Fut
Stop tested 25, removed hard stop for a nano second which could have cost me, decided to check price reaction at that level 87.5 for one 3 minute bar

See how it goes

Andy

Update

moved stop in 3.5 = loss - 10 if goes bad = just under open hours range last 15 min bar
looking for test on fridays Low @ 43 Fut, if that pans out :LOL: Pin would be forming in the day candles @ 50% line

Update Stop gone at -10, this is the hard bit

as I type I am watching index at that level , I have removed order (bad lad) and watching how price re-acts at that level, 15 min bar @945 just appeared and will exit at market if I do not like it MY DISCRETION

Last edited:
Gone at market -15

waited for reaction, see if 3 min bars rejected area of stop placement and re-gained the lower end of open hours range

Reaction negative = Gone
assume index heading lower and against swing trend which is still up I think :confused:

Gone to lick my scratch and put my Brunch on, will return later to find index laughing at me @ 43+ :devilish:

Andy

Last edited:
Don't think it's up, now, Andy. I lost 11 points this morning. I went long, but it was contratrend in hindsight.

Split

Think your right

Don't think it's up, now, Andy. I lost 11 points this morning. I went long, but it was contratrend in hindsight.

Split

Late good morning to you

Think this threads going to take the p...s out of us, should have known with the title

The Direction of todays Ftse = unknown =honest

I have traded in long again @ 99 Fut, this one will be choked pretty quick if goes wrong

Last one with the benefit of my brunch in me :D should have left Stop - 25 but well I am the Stop if at the screen so will have to stick with the weakness, has its benefits Hard stop would have gone 1st thing for 1 tick :eek: and that does me nut in to so can"t win.

I still have swing trend UP Split just depends how you do it, its a weak level under the change of trend signal @ 6467 cash

Hope you find a good one Split

Andy

Late good morning to you

Think this threads going to take the p...s out of us, should have known with the title

The Direction of todays Ftse = unknown =honest

I have traded in long again @ 99 Fut, this one will be choked pretty quick if goes wrong

Last one with the benefit of my brunch in me :D should have left Stop - 25 but well I am the Stop if at the screen so will have to stick with the weakness, has its benefits Hard stop would have gone 1st thing for 1 tick :eek: and that does me nut in to so can"t win.

I still have swing trend UP Split just depends how you do it, its a weak level under the change of trend signal @ 6467 cash

Hope you find a good one Split

Andy

Going to work in 30'. No more openers until tomorrow, but I would short right now if I had time. Stop loss at 6305

Split

Open hours range re-captured

AGAIN

got a trend line under 3 mins

15 and hr highs just about gone, and I am gone if trend line goes, sat in the money just @ +14

Ha Stop in to +10 just under the large 3 min bar at the foot of hours range and staying there, honest :cool: off for a shower and out on my bike to meet the Mrs when she finishs work, might get a pasty down the harbour, catch you tomorrow Split.

Hope to come back to a huge profit Split, I learnt that one of you a bit back

If stopped out -5 for day + deal costs 2 trades :devilish: :devilish: which serves me right for trying to improve on my Stop

Andy

Last edited:
Open hours range re-captured

AGAIN

got a trend line under 3 mins

15 and hr highs just about gone, and I am gone if trend line goes, sat in the money just @ +14

Ok, you win! I didn't trade that short, menos mal.

Split

That was Quick

Ok, you win! I didn't trade that short, menos mal.

Split

Trend line blown in the 3 min time frame, good as my word = GONE

out at arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr pos slip +10.5 =

- 4.5 +costs :devilish: (2 trades) on the day

its going up again, and its going without me this time :D

NOTE: all trades listed were real paper trades:confused: while I am running new platform in

The Rubbish I have posted on this thread is exactly how I think, then followed by how I trade intra day and it is behond my understanding how I make any money out of this game at all

arrrrrrrrrrrrrr I don"t its only paper trading and like the $ its worthless

Andy

Good Call

Going to work in 30'. No more openers until tomorrow, but I would short right now if I had time. Stop loss at 6305

Split

Hi Split

Good call Split at least some one was the right side, pointing in the correct intra day direction.

Un-like Some:eek:

Andy

Bottom fishing 1 on @ 85 (swing in looking to carry if it goes)

Update: 15:29

Scary Hard stop in to 68

Soft = the second I dont like it, faster than I can post thats for sure :cheesy:

Stop into -10 @15:38

Stop to BE, +1 for my broker whos the only F..ker making any money today :cheesy: bit quick but I hate Dow pm and clearly against Intra day trend so F..ck it in it goes. 15:56

Last edited:
spike into open hours range

moving stop in, booking some for me after next pull back in 3 min time frame if any left :LOL:

If it gives the range up again thats me for today thats very bad IMO its already bad but that would be very bad

Update:

Stop into + 21 @ 16:04

F..ck the pullback its in and thats it

Andy

16:08 pull back here :eek: hope in play Stops fixed

Gone @ 306 16:12 + 21 - com

Last edited:
EOD damage report

EOD

-15 +10.5 + 20.5 = +16 less costs 3 trades

= + 12.5 pts clear I think, thats what I thought :idea: , these brokers are on a good Scr..w

But no disconnection"s yet :D

last trade is rare one for me, stick to Am ftse only usually, thought I noticed some value, but you no what thought did Andy

Reasons well see rubbish post on what you think might happen next. looking for fast move up and possible swing 1st cont of trend, if not would have booked profit on what turned out to be a - 15 pt trade this morning. A trade I should never have let run back into my money once up I think by + 16 at one stage

Last trade - No carry/stay overnight - because = not enough good reasons to IMO

Require at least + 100 by the end of day, possibly a bit less :LOL:

Close to the ftse close, see earlier loss -15 pts, like to keep the book straight if I can.

Will update later with my very accurate guess to Ftse direction tomorrow :eek: if its better than todays, there is still hope for a Christmas hamper

Just noticed the index bounced off open hours range again = think that wise bird Split is sat the right side but keeping it to himself ;) might come in from work to find himself well in the money if he got his Stop placement correct :?:

Andy

Guess of the Day

Notice Sbs are approx @ + S1 229 cash 59/60 ish last peep with 1/2 hr to Dow close, not a huge mark down at all IMO :idea:

Observant chap like me noticed the Dows had a bad day, but perhaps not that bad :?:

Lucky for me working proper in the late morning :cry:

Swing trend which is my Short term trend even Intra day is still up, I concede it is in a very sick state and below the change of trend signal = BEWARE & BE QUICK

I will stick with Longs, if I don"t like Long chances early on tomorrow (before 10:30) I will pass

Areas I would be interested in below, I have a feeling ftse might be quick of the mark and print its Low before I have time for coffee & toast, but will see.

Low of today @ 269 Dec Fut
S1 @ 249
S2 @ 222

Split sure to be the right side so will keep eye on that excellent forward indicator if he decides to show up :p

The Indicators best call is NO BRAINER if that signal is given tomorrow, then under those circumstances I would if facing the wrong way at the time Reverse my position instantly :LOL: :LOL:

The above is complete rubbish and should be treated as such, just my thoughts while watching the Dow close and enter pivot points up, and wait for my lad to tell Dad what film we are watching tonight.

Andy

Totally unconnected, a random thought while looking at watch list = Friends Provident are bumping along around £1.50 and appear to have found some support around that area, think from memory on forward earnings of about 3 :eek: :LOL: :LOL: could be a slow motion Long play for those that don"t care for intraday ups and downs :cheesy:

Last edited:
Up

I think direction is Up today

So will stick with my very loose plan,

Supporting evidence = morning tea was first class = feel good = UP DAY for sure :LOL:

Andy