Wot happened next?

Since I've deleted my posts, further confusion -- such as frugi's -- would be avoided if those posts which quote mine were also deleted.

And, for what it's worth, my posts had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with "volume spread analysis".

Last edited by a moderator:
Slapshot said:
Quick reply during half time Barjon.

There's been three attempts to break north and a rising trend line. I'd wait to see which one breaks before making a move. I'm inclined to side with going north though when you look at the rising Support lines.

Do tell
the high in the middle of the chart with the volu spike was not exceded by the second high with the volume spike and the third high on the right has no volume so i would go with the m probability ammo

Charlton said:
DBphoenix

I am intrigued by what you are saying,because perhaps wrongly or because I have not analysed your postings suffiiciently in the past, I assumed that you advocated a very definite correlation between price, price spread, volume and the actions of professionals, the herd, strong and weak players.

Are you saying that large volume does not indicate the activity of the professionals ? And does volume not indicate whether it is weak or strong players behind the price action ?

I can understand that volume follows price when the herd follows, but not for professionals.

Or are your comments limited to the period just after breakout ?

Charlton

When I was communicating with Db, I understood him to mean that volume activity indicated an interest in the share, with a possible price movement., but that it was not an indication of the direction of that price. His technique is to watch volume activity developing, not look at it afterwards and try to forecast. I understood him to mean that looking at daily price bars was studying the action after the grass had grown.

If, as he suggested earlier in this thread, price activity comes before volume then I cannot see the use of it. However, each to his own.

Split

tzuntzu,

I like your quote- but I'm not sure that it's always profitable :(

I believe that volume is like believing in The Almighty- you do or you don't. I believe in the former, but not the latter. However, I have an enquiring mind and may get converted.

Split

dbphoenix said:
The purpose of the posts was to help clarify the relationship between price action and trading activity, not to launch a flamefest.
More specifically, to clarify your current take on the relationship. A take, which I might add, is quite at odds with your previously stated position in relation to Price and Volume (and of course you're entitled to change your mind).

No flameset was launched. Just an understandable response to your sudden and rather angular re-launch.

TheBramble said:
More specifically, to clarify your current take on the relationship. A take, which I might add, is quite at odds with your previously stated position in relation to Price and Volume (and of course you're entitled to change your mind).

No flameset was launched. Just an understandable response to your sudden and rather angular re-launch.

There's been no change in my "take". Volume is trading activity. Always has been. But many people view volume as an indicator, apart from the trading activity itself. This generates even further separation from the trading action. I've always encouraged beginners to look at price action and "volume" in terms of trader behavior.

As for the flames, you must have missed ratsystem's contribution, marcus's agreement with it, et al, none of which had anything to do with the content of my posts, though with all the re-editing that has taken place, anyone coming late to the party may understandably be confused, which is why I deleted my posts and suggested that anything having to do with them be deleted as well -- including this one -- so that jon can get on with his thread.

I'll continue to work with those who are genuinely interested in this, at least those who are interested enough to open journals. But there's no point in my going on about it with people who couldn't care less.

lol.

lads - stop the press - everything works some of the time!

perhaps someone could enlighten me - do mr marcus and socrates have a similar approach to speculation? from the little i know of what each has said about their methods, there do seem similarities - but i probably dont have enough info to draw conclusions. not that it matters, just curious.

ps. welcome back soccy. this place has been like a ghost town since youve been away.

SOCRATES said:
.....:rolleyes: .....
[font=Times New Roman, Times Roman, Serif]“Well! I’ve often seen a cat without a grin,” thought Alice; “but a grin without a cat! It’s the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!”[/font]​

Charlton said:
[font=Times New Roman, Times Roman, Serif]“Well! I’ve often seen a cat without a grin,” thought Alice; “but a grin without a cat! It’s the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!”[/font]​

trying to put the cat amongst the pigeons again? :D

spx and djia charts

barjon said:
Just for fun since the board's are a bit quiet :cheesy:

Here's an instrument that has been steadily rising for some time. It appears to have made a double top and the latest action is some 15 bar consolidation within the boundaries of the long candle of the second high.

Do you favour a move north or south? And how would you trade it assuming it moves in the direction you favour and/or you are inclined to wait and see?

good trading

jon
sorry to get off the subject but could you give me your opinion on the dow and s@p500 charts.

if you connect the october and june lows on both charts fridays move touched ther i want to be long for short term foolish with mideast violence?

Reply what happens next....The ultimate future

That's all what you have to know ; the future.(the future of this chart in question.)
How to achive that?
If you cannot become a Shao Lin Master then:
Live alone having little distructions.
Practice your faith.
Practice your hand (finger) / eye cordination,
for several years (factory work, etc.computer
work dos not count since it is not time/second
damage responsible.)
Exercise speed: if someone wake you up in the night,
showing the chart you have to come up with answer in 20 seconds.
At this level of exelence, God will open your eyes and you will see clearly
the future of the chart or price or your life.
With this I said everything.