Worldspreads

I'm trying 02072919180.. but not getting a tone... is someone able to contact them on the UK number?

Its finally up after more than an hour of downtime.. what a bunch of w@nkers!
We're you able to find out what happened?

Since Marvin packed up WS has become quite aloof...

Also: Anyone know whatever happened to their platform upgrade of 2 years ago, its still sad for eod traders..

We're you able to find out what happened?

Since Marvin packed up WS has become quite aloof...

Also: Anyone know whatever happened to their platform upgrade of 2 years ago, its still sad for eod traders..

I'm not waiting to find out. Had enough sh1t !

ODL here I come!

I'm not waiting to find out. Had enough sh1t !

ODL here I come!

yeah, their starting to look like it for SB for now..

anyone know what the heck is going on with fin's? I moved their, what a mistake.. looking at CS right now but may end up @ odl right behind you..

don't even bother using worldspreads..... i signed up for a demo and was trading for a couple of days and was successful 9/10 times but when i opened a live account and and started trading a after a couple of good trades it just started refferring me to the dealer and kept throwing messages such as "being processed" and "your order has been sent for approval" which completely threw me out and ended up losing because of these things. when i called them they denied everything i said and also i quote "your connection may be slow" and "we approve exactly how we receive from the system". what a load of ****. i knew i was sitting on a winning position and all of a sudden it was referred when i tried to close and i lost everything.... ignore it and use a real platform....!!! it's upto u whether to take my advice or not, they're a bunch of crooks.

I like worldspreads platform but had to leave because it would freeze up often, can't trade with confidence. Dealer are very rude.

007gizmo

I have to come across anybody who used a demo platform and moved to to real cash and won. I used their platform and know a very successful trader who uses them and does not have the problem you had. When I left I took a 70% profit on my pot in a few months, as above because of platform freeze ups. Never requoted or reffered, you must of been unlucky.

Actually I find IG index trader support extremely rude!

There are couple who speak in such a high/ arrogant tone it does my head in.

<< They need to fix a lot more than that, I think!
Hi Jack, care to elaborate?, I haven't used them in sometime and was thinking of giving them a try again when there new whizzbang platform is released. >>

Apart from the inability to set a limit/SL on entry, the minimum stop distance is too wide, the windows don't update at the same time and the platform is generally slow. You also have to phone to withdraw funds, in the unlikely event of making a profit.
Apart from that, it's fantastic.

<< They need to fix a lot more than that, I think!
Hi Jack, care to elaborate?, I haven't used them in sometime and was thinking of giving them a try again when there new whizzbang platform is released. >>

Apart from the inability to set a limit/SL on entry, the minimum stop distance is too wide, the windows don't update at the same time and the platform is generally slow. You also have to phone to withdraw funds, in the unlikely event of making a profit.
Apart from that, it's fantastic.

Hi Jack, Thanks for posting.

Yes I had forgotten about the whole funding/de-funding thing I remember being on the phone for two days with a gentleman who used to post here quite regularly, he did his best. I was also with fin's back then and it was even worst, still missing 200 quid from a withdrawal, so I thought this was the norm.

Its really quite sad after all this time "the windows don't update at the same time" whats the point of that?, they always did seam a day late and a pound short from when I first applied, but theirs something about them I did like and when I think of it I'll post a follow up. They must be the last of the old-style SB setups.

As for "the minimum stop distance is too wide", that's my issue with IG SB as well. Also IG have never given me "warm fuzzes" when dealing with them on any issue. No bad experiences to-date though.

Since its been shown that if SB is your only income only the Capital Gains portion of your winnings are tax free and your still labile to the income tax man for any income one actually made, I'm looking more and more at CFD's no spreads, just commissions, why put up with the whole spread issue?

mar..

Last edited:
Re: Worldspreads-Updated platform and Charts

FINALLY WS has gotten themselves a real trading platform. After waiting 3 years I'm going to give it a go.

Hopefully all the other problems have been sorted, well one can only hope.

Attachments

• worldspreads.JPG
    worldspreads.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:
Be careful with their MUCH higher overnight carry forward charges.
e.g
for £10/point short in DAX would cost you £10, while with other s/b it would be £1.71.
for £10/point short in EURUSD would cost you £10, while with others s/b it would be £6.88.

Well Tradefair is now £1.02 per £1 staked on short EUR/USD since its recent increase (it doubled), and when I mentioned the increase on here, people seemed to think this was about normal for the industry, so maybe WS is not that far out?

correction-
£10 long in euro/$ would cost you £8.74, with other s/b, it is £4.58
(for £10/point short in EURUSD would cost you £10, while with others s/b it would be £6.88.)

Re: Worldspreads
Be careful with their MUCH higher overnight carry forward charges.
e.g
for £10/point short in DAX would cost you £10, while with other s/b it would be £1.71.
for £10/point short in EURUSD would cost you £10, while with others s/b it would be £6.88.

OK, I've read all 7 pages of this forum. I is now the 5th of July 2010. Do all of these issues with WorldSpreads still exist? More than half of what I've seen people complain about on this thread should be illegal. "May be I'm naive."

OK, I've read all 7 pages of this forum. I is now the 5th of July 2010. Do all of these issues with WorldSpreads still exist? More than half of what I've seen people complain about on this thread should be illegal. "May be I'm naive."

Can you tell us what you think is illegal? It's our money and they provide the prices on their platform at which they are prepared to do a deal, so I can't see your point here.

Anyway, last time i used this outfit I kept getting message 'Bet referred to Dealer' and it took 10-20 seconds to confirm the deal ticket.

Can you tell us what you think is illegal? It's our money and they provide the prices on their platform at which they are prepared to do a deal, so I can't see your point here.

Anyway, last time i used this outfit I kept getting message 'Bet referred to Dealer' and it took 10-20 seconds to confirm the deal ticket.

Yes, you can usually finish the Times crossword while waiting for WoollySpread's platform.

Well you could have read the last 7 pages of complaints like I did or look at your own comments above.

A ten to twenty second delay wouldn't bother me too much, however that is not what they advertise. The Machines should handle it.
Was that an abnormally high bet?

I don't understand how any company can get away with interfering with a successful client. And if you read the last 7 pages that's mainly what you'll see the complaints are about.