Worldspreads

recently got a flyer from them (and a free pen!) saying that new accounts will have the first £400 of losses refunded if you mess up within the first 8 weeks or so.

thats better than the £250 that got me in.

how can they afford this?

as noted by others, they seem not as slick as other SB companies.

EDIT: to cover yourselves in the event of dealer interventions and slow feeds, and down-times, best to have multiple accounts. (doesnt stop you getting smacked occasionally, but at least you have alternatives at the ready)

Laptop is quite right. However you trade once you make money(£10k+) you are on dealer intervention and that is it. I took £1k to £10k since the new year and have been put on dealer intervention so have left. Also not that you cannot enter a stop until the deal has gone through which is dangerous. Having said that their price feed does make it all quite easy.

Good luck.

You will experience the same thing at say, Capital Spreads.
Winners are quickly identified. First they will throw a spanner in the works to stop you winning. If that doesnt work, then they will either slow you down to a halt or eventually close your account.

You will experience the same thing at say, Capital Spreads.
Winners are quickly identified. First they will throw a spanner in the works to stop you winning. If that doesnt work, then they will either slow you down to a halt or eventually close your account.

Anybody here reporting these problems with WS, CS, Fins End-Of-Day Trading? Or is this a daytrading and intra-daytrading problem?

I'm trying the demo...

can anyone say whether it's best to use FTSE rolling cash, or rolling future ?

I'm trying the demo...

can anyone say whether it's best to use FTSE rolling cash, or rolling future ?
When I traded with Worldspreads (one year ago) I used the FTSE rollling cash, it did reflect the movement of the real future.

So one has to ask: what's wrong with them that you don't now?
WS changed my trading status from instant execution to dealer referral. It was not to my taste, so I had to move on. Whether they have the same policy today I cannot tell.

hi is there anyone that still uses worldspreads out there

I've been waiting on the promised trading platform upgrade for almost 2 years now, won't go near them until they get that fixed..

They came so close.. Oh well..

Anyone hear from WorldSpreads anymore?,

Tried calling but no-one knows anything,,

They were suppose to upgrade their platform back in May this year, its now the start of July..

Kinda miss Marvin...

BDD_tumbleweed_head_perfectuk.jpg

THE END

Looks like WorldSpreads has done some sort of upgrade.

Still no control of the orders though, maybe that's next.

Any regular WS DayTraders have any comments??

they have done upgrade. but trading is about the same, seems slow and not suitable for fast markets. I use it for position trading: wake up sell the indices, place a stop and let it run till 9, then I close..no problem doing that. they have been fair to me