WorldSpreads

dcarrigan said:
think w s are saying punters are taken there prices then arbing with another sb company to make it a no lose situation. never tried myself.
Thax, don't really understand how that would work, but thanx anyways.

roguetrader said:
Thax, don't really understand how that would work, but thanx anyways.
Even if one could Arb with slower prices, one would still need to get the direction correct on the market unless you buy and sell another for 1 or 2 pips in hand. but you have to sell them exact the same time when getting out, there is a lot of room for error with this approach.especially with spreadbetting.

Yesterday I made 9 trade with all my bets on dealer referred and still made 8 wins with 1 loss. but today I had a few more losses, why is this you may ask? because,I have to wait up to 30,sec to get a fill... :devilish:

laptop1 said:
Even if one could Arb with slower prices, one would still need to get the direction correct on the market unless you buy and sell another for 1 or 2 pips in hand. but you have to sell them exact the same time when getting out, there is a lot of room for error with this approach.especially with spreadbetting.
No I kinda see what the theory is, though it doesn't seem to fit the technique as I understand arb. The idea being to buy XYZ in one market and simultaneously sell it in another market because there is a price discrepancy between the two markets, in other words, the price is wrong in one market, doesn't really matter which one, when price corrects in whichever market, ie XYZ has the same price, then both positions are closed and the original difference is profit. This would however not seem to be the case since the difference in price between the spreadbet quote is not a discrepency, but intentional and therefore will not correct. That would be how I'd see it anyways.

I dunno but it seems to me from reading thru this thread that with all the money lost from slow entries and exits, and possibly trades not taken as you would now be in a chasing position due to delay and requote, you guys would find it cheaper just to pay the tax. I know its certainly re-enforced my view tha SB is not for me.

laptop1 said:
Yesterday I made 9 trade with all my bets on dealer referred and still made 8 wins with 1 loss. but today I had a few more losses, why is this you may ask? because,I have to wait up to 30,sec to get a fill... :devilish:
I'd give it up (WS) if I was you laptop1...

roguetrader

I have now stopped trading with them, I doubled my account with them in a very short time. this is why they are making it hard for me.

chrisw

I have given up with them. I am now back trading direct access trading EURUSD Futures but I am looking in to, opening an account with capitalPro using Currenex trading platform, however there is a choice; they offer to access to a variety of other trading platforms including LavaFX, HotSpotFXi and EBS Prime.but they told me over the phone currenex seems the best bet....we see

roguetrader said:
No I kinda see what the theory is, though it doesn't seem to fit the technique as I understand arb. The idea being to buy XYZ in one market and simultaneously sell it in another market because there is a price discrepancy between the two markets, in other words, the price is wrong in one market, doesn't really matter which one, when price corrects in whichever market, ie XYZ has the same price, then both positions are closed and the original difference is profit. This would however not seem to be the case since the difference in price between the spreadbet quote is not a discrepency, but intentional and therefore will not correct. That would be how I'd see it anyways.

Even if it did 'correct', you would have to pay the spreads when closing which would probably negate any arb profit made.

roguetrader

I have now stopped trading with them, I doubled my account with them in a very short time. this is why they are making it hard for me.
Seems like a wise move under the circumstances mate.

they asked me what price source I have, for goodness sake, I have a couple of very old computers a 1 meg connection in the sticks in the middle of Devon and I am lucky to get broadband at all my ISP says! could I be a systems trader?
Perhaps a new marketing campaign in the offing......."Come trade with us, we have really slow antiquated data feeds. You're bound to kick our ass. :D

laptop1 said:
I agree. The "System Trader" excuse is just sour grapes by WS. They just can't stand losing.

BTW - I just tried a £1 on USDJPY and had to wait for the price to be "referred to dealer" :LOL:
Gotta laugh really.
Up until yesterday, anything under £10 was filled automatically.
Can't be beacuse the "market is moving" as it's flat as witch's t*t at he moment.

laptop1 said:
roguetrader
Good onya laptop! The only way to make crap companies improve their performance is to vote with your feet (or more like your money in this case). I'm going to go FuturesBetting.com as they seem to have a real system and a business model that does not care if you win or lose with them, therefore you should not get any of this faffing around if you win.

roguetrader said:
Perhaps a new marketing campaign in the offing......."Come trade with us, we have really slow antiquated data feeds. You're bound to kick our ass. :D
Their add campaing should have the small print.
"WS would only like spreadbetters who consistently lose to sign up for an account. If you are a winner, then please go elsewhere". :LOL:

ClaphamTrader said:
Their add campaing should have the small print.
"WS would only like spreadbetters who consistently lose to sign up for an account. If you are a winner, then please go elsewhere". :LOL:
It’s not just WS…all the sb firms’ software is DESIGNED for you to be so disadvantaged that over time you will lose. To stand a chance you’ve got to be DMA.

I'm looking for a SB company; having only previously bet binaries, I guess I'm coming to this relatively fresh but just from the threads on T2W I've decided on Capital and on avoiding WS like the plague.

I'm adding this post merely to reinforce to the WS guy that posting in a way that comes across as slippery and obfuscatious is going to have a serious effect on the opinions of the many new and lurking forumites beyond the few you are in active cozy banter with on this thread.

Phil Mibbutz said:
Assuming you're still on automatic trades, is WS's platform working reliably now?
Phil,
If the question was for me, then almost all my trades have been referred to from this morning. Even the £1 ones, but as to the reliability of the WS platform I can't say I've had any issues with it over the past 2 weeks since I joined.
The problem is when WS dealers decide to manually intervene in the quotes to slow the process down, but that's not a s/w or platform issue.

Call me cynical, but I suspect if a client is making losses then they will be happy for that client to trade automatically as quickly and as often as they can.

CT