WorldSpreads

swissgold said:
I'll stop talking about fb/twf. Is there anything else that can be added to this discussion?
Yes, what is the point of 1pip spread when one can't trade it. In my case I was on 2 and 3 pip spread at W/S and they still didn't want my business

laptop1 said:
Yes, what is the point of 1pip spread when one can't trade it. In my case I was on 2 and 3 pip spread at W/S and they still didn't want my business

Listen let's wait for marvin to come back and have an open discussion with him. If it doesn't get sorted, then we'll know what's going on here, o'right? Is fxmarkets still around?

swissgold said:
Listen let's wait for marvin to come back and have an open discussion with him. If it doesn't get sorted, then we'll know what's going on here, o'right? Is fxmarkets still around?
Yes it be interesting to see what Marvin got to say on me being stopped from trading on line. As for fxmarkets I don't think he works weekends :cheesy:

observing swissy... :)
laptop doin a bit of power analysis..... No doubt Marv's beating off the Ladyboys... or not..

Last edited:
Where is Grasshopper. ?

laptop1 said:
Yes it be interesting to see what Marvin got to say on me being stopped from trading on line. As for fxmarkets I don't think he works weekends :cheesy:

Interesting to see what spin Big Kev would put on events....... "the art of heavy weight corporate BS" Rug and Sweeping exercise seems the usual.... still they might have a moment, I mean marvs in the east..... could come back more grasshoppered up than David Carridene off the Kung Fu series, but then we say is that good for the business ?

So heres the choice of attitude maybe of worldspreads to look out for.

Grasshopper

or

The Phantom Raspberry Blower Of Old London Town

lets keep em peeled.
Fx.

fxmarkets said:
observing swissy... :)
laptop doin a bit of power analysis..... No doubt Marv's beating off the Ladyboys... or not..

It's really weird that laptop has been reinstated by marvin, just to be sacked again by somebody else a few days later, while marvin himself is on a business trip. Truly grotesque

swissgold said:
It's really weird that laptop has been reinstated by marvin, just to be sacked again by somebody else a few days later, while marvin himself is on a business trip. Truly grotesque

yes and no, I mean we could view it as a quick brush over job, but inflated dealing pips for some customers when boasting of a 1 pip spread, does not make good reading, pr or anything just results in another negative experience and association of client to firm , maybe others will have to rely on HOPE that they do not get the same.....

we have to querie still suitability of product/service being promoted.... to joe public we'll just have to see how this comapny develops,

will it flourish or will the people flush it.

these guys should take note from gt247 right Marv.? ;)

Why Spread Trade with Global Trader?

Global Trader offers the fastest, most responsive spread trading platform in the world.
Designed and built by our in-house trading and technology teams, Global Trader's spread trading platform has given our clients the tools and functionality that the best traders have demanded since 2000.

• Speed - traders need speed.
Our stand alone trading application delivers a true speed advantage over browser based platforms.

• No interference - Trade without dealer distortion.
Our clients want to trade the market price, not a price that we might want you to see. The Global Trader spread price has no dealer intervention, enabling our clients to know they are trading the market.

now whoever has been involved in this company recognises the need for speed minus fat fingers at some point. very cool ideology.

counter_violent said:
Does anyone use Global Trader ......feedback would be good ....

C V

Global Trader offers some of the tightest futures spreads available in the UK:
FTSE and DAX 3.5-4 points; Wall St 7-8 points; Currencies 5-6 points

little more info here.. bit dated though ehh.. still instant dealing awareness/ idea was is cool.

http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/Global-trader-247.html

fatter spreads though... perhaps thats how they mananged a better instant ehh? I dunno you have to look at these things and think maybe.

truth will out on these companies slowly.. fat spreads instant dealing, 1 pip jack off.

Still no sign of Intergalatic spreads yet.... :p

Last edited:
Marvin: We have developed our technology in order to provide our clients with the most transparency and to ensure all our services are available online.

Our Trading interface is unique in that we do not dealer vet transactions. It means the speed of execution is extremely fast and can be compared to many institutional futures trading systems. So you do not have to wait around for the price confirmation, which can be 30 seconds or more on some of the other systems.

lol how wrong, If you offer extremely fast trading which you said can be compared with many institutional futures trading systems. why have you stopped me trading on line with you although I pay a wider spread than anyone else, that was the deal we made when you put back on Auto trading, through being banned the first time.

You also said in you statement you don't have to wait around for 30 seconds like other systems around. What a laugh when, I was put on referred to dealer and had to wait between 20 and 50 seconds to be filled. I say again Marvin will you post the trade where one of you staff said I was only in a trade 2 sec. Let me tell you most of my trades was between 1 and 4 mins.....it boils down to this I was winning money thats why I was only allowed to trade no more than 10 pound a point, and you know I wanted to trade 25 quid a point....

laptop1 said:
Marvin: We have developed our technology in order to provide our clients with the most transparency and to ensure all our services are available online.

Our Trading interface is unique in that we do not dealer vet transactions. It means the speed of execution is extremely fast and can be compared to many institutional futures trading systems. So you do not have to wait around for the price confirmation, which can be 30 seconds or more on some of the other systems.

lol how wrong, If you offer extremely fast trading which you said can be compared with many institutional futures trading systems. why have you stopped me trading on line with you although I pay a wider spread than anyone else, that was the deal we made when you put back on Auto trading, through being banned the first time.

You also said in you statement you don't have to wait around for 30 seconds like other systems around. What a laugh when, I was put on referred to dealer and had to wait between 20 and 50 seconds to be filled. I say again Marvin will you post the trade where one of you staff said I was only in a trade 2 sec. Let me tell you most of my trades was between 1 and 4 mins.....it boils down to this I was winning money thats why I was only allowed to trade no more than 10 pound a point, and you know I wanted to trade 25 quid a point....
carnt see the problem only been in trade 2 seconds . must mean that all there money is made from your trading(or in your case losses) and not from the spread or the more you trade the more they would make. maybe worth looking at fb now have ninji trader software. i trade with them myself, my only gripe is spread on dow 4. unless you trade 250 lots a month. Had 50 odd round trips in one but still put my spread up to 4. if you trade a lot you may get good deal. think it would be better than this lot.

Hi dcarrigan

I have used ninja, I now use IQ Platform with my current broker and can trade up to

400 r/t a week My grief is will WS, they offered 1 pip to bring in clients, but as soon as

you win, you are put on referred to dealer. Looks like I be back to good old direct access

monday. Another thing they said I was taken advantage of they slow feed and that I must

have faster feed than them self's, well didn't they know forex spot market has no physical

location or central exchange where you will find one broker showing a different price

from another,..To me WS are just making an excuse to stop me trading with them

As they said to jesse, in the Bucket shops back in the 1920s, we don't want you

business in here sir, move along. although I'm no jesse. But I feel like, the way

W.S is treating me :cheesy:

laptop1 said:
Hi dcarrigan

I have used ninja, I now use IQ Platform with my current broker and can trade up to

400 r/t a week My grief is will WS, they offered 1 pip to bring in clients, but as soon as

you win, you are put on referred to dealer. Looks like I be back to good old direct access

monday. Another thing they said I was taken advantage of they slow feed and that I must

have faster feed than them self's, well didn't they know forex spot market has no physical

location or central exchange where you will find one broker showing a different price

from another,..To me WS are just making an excuse to stop me trading with them

As they said to jesse, in the Bucket shops back in the 1920s, we don't want you

business in here sir, move along. although I'm no jesse. But I feel like, the way

W.S is treating me :cheesy:
i agree laptop carnt see you getting anywhere with marvin. think hr will have to put this behind him. a total disaster in public relations. saves me the hassle.

Another thing they said I was taken advantage of they slow feed and that I must

have faster feed than them self's,

ROFLMAO! apart from the distress and annoyance this must be causing some of you, and to those I appologize for finding this funny. But I have to wonder wtf, a company setting itself up to be the best thing since sliced bread, the cutting edge, give us your dollars we're the mutt's nuts, oh erm....we may have a slower feed than Joe Bloggs working out of his home office.
Are these guys for real. As discussed earlier in this thread, I definitely would be referring these people to the FSA, and any other regulatory body that has jurisdiction over them.

Just to update you

As you guys know I'm on referred to dealer, To cut the story short, I thought I give it a go on referred to dealer trading and I made 9 trades within an hour, I had 8 wins and 1 loss, so it goes to show I am not taking advantage of my fast speed PC or their slow prices.

I called them up to say, look I am still making money on referred to dealer. but I would like to dealer to be quicker on putting my trades through, they said they will try to get me faster.fills.I made this on 0ver 10sec fills

Anyway another chapter of my trading with worldspreads.I keep you posted

Last edited:
laptop1 said:
Just to update you

As you guys know I'm on referred to dealer, To cut the story short, I thought I give it a go on referred to dealer trading and I made 9 trades within an hour, I had 8 wins and 1 loss, so it goes to show I am not taking advantage of my fast speed PC or their slow prices.

I called them up to say, look I am still making money on referred to dealer. but I would like to dealer to be quicker on putting my trades through, they said they will try to get me faster.fills.I made this on 0ver 10sec fills

Anyway another chapter of my trading with worldspreads.I keep you posted

They love you and you'll stay on their books for a very long time. Happy trading

CMC spreadbet have been offering a 2-pip spot EUR/USD spread also, for the past few weeks now, with no plans to revert back to 3-pips. This shows that when one company lowers the proverbial limbo bar, the competition must make efforts in the same direction, or face losing custom.

Perhaps the answer is to trade CMC's 2-pip spread between 0700-0800, and 1600-2100?? (once WS have reverted back to 3-pips)

Last edited: