WorldSpreads

The WS EUR/USD quote seems a lot less reactive/more stable than the CMC EUR/USD quote. While CMC's price can be flashing backwards and forth, WS' seems to remain static. I guess this is due to from what data source quotes are derived.

However, my tradestation charts quotes (from GAIN capital) are the main issue, as i trade based on the charts, not my brokers price.

The ideal scenario of having synchronisation between the chart and your brokers tradeable prices, is another reason why futuresbetting/twowayfutures might be the best bet (exchange based CME futures forex), although for me this is not vital.

Last edited:
jtrader

I’ve been talking to the guys at futuresbetting about something to do with a different T2W thread today, but I just saw your post and as part of the conversation I was having with them, they were saying that through their new interface you can get tradestation price feeds for spot currencies which then automatically map into the futures.

laptop1 said:
Just to update you

As you guys know I'm on referred to dealer, To cut the story short, I thought I give it a go on referred to dealer trading and I made 9 trades within an hour, I had 8 wins and 1 loss, so it goes to show I am not taking advantage of my fast speed PC or their slow prices.

I called them up to say, look I am still making money on referred to dealer. but I would like to dealer to be quicker on putting my trades through, they said they will try to get me faster.fills.I made this on 0ver 10sec fills

Anyway another chapter of my trading with worldspreads.I keep you posted

What do they do if their quote (on the PC screen) changes during that 10 seconds waiting for the fill on the phone ? Do they give you the original price or requote you a worse price ?

gc1 said:
What do they do if their quote (on the PC screen) changes during that 10 seconds waiting for the fill on the phone ? Do they give you the original price or requote you a worse price ?
I get the price about 40% of the time, on one trade I was long at 19 went to get out at 19 for a break-even trade, but waited for 15 ses, the market was moving in this time, the price I ended up with was 6 pips lower so in affect, I was paying 6 pip spread to get out of that trade.

I was testing it on low stake 3 quid a point per se what the fills are like. I give it another go tomorrow, I let you know.

Bruno - I’ve been talking to the guys at futuresbetting about something to do with a different T2W thread today, but I just saw your post and as part of the conversation I was having with them, they were saying that through their new interface you can get tradestation price feeds for spot currencies which then automatically map into the futures.

Hi Bruno

I would just use my tradestation charts with the CME Globex datafeed, if trading Euro FX with futuresbetting.
What exactly do you mean in the sentance that i have highlighted??

Cheers.

Last edited:
jtrader said:
CMC spreadbet have been offering a 2-pip spot EUR/USD spread also, for the past few weeks now, with no plans to revert back to 3-pips. This shows that when one company lowers the proverbial limbo bar, the competition must make efforts in the same direction, or face losing custom.

Perhaps the answer is to trade CMC's 2-pip spread between 0700-0800, and 1600-2100?? (once WS have reverted back to 3-pips)

IG Index has also been doing 2-pip spreads on EUR/USD for a few weeks now - and you can trade 24-hours with them on the same 2-pips.
I'm trading with both WS and IG at the moment and finding the WS slow response and referals to dealer a big annoyance. Anything below £10/point seems to go through quickly untill you make a few winning trades and then your feed seems to slow down or the dealer steps in! Funny that! :rolleyes:

Having read through this thread I think I'll be taking my business to futuresbetting.com or twowayfutures.com. I can't be bothered hanging around until WS sort the speed of their feed out.
CT

ClaphamTrader said:
IG Index has also been doing 2-pip spreads on EUR/USD for a few weeks now - and you can trade 24-hours with them on the same 2-pips.
I'm trading with both WS and IG at the moment and finding the WS slow response and referals to dealer a big annoyance. Anything below £10/point seems to go through quickly untill you make a few winning trades and then your feed seems to slow down or the dealer steps in! Funny that! :rolleyes:

Having read through this thread I think I'll be taking my business to futuresbetting.com or twowayfutures.com. I can't be bothered hanging around until WS sort the speed of their feed out.
CT
Hi Clapham Trader

Few! I thought I was the only one having trouble. glad to see someone else is in the same boat. They wont let me trade with any money £0.00 on Auto trading loll.

I am on dealer referred all the time. and the waitttttttttttttttt is awful I'm waiting from 15 to 50sec

There is now 2 members in the club called Referred to dealer anymore out there!!!!

Referred to dealer club :cheesy:

1,laptop1 thats me ;)
2,Clapham Trader
3.?
4,?
5,?

Last edited:
Laptop; presumably all they do is wait to see which way the market goes, then let you open if it's to their advantage, reject/requote if not?

laptop1 said:

1,laptop1 thats me ;)
2,Clapham Trader
3.?
4,?
5,?
I guess WS only put clients in this club if they are making a profit off them. ;)

Laptop - I don't see why you are putting up with 3-pip spreads and all that messing about if you can go to IG and get the same or better spreads, instant fills and 24-hour trading?
I find the whole excuse of clients having faster price feeds than them pretty poor! Either they're a professional outfit or not. The former would not be coming up with lame excuses like that. What are their systems off? - a Reuters price-feed starter pack.

Phil Mibbutz said:
Laptop; presumably all they do is wait to see which way the market goes, then let you open if it's to their advantage, reject/requote if not?
I guess that would work for punters who do not compare their prices against another source. Personally I have 3 quotes on the screen at any time (IG, Alpari & WS). It's not that I what Marvin calls a "System Trader", it's just that I want to ensure I get a fair price on entry.

laptop1... still the same for me

they asked me what price source I have, for goodness sake, I have a couple of very old computers a 1 meg connection in the sticks in the middle of Devon and I am lucky to get broadband at all my ISP says! could I be a systems trader?

ClaphamTrader said:
I guess WS only put clients in this club if they are making a profit off them. ;)

Laptop - I don't see why you are putting up with 3-pip spreads and all that messing about if you can go to IG and get the same or better spreads, instant fills and 24-hour trading?
I find the whole excuse of clients having faster price feeds than them pretty poor! Either they're a professional outfit or not. The former would not be coming up with lame excuses like that. What are their systems off? - a Reuters price-feed starter pack.
I was put on referred to dealer after a few days, I said this is not fair, done a deal with Mav he said I can go back on Auto trading, but I must pay a little more spread.

Anyway, I agreed to it, but just after 1 day they put me back on referred to dealer, although I was paying 2 and 3 pip spread.

Basically if you win, you will be put on hold that's what it looks like to me.

Racer said:

they asked me what price source I have, for goodness sake, I have a couple of very old computers a 1 meg connection in the sticks in the middle of Devon and I am lucky to get broadband at all my ISP says! could I be a systems trader?

Racer

They asked me the same lol. I will put you in the Referred to dealer club

Update

1,laptop1 that's me ;)
2,Clapham Trader
3,Racer
4,?
5,?

Racer said:

I have the distinct feeling that, unless you are being referred to dealer, you are potentially a 'systems trader' and your account will be monitored to confirm this. If you start making money, then, yes, you are definitely a 'systems trader' (how else could you possibly win, right?) and you can expect all your subsequent trades to be referred to dealer.

Sort of like that statement made by someone some years ago stating that 'all men are potential rapists'.

MarvinS said:
C_V - 100% with you on those comments....
We are starting to get big volume traders on the various markets off the 1 pip spreads. The only way we can piggy back is if clients trade in the LOT sizes of the underlying markets. FTSE lot size is £10 DAX 25 Euro Dow$5. Alot of the traders have started off testing the speed of quotes back by doing smaller stakes.
Thanks for the feedback and sorry for my slow responses but i am sorting out my trip to the Far East. I will definately be on and have downloaded some of the other comments to discuss.

Regards
MarvinS
plenty of questions for you to answer now marvin. have you a life boat for your sinking ship?.

jtrader said:
Hi Bruno

I would just use my tradestation charts with the CME Globex datafeed, if trading Euro FX with futuresbetting.
What exactly do you mean in the sentance that i have highlighted??

Cheers.
Jtrader

I asked them to write it down in an email and this is what I got back:

As I was saying on the phone, we now have 2 new API, NinjaTrader http://www.futuresbetting.com/ninjatrading.php and Scalper Systems http://www.futuresbetting.com/scalper.php , both of which interface with TradeStation and your chosen price feed. Any signals generated will be sent to our back-end and executed versus the underlying market price with our spread attached, as a spread bet.

Ninja would be perhaps be more suitable if mostly manual trading were to be combined with a bit of mechanical trading, and conversely Scalper if it were to be mostly mechanical, whether that be discretionary or fully automated.

Scalper also allows for cross mapping; a feed from one product generates a buy/sell signal in another. An example could be FTSE cash feed generating a signal in the LIFFE FTSE 100 future, or spot Euro/USD generating a signal in the CME EuroFX future. It goes without saying that a feed for say the CBOT mini Dow generating signals to be executed in the same market can be done too. Programming and strategy assistance, support and 3rd party providers are also available through this interface.

roguetrader said:
Could someone be so kind to define what exactly a "sysems trader" is? Thank you
think w s are saying punters are taken there prices then arbing with another sb company to make it a no lose situation. never tried myself.

Thanks Bruno

I was thinking the comments must be related to the API in some way......