Worldcup !

We're on tonite eh against Down Under !!

Should be 5-0 at least to Germany.

I like the way Germany play ..... it's a European style with all the skill that England lack.

Last 4 team as usual with a real chance to win as always.

Bad sport! She would have made Terry fail, too!

Yes, but more importantly Green would have refused to be a part of the England squad ( a la Wayne Bridge whose missus Terry really did shag )and that error would not have happened.

Unless of course, Calamity James was between the posts.

Then who knows ???

Thanks mate, glad you like em.

Fun, isn't it, the whole thing.

:D

Funny thing is I'm not even a football fan and don't watch national stuff at all, but this international spectacle, that's different, what with all this great atmosphere when you're outside wtogether with huge amounts of people, all watching it together, public viewing, it's absolutely great !!!

fussball.jpg

public-viewing.jpg

112909_bild.jpg

21918339.jpg

public_viewing_wm.jpg

EM_2008_public_viewing_Renchen_FS__Large_.jpg

985700356-10551058_517.9.jpg

Strandbar_PublicViewing_01.jpg

Fanmeile_ddp_Nigel_Treblin.jpg

82092.978x1304xin.jpeg

Public-viewing-WM-06-Stuttgart.jpg

We always go to some places where there is bar next to bar and where they have screens on the outside terraces.

Really really fun !!!

(And we don't wave flags lol !!!)

:LOL:

Should be 5-0 at least to Germany.

I like the way Germany play ..... it's a European style with all the skill that England lack.

Last 4 team as usual with a real chance to win as always.

Oh I dunno mate, I think you have one of the best teams around. (That goal last night was just bad luck, that kinda thing can happen any time !!!)

Think we're under some bad luck also, Ballack injured, who apparently was some kinda secret weapon, etc...

We'll see.

I think Ballack is past his sell by date.....Chelsea are shipping him out too.

Oh yes you're right, I heard that too !

Really too bad with Beckham too, must be a real tragedy for him having to watch from the sidelines.

Think his wife was pushing him to do too much, and his body rebelled eh.

Everyone needs some rest and recuperation don't they.

Oh I dunno mate, I think you have one of the best teams around. (That goal last night was just bad luck, that kinda thing can happen any time !!!)

Think we're under some bad luck also, Ballack injured, who apparently was some kinda secret weapon, etc...

We'll see.

A bit of mutual backslapping going on here, I think.:clap:

Spain's going to get this!

My understanding is that many of the starting world cup goal keepers, including USA's Tim Howard, play in England, so why is it that England is the only team without a goal keeper?

Peter

My understanding is that many of the starting world cup goal keepers, including USA's Tim Howard, play in England, so why is it that England is the only team without a goal keeper?

Peter

Capello is asking the same question. :D

With the beer-bellies that the Brits are getting, these days, they should be able to stop a ball easily.

A bit of mutual backslapping going on here, I think.:clap:

Spain's going to get this!

:D:D:D

Hmm too bad, won't be able to update the thread for a bit, we're moving to Hamburg in two months, and off there from tomorrow till wednesday night apartment hunting !!!

Peter

Sure don't want to be in his shoes right now !!!

Can't even begin to imagine what the, err, usually quite creative ahem UK tabloids are making out of him right now poor guy.

But that was really just terribly bad luck and could have happened to anybody.

Besides, maybe not the worst thing to happen at the beginning, usually helps everyone to sharpen up and refocus.

I think our players always need a bit of an initial wake-up call too I've heard !!!

Might be gettin that tonight then eh.

:LOL:

Peter

Strange animals goalies and I speak as a father of an academy quality goalie. IMHO Capello should have sorted our Paul Robinson's head, fantastic goalie. Big Sam at Blackburn thinks Capello is nuts for not taking him under his wing and fostering his ability and confidence..I'd have to agree, stunningly good goalie..Jo Hart is superb too..

Howard and Reina are 2 of the best 4 on the planet atm...

WRT last night England were v. good IMO, no danger getting out of the group and pushing onto the later stages..however, taking Ledley King out there was madness, not having, or nurturing a midfielder to do a Mascherano in front of the back four likewise and if (when) Gerrard and or Rooney pull up due to inevitable over use injuries it's over...

:D:D:D

Hmm too bad, won't be able to update the thread for a bit, we're moving to Hamburg in two months, and off there from tomorrow till wednesday night apartment hunting !!!

just make sure it's close the the Alter See !!!
Freezing in winter, but stunning location year round !!

I'm a veteran. I was in Hamburg 1959 when the Manchester United had that disaster in Munich.

I was taught how to use a duvet. Never seen one in my life before! The hotel owner thought that an English breakfast was a basket full of hardboiled eggs. "How can you English haf a breakfast of that?" he said. :D
I persuaded him that the next day I wanted to eat like the locals, please!

It was so foggy in Munich and the picture on tv was so murky that I could not see anything. The owner kept repeating "Manchester United" to me. I didn't get the message for a long time that there had been a serious crash.

I can imagine that Hamburg has changed in the last 50 years!

I have almost zero interest in footy these days, but we were in RSA in March for a family wedding, and the excited anticipation of the locals (of all races) was palpable. So to be polite we had to pretend to know a little about it, and I was furiously texting back to my son to find out, e.g. who is the England captain, etc... :)

They all love English league soccer apparently, as their own (they say) is cr@p.

I'm also an oldish codger, and watched the 1966 match (only on telly unfortunately) along with everyone else at that time. It was better than sex (not that I'd experienced much sex at that period in my life :) ). 1970 unfortunately was a disaster, and I didn't take much notice of football after that (plus I was getting a bit better at chasing girls by then :) ).

In spite of knowing next to nothing, I suppose I will watch a few games, especially of course, if England do OK.

I hope SA do well. The poor sods (the majority) don't have much else going for them I'm afraid.

I hope SA do well. The poor sods (the majority) don't have much else going for them I'm afraid.

This is the *bit* of the coverage and the world cup as a whole that really pi55es me off tbh, "ah look at the poor, in their makeshift huts with a blanket for a tv screen watching footy for the first time...bless..." The crime there is off the scale, they're top of those leagues by a long way and I just don't get the "this world cup will help the image and help people believe etc"...bo11ox, it won't change a thing for 'the poor' other than leave them with a healthy hole in their already tattered finances...

Those horns are getting on my nerves but I just know that if the corps. have their way; Pepsi, Coke, Gillette, IBM etc... they'll get rid if it's proved punters are being put off watching telly and the adverts...sad...I hope they get to keep 'em and blow their lungs out...

Watching bits of the opening ceremony was also truly sad, it was a really *poor* effort, made even worse by media luvvies attempting to explain it away suggesting it was earthy and even better for not having the military precision of China or Germany...in reality it was at 1960's levels as is most of the surrounding infrastructure, but what can you expect given what they have to work with?...To see so many empty seats at the ceremony and a couple of the matches was gut wrenching and a bit disturbing...couldn't the tickets have simply been given away to kids?

I hope they (the indigenuos folk) have a good world cup and enjoy the carnival and that the headache and financial hangover and the "wft was that all about" feeling doesn't leave bitterness...

I'm a veteran. I was in Hamburg 1959 when the Manchester United had that disaster in Munich.

I was taught how to use a duvet. Never seen one in my life before! The hotel owner thought that an English breakfast was a basket full of hardboiled eggs. "How can you English haf a breakfast of that?" he said. :D
I persuaded him that the next day I wanted to eat like the locals, please!

It was so foggy in Munich and the picture on tv was so murky that I could not see anything. The owner kept repeating "Manchester United" to me. I didn't get the message for a long time that there had been a serious crash.

I can imagine that Hamburg has changed in the last 50 years!

Haha :LOL:

And re change, Hope so !!!

:D

Just been out, off again now, streets already totally crowded, one huge party.

:)