Worldcup !

I was in Trafalgar Square yesterday, mid-dayish, and there was one large group of flag-bedraped , red-shirted Spanish fans, right next to another group of flag-bedecked, orange-shirted Dutch fans. In a very good natured way, they were taking it in turns to out-do each other with chanted slogans, songs and little dances. And yes, the Dutch were eating waffles (couldn't see if spread with "mouse-droppings" or not). All good fun.

Hope the good feeling lasted beyond the end of the game.

The last World Cup we hosted in Berlin in 2006 and this one have really achieved way more in integrating people from different cultural backgrounds over here than probably the politics of the last 5 odd decades, so that has really been an incredible value added of a lasting nature !

This time around identifying with our team and country for all the people living here was even easier because of the migration background of quite a few of our national players.

Jogi our trainer really is quite a magician pushing a lot of right buttons.

Anyway, last pic installment here from me now for the World Cup 2010, celebrations and jubilations in Olé Espana, Split, last night must have been absolutely brilliant :)

image-109943-galleryV9-ftkx.jpg

image-110289-galleryV9-tysd.jpg

image-110035-galleryV9-gqka.jpg

image-110034-galleryV9-pcnb.jpg

image-110032-galleryV9-idfj.jpg

image-110029-galleryV9-tsmo.jpg

image-110033-galleryV9-pgwp.jpg

image-110027-galleryV9-tqoj.jpg

image-110023-galleryV9-hrsl.jpg

image-110024-galleryV9-jalu.jpg

image-110025-galleryV9-mfdb.jpg

Respectfully paying homage to Paul who made it all possible:

image-110022-galleryV9-bvwm.jpg

Pretty senoritas:

image-110026-galleryV9-ylny.jpg

Been a fantastic month of great good spirits, amazing public parties, and incredible positive energy and fun between total strangers.

Right that's it from me here now, off to rejoin my wife in Helsinki for a fortnight on wednesday, then we're back for a bit, and then our move to Hamburg just 1.5 months down the road.

Take care all, and thanks for the great fun we had on here too for this entire month of the World Cup !

Good tournament

Lots of fun by lots of people

well hosted thread by Markus

Thanks all round

Must get back to work

:)