Why do people lose money on the market?

in2uxs said:
It would seem Brother Socrates that some in here are showing a damn right lack of respect. It is obvious that they simply resent such greatness in a single person. You must therefore rejoice, brother, in their envy towards you.
I do not rejoice at anyone's envy. I do not gloat at anyone's misfortune either.

I cannot and I will not.

Because if I do, then I damage myself, not them.

As a trader, I cannot afford to damage myself in this way.

If I were to allow myself to succumb to such base sentiments I would impair the clarity with which I am able to percieve market action, and hence upset my trading.

That occasionally I will engage in banter is a separate thing, but rejoice in their envy of me, no, they are to be pitied, not laughed at.

SOCRATES said:
I do not rejoice at anyone's envy. I do not gloat at anyone's misfortune either.

I cannot and I will not.

Because if I do, then I damage myself, not them.

As a trader, I cannot afford to damage myself in this way.

If I were to allow myself to succumb to such base sentiments I would impair the clarity with which I am able to percieve market action, and hence upset my trading.

That occasionally I will engage in banter is a separate thing, but rejoice in their envy of me, no, they are to be pitied, not laughed at.

Bizarraddi is transparently and pitifully another multi nick plaguing these boards of late.

Once somebody has been banned is it not possible to keep it that way?

rols said:
Bizarraddi is transparently and pitifully another multi nick plaguing these boards of late.

Once somebody has been banned is it not possible to keep it that way?
Yes, I am fully aware and I agree with you.

The point I am making is one should not succumb to the malicious and destructive intent of some posters because it is very detrimental to mindstate, which must be kept pure, to be able to deal quickly with delicate tactical decisions that have to be made often under conditions of uncertainty.

The game itself is more important than choosing to stuggle with dunces that plague these boards, and therefore the game, for want of a better word, always takes priority.

SOCRATES said:
Yes, I am fully aware and I agree with you.

The point I am making is one should not succumb to the malicious and destructive intent of some posters because it is very detrimental to mindstate, which must be kept pure, to be able to deal quickly with delicate tactical decisions that have to be made often under conditions of uncertainty.

The game itself is more important than choosing to stuggle with dunces that plague these boards, and therefore the game, for want of a better word, always takes priority.

So getting back to the title of this thread.

Why did you lose over £4m (according to one of yr own posts sometime ago) in the market? I have asked you this already and you chose to ignore it. But surely as likely the biggest loser on this board, you may have some insight to share?

bizzarrdi said:

Why did you lose over £4m (according to one of yr own posts sometime ago) in the market? I have asked you this already and you chose to ignore it. But surely as likely the biggest loser on this board, you may have some insight to share?
Where am I supposed to have said I lost £4,000,000 ?

:LOL:

bizzarrdi said:

£4,000,000 :eek:

Losing 4m is as easy as losing £4. The game remains the same it is just the amount started with that differs. In short one loses money by adopting the following stratagy.

one invests here -> \
ooooiooooooooooo \
ooooiiooooooooooo \
oooiiioooooooooooo \
ooooiiiiooooooooooo \
oooooiiiiioooooooooo \ :eek:
oooooooooiiiiiioooooo \
ooooooooooiiiiiiiooooo \
ooooooooooooooiiiiiiiio \
iiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooo \
ooooiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooo \
ooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiooooooo \
iiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooo \
oooooiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooo \
oooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooo \
ooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooo \
oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooo \ :eek: :eek:
oooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooo \
oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooo \
oooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooo \
oooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooo \
and sells here --------------------->\

Way to go brother!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this thread has run its course or not, but is has degenerated into personal tit for tat. Anyone object if I set about cleaning it up?

barjon said:
I'm not sure if this thread has run its course or not, but is has degenerated into personal tit for tat. Anyone object if I set about cleaning it up?

Please put it out of its misery. Would be the kindest thing.

SOCRATES said:
Where am I supposed to have said I lost £4,000,000 ?

:LOL:

Ahh- you see, although you happily post edit your posts, there are search engines that if properly used will throw up an old cache of something you have said, before you edited it. Along side that, you said it had nearly cost you your health, your marriage etc. So how come?

No, please Barjon, don't do anything.

I am waiting for an answer.

My reply to that answer, whatever it may be, will be very instructive and beneficial to all members and guests, I promise. Furthermore it will be incisively on topic.

Personal tit for tats raises interesting psychological debates, and as such must not be ignored.

If they are ignored it is the same as ignoring the voice of self sabotage itself!

A person who starts titting and tatting is highlighting their own defects surely just as much as some sticking a grand on the ftse and using fingers crossed technology in the hope it goes up.

The question all tit for tatters must answer is why get personal in the first place? Is it due to investing inadequacies, and if so is this a reason why they - and others - keep losing money on the markets?

You see this post is delightfully on topic too. :)

Last edited:
bizzarrdi said:
Ahh- you see, although you happily post edit your posts, there are search engines that if properly used will throw up an old cache of something you have said, before you edited it. Along side that, you said it had nearly cost you your health, your marriage etc. So how come?
Ok, this is very simple.

I will explain it as simply as I can so that you will understand, and if you do not understand I will just explain it again, OK ?

You take a small bore rifle shooting club as an example, OK ?

This club will have many members.

All these members will have different levels of natural ability and they will all practice shooting, each with different levels of persistence and determination.

They will aspire in generatl to be able to fire the weapon competently and to compete with each other and perhaps one or two at county level, OK ?

Now in this club there is a rifleman who is different to the rest.

He is not content with just competing with his peers and being competent and attaining county level.....this rifleman wants much more.

He is a a dedicated sportsman....an obsessive perfectionist....a compulsive practiser...deeply self critical of his own performance...highly self motivated....and devoted to the pursuit of excellence...

This rifleman sets himself apart from the rest.

He is prepared to practice relentlessly.

Whereas the others will fire several hundred rounds in a week he is prepared to fire several hundreds of thousand rounds every day. Ultimately....MILLIONS OF ROUNDS will be fired before he attains his goal.

His objective is to obtain a bullseye on every shot.

He is determined to shoot to Olympic Level and not County Level.

In the course of developing this awesome ability he fires tens of thousands of rounds.

This continuous firing is TURNOVER of rounds.

That is what I mentioned, TURNOVER and not LOSSES.

I explained that it wasn't until I had done my first 23,000 trades that I began to realy make the headway I had set myself, by being able to replicate, on command, at will and not idly hitting the target or not hitting it.

Are you capable of understanding that ?

If you are not you should not even consider trading, you should consider something easier that does not require effort, self motivation, self governance of the highest order, persistence, and the pursuit of excellence.

SOCRATES said:
Ok, this is very simple.

I will explain it as simply as I can so that you will understand, and if you do not understand I will just explain it again, OK ?

You take a small bore rifle shooting club as an example, OK ?

This club will have many members.

All these members will have different levels of natural ability and they will all practice shooting, each with different levels of persistence and determination.

They will aspire in generatl to be able to fire the weapon competently and to compete with each other and perhaps one or two at county level, OK ?

Now in this club there is a rifleman who is different to the rest.

He is not content with just competing with his peers and being competent and attaining county level.....this rifleman wants much more.

He is a a dedicated sportsman....an obsessive perfectionist....a compulsive practiser...deeply self critical of his own performance...highly self motivated....and devoted to the pursuit of excellence...

This rifleman sets himself apart from the rest.

He is prepared to practice relentlessly.

Whereas the others will fire several hundred rounds in a week he is prepared to fire several thousand rounds every day.

His objective is to obtain a bullseye on every shot.

He is determined to shoot to Olympic Level and not County Level.

In the course of developing this awesome ability he fires tens of thousands of rounds.

This continuous firing is TURNOVER of rounds.

That is what I mentioned, TURNOVER and not LOSSES.

I explained that it wasn't until I had done my first 23,000 trades that I began to realy make the headway I had set myself, by being able to replicate, on command, at will and not idly hitting the target or not hitting it.

Are you capable of understanding that ?

If you are not you should not even consider trading, you should consider something easier that does not require effort, self motivation, self governance of the highest order, persistence, and the pursuit of excellence.

typically patronising, and I note not a denial.

BTW- whatever happened to yr request to the mods to detroy all your posts...never happened did it?

bizzarrdi said:
typically patronising, and I note not a denial.

BTW- whatever happened to yr request to the mods to detroy all your posts...never happened did it?
No I am not patronising.

I explain things very clearly and simply.

But even if I do you do not seem to understand what it is I am explaining.

Therefore you must be an intellectual pygmy compared to all of us.

This is your fault and not ours.

Again, it is that simple.....:LOL:

SOCRATES said:
No I am not patronising.

I explain things very clearly and simply.

But even if I do you do not seem to understand what it is I am explaining.

Therefore you must be an intellectual pygmy compared to all of us.

This is your fault and not ours.

Again, it is that simple.....:LOL:

I understand exactly what you are saying. assuming what you write is true (and that is a big assumption let's face it), you are saying that over the course of learning to trade you lost over £4m over the course of your first 23k or so trades. No what of the question I asked you?

And why, having called me fat, do you now call me an 'intellectual pygmy'? You seem to me at least to be unable to de-personalise the questions being asked of you. I would add, that's a very bad trait for a trader, assuming you are a trader, but is perhaps a very good trait for a coach.

I'm not taking the side of any poster here but, really, Socrates, how can anyone expect to take the kind of trash you write seriously? I come on here, between trades, to see if I can read anything worth while. Intelligent traders, at this time of day, want to read some informative posts and haven't the time to decypher what you are trying to tell us.

Moderators, please put us out of our misery.

Split

bizzarrdi said:
I understand exactly what you are saying. assuming what you write is true (and that is a big assumption let's face it), you are saying that over the course of learning to trade you lost over £4m over the course of your first 23k or so trades. No what of the question I asked you?

And why, having called me fat, do you now call me an 'intellectual pygmy'? You seem to me at least to be unable to de-personalise the questions being asked of you. I would add, that's a very bad trait for a trader, assuming you are a trader, but is perhaps a very good trait for a coach.
Well you must be intellectually challenged if something is patiently explained to you very clearly but you still do not seem to grasp the idea. I can only but try and from then on, it is up to you, or do you now expect me to be you for you as well ?:cheesy:

By the way, I have finished and am now free for the rest of the day so I have all day to enjoy myself pointing out to the facts of life, as I consider you gravely need to be properly enlightened.

Splitlink said:
I'm not taking the side of any poster here but, really, Socrates, how can anyone expect to take the kind of trash you write seriously? I come on here, between trades, to see if I can read anything worth while. Intelligent traders, at this time of day, want to read some informative posts and haven't the time to decypher what you are trying to tell us.

Moderators, please put us out of our misery.

Split
It is not trash but it does hit you hard where you can least sustain it, at the very centre of your own EGO.

Give up your ego and you will succeed.

Retain your ego and you will be forever doomed.

You misinterpret anything that is said to you as well because you view it as an affront to your own inflated misconceptions.

This is what this thread is all about.

You obviously need strong medicine, and I am the one to give it, because I can,

And all of this is not being delivered to you through ego, it is delivered to you through truth, and dropped on you from a great height, which you also seem to resent.:cheesy: ...and I make no apologies for that.

Now thats ironic, it is you with the EGO socrates, it pervades evrything you say. You are now'dumping from a great height', in previous posts you have been a 'fully armed buclear submarine' You sound a bit like Walter Mitty!

You personalise your attacks on me (fat/intellectual pygmy), even without knowing me. This is a very bad trait for a trader (assuming you are a trader), but is probably not a bad trait for a coach/trainer (which you are).

Why don't you give a straight answer to the very straight questions I have asked you?