Why are you a trader ?

im a trader coz i wont work for anyone, and i love money, and nothing else gives me the same pleasure as trading work wise

you scottish then

nah, ulsterman, but i think there's a wee bit of scottish somewhere in the family on my dad's side, but we don't like to talk about it .....

there's also french hugeneot, which is ok, but somehow, somewhere down the line, paternal-grandmother-side, we're also descended from one of the most Papist familes ever - De Guise :-(

oh, the shame, the shame .........

I am a complete mongrel, but in amongst it all am 1/4 scots, so in theory I am supposed to be able to wear Robertson, but as I was born in London and have never actually lived in Scotland (despit visiting it on several occasions - fantastic place mostly), I think that would be a bit odd myself.

tell that to Rod Stewart !!!!

I am 100% Pict, which is fine by me. On rugby tours everywhere you go people visibly dislike the English, but tell them you're Scottish and it's smiles all round. Most of the world likes the Irish too, with Ireland itself perhaps the only exception...

The Robertsons claim to be descended from Crinan, Lord of Atholl, from whom sprang the royal house of Duncan I, the King of the Scots. The Robertson clan is more properly called “Clan Donnachaidh” from their ancestor Duncan, who was a staunch supporter of Robert the Bruce, and who led the Clan at the Battle of Bannockburn.

you sound like a wee rebel ...

Attachments

• robertson-htg-mod-200.jpg
    robertson-htg-mod-200.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 393
I am a complete mongrel, but in amongst it all am 1/4 scots, so in theory I am supposed to be able to wear Robertson, but as I was born in London and have never actually lived in Scotland (despit visiting it on several occasions - fantastic place mostly), I think that would be a bit odd myself.

Our family has the Robertson clan tartan too, co-incidentally. (y) Both my parents are scots though I was born in England.

hi guys, you implied that being a trader requires intelligence, well i dont really consider myself intelligent, definetly not enough to obtain a job earning what i do through trading, but i love the markets, it doesnt feel like work at all to me and i pay myself handsomly :) i think trading is about discipline and understanding and adaptation, it's certainly not related to my IQ... just wanted to give my $0.02 :) all the best...

hi guys, you implied that being a trader requires intelligence, well i dont really consider myself intelligent, definetly not enough to obtain a job earning what i do through trading, but i love the markets, it doesnt feel like work at all to me and i pay myself handsomly :) i think trading is about discipline and understanding and adaptation, it's certainly not related to my IQ... just wanted to give my $0.02 :) all the best...

I guess I meant 'smarts' rather than intelligence in the academic sense. Understanding and adaptation, as you put it requires intelligence in my view. Perhaps not the same intelligence that people who are good at exams possess, but nonetheless its a skillset that most people don't have.