Picking a book ? How do you take the leap of faith ?

I agree that systems, tricks, patterns and edges don't move markets, but neither does volume.

What moves markets essentially is net liquidity demand, and this can be broken down further into liquidity effects, inventory effects and information effects in my opinion.

I'm going to PM you something.

Have a nice day!

Absolutely, have a nice day, i look forward to reading you later.

I never said that systems, tricks, patterns and 'edges' move markets. I just wanted to illustrate my point :)

What moves markets essentially is net liquidity demand

I agree more with this last statement, but that isn't the thread's topic.
-----------------------

Anyway, let's use Paul71's example. Let's agree for a second that is volume what moves the markets.

My original point is: When do you want to enter in the market?

A jiffy before the great volume occurs: innovators
When the volume is newly started: early adopters
When the volume is at its middle point: early majority
When the volume is decaying: late majority
A few days after that: laggards

I never said that systems, tricks, patterns and 'edges' move markets. I just wanted to illustrate my point :)

-----------------------

Anyway, let's use Paul71's example. Let's agree for a second that is volume what moves the markets.

Good post. I'm suprised nobody has taken this and post No.20 (virtuos0) further, it's interesting material. IMHO.

-----------------------

Did Malcolm Gladwell reference it correctly?

Last edited:
I agree that systems, tricks, patterns and edges don't move markets, but neither does volume.

What moves markets essentially is net liquidity demand, and this can be broken down further into liquidity effects, inventory effects and information effects in my opinion.

I'm going to PM you something.

Have a nice day!

Virtuos0,

Thanks for the PM, will speak soon.;)

Paul.

The accolade of the all time worst book ever goes to 'The Trading Rule That Can Make You Rich' by Edward D. Dobson, published by Traders Press.
Tim.

:LOL: I bought this in a job-lot once. Flicked through it, decided it looked like garbage and listed it on Amazon. Some chump bought it off me for about double what I paid for it! He kept emailing me through Amazon asking me if I'd got it working and if it was good.
I might be wrong, but I think the entire book was about 50% Fib. Is that right?

There are exceptions of course, but generally in a hands-on subjects like say flying planes, successful heart surgery or making money trading, I'd usually prefer going with guys writing about, or being written about, that have walked the talk.

;)

If I had to recommend only one trading book for a sojourn on an isolated island it'd be this:

714TGBWK0DL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.gif

Amazon.com: Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

Guy started out with absolutely nothing and went on to turn that into what in todays money would be a Billion US$.

Ok, he went bankrupt a couple of times on the way, but that doesn't detract from the generic truisms in his book nor his incredible successes, including his several come-back-kid returns from no-mans-land.

As for his eventual suicide in I believe his sixties, well, the fact that he also suffered from severe depressions probably wasn't only not particularly conducive to great consistency and discipline in trading, nor unfortunately to longevity.

good post markus

a free one for thread followers :)

Attachments

• Reminiscences_of_a_Stock_Operator_Jesse_Livermore.pdf
    502.2 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: BSD

Have a nice day!

What moves markets essentially is net liquidity demand, and this can be broken down further in price effects, probalility effects and concentration effects
in my opinion.

Have a nice day!