Who's looking to Short GOLD???

To be derisory and negative, and to fade your trades in the real market. :LOL:

LOL montmorency, that's why he's so sour...he's fading your often repeated view that Gold's going up ;)

Sell some more Barryb...right here at $1020...come on...it's soooooo overvalued....there's no way it's going to the all time high...

so your not buying at these levels either ?

I'm out of Gold now as we trade into the all time high here. As I've said since the thread began, Gold to me was a no brainer to $1032. Where it's going now I don't know. I don't know or care too much about the fundamentals. I'll wait and see what it does and react accordingly. Good trading to everyone :)

1035 now!, I was tempted to get involved at some point, but its not really a market I study! I still have nightmares of my oil shorting adventures of 2008

1035 now!, I was tempted to get involved at some point, but its not really a market I study! I still have nightmares of my oil shorting adventures of 2008

lol ffsear...if you snooze, you lose ;)

But don't worry about Gold.

USD/JPY is the one to watch now.

I been long gold for years. Actually must be some ancient posts on this forum discussing it. I am not getting out any time soon. All I see now is growing confirmation of its undervalued nature in a collapsing US environment.
Articles like this making the mainstream are quite helpful.
The demise of the dollar - Business News, Business - The Independent

If I recall TWI you were stating the same view when gold was just trying to break out of 640 range...

Top advice and shame I didn't stick with it all the way... (y)

Hi Atilla! yes, it has been easy to ride it as an unleveraged position sat in a vault, certainly easier than fiddling about trying to trade in and out of the trend with leveraged financial products.

Haha....You realise however that on a back adjusted basis gold was around 1000$ in 1982? (in 1980 it was even up above $1600) If you have been scale down buying since then you are certainly a hero now but it took until 2001 for the market to find a base.
The great thing about gold, as Faber says, is that it weighs the same every month.

whilst we may congratulate ourselves on the rise of the shiny stuff (with me it's only physical; pandas, krugs & sovs.) it signals doom...much doom...lots of doom...

whilst we may congratulate ourselves on the rise of the shiny stuff (with me it's only physical; pandas, krugs & sovs.) it signals doom...much doom...lots of doom...

ABSOLUTELY!!!

No body knows what the fruit cake is going on but what ever is cooking in the kitchen smells bad.

We are in the cusp of a new era in uncertain times. Hence, gold is rising.

I think it is poetic justice that US wages war to defend the dollar v Iraq and loses it in the process.

The US is considering withdrawing from Afghanistan too. Case of more troops or get out. But just as one can't fight on an empty stomach, one can't go to war with an empty war chest...

We are also looking at a potential Israeli attack againts Iran by the end of the year. You will not hear it in the news when it comes but see it in the flight of oil and gold.

I feel this is why Iran recently conceded to some inspections of its nuclear sites - as they have taken the Israeli threat very seriously this time round. They are playing a very clever game...

Governments virtually sinking with debt and dawning on all paying back the sums a tall order. I doubt their resolve. Inflation is the only cure...

Finally, with respect to the news I think whilst a basket of Asian currencies is old news the Middle Eastern countries participating and ditching the US$ is new news. That's got to hurt old friendship ties... Kuwait and Saudi Arabia know their dwindling reserves maybe worth much less than they anticipate in the last 30 years of production if that???

Gold has a long way. Next key target when 1050 gets taken out is still 1250 imo.taken

Change can also be seen as something positive. The process of major change is always painful and consideration of the short term consequences is without doubt frightening but throughout history, despite the rise and fall of empires, we have continued to progress and we, as individuals, can prosper in any environment if we play our cards right. The only risks to worry about are the pointless ones because we can do very little to control these. So long as you control what you can, have integrity and think ahead I see there is little to worry about...well..apart from a poverty stricken and agonising death I suppose.

I am long Gold since 2001.

Whilst Gold certainly has been a good currency hedged in the past, it may not be so in the medium term future. In normal times, Gold should move up when the dollar moves down BUT Gold is as susceptible to the laws of supply & demand as anything else. There are NO perfect correlations negative or otherwise & the Gold/Dollar correlation is no different.

You cannot presume that Gold rising automatically equals the death of the dollar. As more & more people get the 'gold bug', Gold stands every chance of having it's own little bubble and moving way ahead of itself. Personally, I hope it does.

When my taxi driver uncle calls me from the UK and tells me to buy Gold, that's when I'll get out.

Haha....You realise however that on a back adjusted basis gold was around 1000$ in 1982? (in 1980 it was even up above $1600) If you have been scale down buying since then you are certainly a hero now but it took until 2001 for the market to find a base.
The great thing about gold, as Faber says, is that it weighs the same every month.
Yeh, once you adjust for inflation and the exchange rate my gold is worth peanuts, that's why I'm holding out until it reaches $3000.

I am long Gold since 2001.

Whilst Gold certainly has been a good currency hedged in the past, it may not be so in the medium term future. In normal times, Gold should move up when the dollar moves down BUT Gold is as susceptible to the laws of supply & demand as anything else. There are NO perfect correlations negative or otherwise & the Gold/Dollar correlation is no different.

You cannot presume that Gold rising automatically equals the death of the dollar. As more & more people get the 'gold bug', Gold stands every chance of having it's own little bubble and moving way ahead of itself. Personally, I hope it does.

When my taxi driver uncle calls me from the UK and tells me to buy Gold, that's when I'll get out.

If you could see all the adverts on Tv for "cash for gold" etc you'd fancy a temporary top sometime soon using the social indicator!!