Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Socrates must be a pure genius; whilst the rest of us mere mortals are watching the DOW in amazement or trying to scrape a few points together, he told us ........................

LION63 said:
Socrates must be a pure genius; whilst the rest of us mere mortals are watching the DOW in amazement or trying to scrape a few points together, he told us ........................

..........absolutely zilch !

Oh and by the way it's now back to 263. Anyone want me to provide you with a running commentary, at one minute intervals, of where it's at ?????????? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

kriesau said:
..........absolutely zilch !

Oh and by the way it's now back to 263. Anyone want me to provide you with a running commentary, at one minute intervals, of where it's at ?????????? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Everything stops for tea when a top is reached, but of course you have put me on ignore so you won't see this will you ? Ha ! Ha ! Ha !

And now it is going to go sideways, specially for you, so that you get really bored...

SOCRATES said:
Everything stops for tea when a top is reached, but of course you have put me on ignore so you won't see this will you ? Ha ! Ha ! Ha !

Where and when did I say that I had put you on ignore ?
You like to make all your garbage up as you go along don't you !

What I actually said was that I was going to ignore you, which is what I have done up to now.

Also my post was in response to Lion !

well, what have i missed? anything good? no, didnt think so.

good to see Soc can spot a breakout opportunity.. who could have guessed from the narrow-range build up...

The breakout was clear for all to see, we need to clean our spectacles, change our lenses etc. Socrates was kind enough to help us on our way but we were to blind to see the golden opportunity to make easy money.

i dunno if it is that simple.

im off to go and do some soul searching and tree-hugging in order to be able to spot such a breakout opportunity...

now, about your sideways comment Soc??? does down count as sideways?

241 would be good for a long at a retest of the breakout level..

stops are for mugs.. hmmmm.. ill bare that in mind :confused:

i place entry positions orders and stops, im not at my desk when tradin really so i really need stops.. but today has been one hell of a day..

how the hell did socs "predict" the "mischief"?? that was amazing :-0

FetteredChinos said:

im off to go and do some soul searching and tree-hugging in order to be able to spot such a breakout opportunity...

Ah but a 20 pt drop in the last twenty minutes still counts as 'sideways' in his lexicon.
He was just being enigmatic to fool you FC - he know it was going to drop 20 pts in that time all along :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

...what a pretty cup 'n' handle pattern! Ok, there's a bit of a flaw in the centre of the cup, but otherwise it's nice.

FetteredChinos said:

Still moving 'sideways up' at 10300, which is 60 pts above its 'sideways down' move about 20 minutes ago - the man is obviously a true genius :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This fall and subsequent rise in the dow today wouldn't have anything to do with the terror alert at the White House and subsequent all clear - would it ?

Edit
I see the plane story has already been covered - boy, you guys have been busy today. Six or seven pages of posts.

Last edited: