Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

LION63 said:
The breakout was clear for all to see, we need to clean our spectacles, change our lenses etc. Socrates was kind enough to help us on our way but we were to blind to see the golden opportunity to make easy money.

Love it, still laughing now.

Minder said:
This fall and subsequent rise in the dow today wouldn't have anything to do with the terror alert at the White House and subsequent all clear - would it ?

Depends if the pilot (being "held for questioning") has a buddy playing the markets ;)

Disney bounced up at the same time...

Each of these the big buying phases started 17:00 18:00 and 19:00hrs and 50% retracements between
will it happen at 20:00hrs of course not. The last one showed a huge volume surge.What you think !

Minder said:
This fall and subsequent rise in the dow today wouldn't have anything to do with the terror alert at the White House and subsequent all clear - would it ?

Edit
I see the plane story has already been covered - boy, you guys have been busy today. Six or seven pages of posts.

Well the 40 pt spike down and 50 pt spike up between 12.15 and 12.30 certainly was.

schoe said:
Love it, still laughing now.

Are you not a discipliple of our divine member ?

Shame on you - he'll probably turn you into a pillar of salt for your heresy :LOL:

FetteredChinos said:
i dunno if it is that simple.

im off to go and do some soul searching and tree-hugging in order to be able to spot such a breakout opportunity...

now, about your sideways comment Soc??? does down count as sideways?

241 would be good for a long at a retest of the breakout level..
Well, its obvious, isn't t fettered ? If, following mischief, then there is a price explosion and then it drifts off sideways, it means there is no current interest in the long side of things.

Now look how that lack of interest persists and how the price has sagged since...

You have to take the opportunity quickly when it appears, and not hope for something later.

That is what I mean by forcing. Forcing cannot and will never work. You would need to have thousands of billions to be able to force, and not even a government can do it, so how can we? We have to accept what is delivered and be prepared to pounce and as when appropriate.

KInd Regards.

Incidentally, it looks capped at between 10300 and 10305, more or less, at least for the time being.

Disney Q2 profits rise by 30% on the back on home video sales of 'The Incredibles'
Incredible huh !

kriesau said:
Disney Q2 profits rise by 30% on the back on home video sales of 'The Incredibles'
Incredible huh !

Incredible I haven't seen that film yet. :confused:

Dow's been acting like the rubberband arm girl today! Now, can it remain above 10,300 till Friday?

Bluewave said:
Incredible I haven't seen that film yet. :confused:

Dow's been acting like the rubberband arm girl today! Now, can it remain above 10,300 till Friday?

Mmmm.........even with shorts covering and bargain hunters, who've generated big volumes in the last two hours, it's failed to effectively breach resistance at 10300 in spite of 3 attempts since 2.00pm. Where does this leave us tomorrow with April retail sales and Jobless claims reported at 8.30am plus WalMart and Dell after the bell.

Ignoring the bull**** merchant it's so volatile that it really is too close to call. :rolleyes:

There you have it, the Dow has closed at 10300.30 precisely.

You cannot complain I do not tell you everything.

Well, well done Socrates whoever you are, now don,t upset the neighbours and throw the baby out with the bath water!!!

There was a time that you would all be burnt at the stake or at the very least left to rot in the dungeons. The Great Socrates speaks and you try to disect every word, he has provided tip after tip and still you ask. It will be a sad day when he finally decides that the doubters are no longer worth the effort and heads off to greener pastures.

You (did I forget myself) have been warned.

The thing about trading longer time frames is, it takes more time to make money( percentage wise). So, time frame wise, should natural trading progression (if there is such a thing) draw a person into shorter time frames(or opposite). Try not to answer with..".Whatever you feel comfortable with"...or..."its circumstances". Is the real 'essence' of trading shorter term rather than longer term or a mixture, depending on the market conditions at any given time? If ive annoyed anybody with this, sorry, youll have to excuse. RB.

RUDEBOY said:
The thing about trading longer time frames is, it takes more time to make money( percentage wise). So, time frame wise, should natural trading progression (if there is such a thing) draw a person into shorter time frames(or opposite). Try not to answer with..".Whatever you feel comfortable with"...or..."its circumstances". Is the real 'essence' of trading shorter term rather than longer term or a mixture, depending on the market conditions at any given time? If ive annoyed anybody with this, sorry, youll have to excuse. RB.

Rudeboy,
Why don't you just tell us what you want to hear, it'll save a lot of time and effort and have the same results.