Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Racer said:
Good ole Dax... a great indicator!

reckon its only short term though..

i think we have seen the "bend at the end" :arrowu:

FC

Attachments

• bend at the end.gif
    bend at the end.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 140
FetteredChinos said:
reckon its only short term though..

i think we have seen the "bend at the end" :arrowu:

FC
i noticed you use 2 inds inyour charts bsing or what,when you tell me to bin inds.

erm only cos ive got that page bookmarked on IE.

i dont even use charts to trade, really. its all about closing prices. simple as that.......

destiny said:
"Housing starts plunged 17.6 percent in March, marking their steepest drop in more than 14 years"

is this indicator a significant market mover?

Hi Destiny, the big drop in H/starts will help the bulls as it will point to the Feds M / Rate policy staying, so no change to bigger rate moves.
regards :rolleyes:

are we seeing a bear-flag.
arent they supposed to happen half-way through a move ?

10,500 - 10,050 = 450.

if FC is right, and we reach around 10,200. Then, a further 450 fall would take us to ..... 9,750.

Am I curve-fitting ? :)

Attachments

• dow_bearflag.PNG
    dow_bearflag.PNG
    115.1 KB · Views: 144
Rumour has it that the Chinese will revalue their currency peg soon. That should send the Dow way up !!

It has the potential to go to 9000 but, it depends on the next few days really, I haven't got any completely fixed ideas because you never know what is going to happen.
I nearly closed part of my shorts today but the way it behaved didn't give me the impression it was convincing enough for me to do that. I have got a lot of profit and the temptation is to take it, but letting the profit run is often more difficult!

Incidentally I had a short on the NAS 100 from end Dec.. I didn't actually look at it much at all.. just sort of followed the NasC.. when I did look I thought, wow, that is a big % drop and I closed it.. should have not looked! LOL, cos it fell further...

hi twiggytwo,
Thanks for your reply, i thought it was good news for the bears lol. do you think the fall in housing strats indicates the end to the housing bubble?

Think I will have to just walk away and leave it to get on with it... got those figures tomorrow which should be the decider