Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

You are not falling victim to indecision, listening to gossip, market noise, news reports, bullish sentiment, are you?

No, I look at the market and read that...

BTW there is a psychology thing about card players and a rigged game... their subconscious knew it was rigged before their conscious mind did!

If I am wrong, I don't mind, I feel happy now I have closed! My decision, no one else, no other influence.

Racer,
The cognitive subconcious, is experiential memory. Therefore, always valid to listen.
The "intuitive" trading plan, fluid,dynamic,flexible,quick,..................

You obviously do not subscribe to the orthodoxy of having in your trading arsenal a trading plan then?

I do tend to agree however, I would definitely have closed shorts today.
cheers d998

It is the reason I shorted the NAS when I did.. the perfect point, I shorted TATE the same, LMC the same... I can give you lots of examples of that...

Another recent example
Had a very big long AV.. bought 5 April.(6.24). closed 13 April (640).. why.. cos I had to!
Look at the chart and you will see what it said!
Price now 615.5

Oh and just cos I got out doesn't mean I won't put the positions back on again!

I need to find out if I am right or wrong... I haven't got male ego that says I am right all the time ;)

There is a potential short term bounce from here so I can put my shorts back on again at a higher level, watching and waiting!
Got a few bottles of champers from the cash just pocketed while I wait though :)

destiny said:
hi twiggytwo,
Thanks for your reply, i thought it was good news for the bears lol. do you think the fall in housing strats indicates the end to the housing bubble?

Hi Destiny, I dont think this is the end, only a slowing , as the US is still showing growth and the interest rate is still not too high, and the Fed has more to go before they get it ( H /Starts ) to a stall stage. I think it's the same for the UK.
regards :rolleyes:

Oh another reason why I closed tonight.. I have a temp of 102! and will probably not be able to watch the markets for a day or so....

so trading plan itemised for all you men...
big position,
uncertain market direction
feeling unwell.

Conclusion
Get out, too big a risk with the amount you are playing with if you can't watch.

Good luck all

Last edited:
Closed my Dow & Nadaq shorts and banked the profits after the futures started to move up following the Intel announcement. This rally should last another day or two. Will be looking for the right opportunity to enter more shorts since I still think we'll see the Dow at 9900 before long.

1. Describe what is going on in detail.

2. What do you want it to be like instead?

3. Is this what you really want? Fix it a little if you need to.

If this is what you want as you fixed it up, then say out loud “this is what I want” And next read out loud the fixed up words you wrote in 2.

4. Now just go about your business by doing something else.

jonnyy40 said:
1. Describe what is going on in detail.

2. What do you want it to be like instead?
3. Is this what you really want? Fix it a little if you need to.

If this is what you want as you fixed it up, then say out loud “this is what I want” And next read out loud the fixed up words you wrote in 2.

4. Now just go about your business by doing something else.

Huh ? Would you like to run that past me again !
What is the point that you are making ?

Thought I'd make the thread usefull.Just do what the text says,you can use it as often as you want.

Funny how the market finds the data to fit the chart pattern……

Ed Downs noted the bearish rising wedge triangle on the 15min chart…..

CPI:-It was the largest gain in the core rate since August 2002. It was the largest increase in overall consumer prices since October.
The figures were worse than expected by Wall Street economists, who were forecasting a 0.5% rise in the headline CPI and a tame 0.2% gain in the core rate.

Inflationary.......

Attachments

• BearishWedge.gif
    BearishWedge.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 86
maybe i should have taken profits at 10,170 :rolleyes:

still, a system is a system.. still looking for 10,180 today and then down...

is that from signalwatch TS?