What do you do when you're in a trade?

I am currently still in a trade right now. For the last hour I have been curled up in a ball, sucking my thumb and praying for the pain to go away. Now I'm back to around breakeven! I'm only posting this because I am hoping that if I don't look at the chart then magically I will be in profit. I have included these as rules in my trading plan so it's all good.

if you don't look at the charts then your trades are both profitable and losing

i tend to stare like an owl at the screen, very bad practice...

Before making order or open position for a pair, analyzing the macro economics and try to see the chart which presenting the market trend. DO YOU WANT TO SHARE ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE CHART YOU USE AND MAKE YOU FEEL FREE TO OPEN POSITION IN A PAIR?

if you don't look at the charts then your trades are both profitable and losing

Ah the Schrodinger's Cat approach!

I'm in a decent profit now but I'm currently fighting with myself to let the trade run, every part of me is desperately trying to close it!

Ah the Schrodinger's Cat approach!

I'm in a decent profit now but I'm currently fighting with myself to let the trade run, every part of me is desperately trying to close it!

I do that every time I'm 4ticks away from my target however I just hold out and pray for to the lord.

It is amazing how almost every trade is a panic trade. :whistle:cry:

Don't be a dick for a tick...

As for the original question, what do I do? Sleep. I took a euro short last night after it shot up, went to bed, woke up at about 10.30am, had a bath, checked email, had lunch, closed the trade. If only all trades worked that way. :D

i have the radio blaring the whole time.I find that it keeps me permanently entertained.Also depending on my budget i migh serve the net a little.Still can get boring even with the radio

I find trading from a private table at stringfellows keeps my equity curve solid. Boredom isn't a problem with this strategy..

Play poker! :cheesy::clap:

(Not whilst I am in a trade, though...only when there are no opportunities!)

Oh yeah forgot, two screen setup, one is 37" sony TV.
Usually swap between extended desktop or clone desktop, depending on whether I'm
doing something PC unrelated on TV to pass the time.

Phone alerts and secondary monitor always tracking, screensaver off...
Actually trying not to watch trade in progress, works better for me, just a glance now and then with phone as primary alert.
Works ok for me so far...

Does profit tend to come prematurely in spurts with that method? :whistling
Well someone had to...:cheesy:

It depends on the goods on show which has a depreciation of quality factor that's measured by time multiplied by alcohol units.

Ah that will be the HFT brewers droop algorithm then :cheesy:
BTW, got that sms thing sorted, decided to go with these:
http://www.fastsms.co.uk/
Gmail push does work well actually, but 3G coverage is a bit patchy where I am so not relaible.
With a good conn, can't fault it TBH :)

Glad you got it sorted, buy the way if 3G is a prob and your mostly at home you could use your wifi network on your mobile. But I assume you want it for when you're not at home.

Glad you got it sorted, buy the way if 3G is a prob and your mostly at home you could use your wifi network on your mobile. But I assume you want it for when you're not at home.

Yeah I did think of wifi, good point.
All hard wired, cba changing for something pretty minor, but yeah wifi for mobile is another solution. :)

Mostly use it as alerts for trading at home, sms is handy though if out and about for RNS
and price alerts on swings and AIM, so I'm pretty much left with sms as only reliable option.
Maybe with 4g things might change, oh well, advantages and disavantages to being in the semi sticks :)

The first step for a trader is making analyzing. Analyzing the fundamental and/or technical before opening position. What is fundamental analyzing? Analyzing macro economic of a country related with the pair I will trade

i analyse NOTHING