What are the most popular brokers Worldwide?

I think the two best brokers are Axitrader and IC Markets. IC Markets have better spreads and the cTrader platform, Axitrader is has less pairs and platforms but is still very good.

Thinkforex and Pepperstone and much smaller Aussie brokers and dont have as good reputation as Axitrader and IC Markets.

Forex.com is a popular broker with its domain. However, with my experience in some common forex forums, there are some good names as:
- Dukas, Armanda, Avatrade
- FxPro, FXCM,
- HotForex, Alpari, Oanda

What about Alpari and FXPro?

Here is a tricky part I can't tell why do I thick so. Just because somebody told me . . . no facts.

Well Said Elisium...
I also agree with you. It is totally our decision,which broker have to choose.Just because some one recommend,One should not choose a broker.Choosing a broker is very sensitive point in Forex market. (y)

I like my broker because its professional website, I'm a web designer so I like some website template and my broker website looks like my favourite template. Moreover, its spread and payment are both excellent.

Was looking at IC Markets recently and after only ever using UK broker was quite shocked to find that any funds held with Australian brokers are not covered by any protection in the case of bankruptcy.

This thread has the potential to become a giant self-promotional cluster. Obviously I will leave my own company off of this list... :)

So just off the top of my head the more popular brokers are (in no particular order):

FXCM, Oanda, IBFX, GCAP (Forex.com), FXDD and Interactive Brokers

I'm sure I'm leaving off a bunch but those are the ones that come to mind. Popularity doesn't necessarily determine quality. Picking a broker is almost like picking a spouse. Sometimes the popular, pretty one will be an :innocent: and other times they can be a :devilish:

Very true, each broker is different and you need to make a decision based on your needs, not via adverts or forum posts - no shortcuts, you must do your hmework

Well what I see mostly discussed on forums is:
Нotforex
FXCM
Oanda
IC Markets
Pepperstone

I have experience only with two of them and its good.

^
all brokers you listed are popular and reputable, I have watched many good myfxbook links that trading with them. But Interactive Brokers and Saxo Banks are the best world-wide, they requires 10k deposit with excellent trading conditions.

there are many popular brokers, but lately we can select a few that are pretty noisy in the market.. and many good brokers gone bunkrupt, sad but thats the reality of it!

A lot of good brokers have been mentioned on this thread so far. It might be easier to find the most "popular" brokers by splitting them up by geographical location:

North America:
1. FXCM
2. Forex.com
3. Oanda

European Union:
1. Etoro
2. Easy-forex
3. AvaTrade

Australia:
1. Pepperstone

Asia:
1. HY Markets

I'm sure there are brokers that I've missed. But this should be a reasonable list to go off of if you're looking for "popular" brokers. Also, we should remember that these brokers are not limited to their location. Almost all of them accept traders from all over the world.

A lot of good brokers have been mentioned on this thread so far. It might be easier to find the most "popular" brokers by splitting them up by geographical location:

North America:
1. FXCM
2. Forex.com
3. Oanda

European Union:
1. Etoro
2. Easy-forex
3. AvaTrade

Australia:
1. Pepperstone

Asia:
1. HY Markets

I'm sure there are brokers that I've missed. But this should be a reasonable list to go off of if you're looking for "popular" brokers. Also, we should remember that these brokers are not limited to their location. Almost all of them accept traders from all over the world.

FXCM seem to be facing so much problem since SNB, I'm not sure how confidence are the investors in FXCM.

AvaTrade and Pepperstone I heard alot about them but never tried with them before. I'm currently trading with FXPro and opened an account with Alpari in 2012.

z.com a Japanese Firm seem to be not bad too, and there are so many different new brokers, there are Hirose UK, Phillip Capital UK and also Value Trade.

These are from Asia

Any recommendation?

FXCM seem to be facing so much problem since SNB, I'm not sure how confidence are the investors in FXCM.

AvaTrade and Pepperstone I heard alot about them but never tried with them before. I'm currently trading with FXPro and opened an account with Alpari in 2012.

z.com a Japanese Firm seem to be not bad too, and there are so many different new brokers, there are Hirose UK, Phillip Capital UK and also Value Trade.

These are from Asia

Any recommendation?

Yeah there were problem with FXCM they were painfully affected by SNB black swan and hardly sustained. In contrast, no serious negative impact was on my second broker Нotforex, glad they both sustained and keep up with their good services.

These are from Asia

Any recommendation?

Your are absolutely right. FXCM took a big hit due to the SNB flash crash. However, they are still around and trying to claw their way back. FXCM stock is up 4.28% today. So some people still seem to be bullish on the company.

In general whenever I look for a broker I try to pick one that has been in business for at least 4-5 years. On top of that regulation is really important. If the broker holds your money in a segregated account that is also a huge plus point. It greatly reduces the chances of you losing your money even if something like the SNB debacle happens.

And yeah there are so many brokers in Asia. They keep popping up. I would say try to pick one that has been in business for a while with good business fundamentals. The guys at HY markets are very professional. Their spreads are competitive too. You could also look at the broker that gerryg mentioned. It really depends on how you trade.

Last edited:

Hi Beachyman,

Despite the events of January 15th, FXCM's capitalization remains at levels similar to before the SNB event.

Below are recent financial data regarding the capitalization of our US entity as compared to other US-regulated brokers:

p8KI6Wd.png

The column that says "Total Amount of Retail Forex Obligation" shows the amount of money retail traders have on deposit with FXCM US which is 50% greater than what is on deposit with the number 2 and number 3 retail forex brokers in the US.

North America:
1. FXCM
2. Forex.com
3. Oanda

European Union:
1. Etoro
2. Easy-forex
3. AvaTrade

Australia:
1. Pepperstone

Asia:
1. HY Markets

Those are really popular but it's better if you can quote reviews or summary about those brokers in #1.

Those are really popular but it's better if you can quote reviews or summary about those brokers in #1.

Hey, apologies for my late response. I think I know what you are saying. If you are looking for a detailed overview of those brokers you might find these helpful:

FXCM - http://booksandbrokers.com/fxcm-review/
Etoro- http://booksandbrokers.com/etoro-review/

You can also check these out if you want:

Easy forex - http://booksandbrokers.com/easy-forex-review/
Forex.com - http://booksandbrokers.com/forex-com-review/
Oanda - http://booksandbrokers.com/oanda-review/

Once again sorry for getting back late. Busy week.

As for me these companies did not deserve any attention.

How so?

I feel that it completely depends on what a trader is looking for. If someone is new to trading and looking to invest say 500 dollars into a trading account and trade once or twice a month they do not need a market maker with super tight spreads. Brokers like etoro allow these types of traders to gain experience and (potentially) make money at the same time. These brokers are serving a very common segment of the retail market which is why we hear so much about them.