Welcome all Short Sterling Traders!!!

I just pulled April Euribor up to take a look. it's the first time i've looked at a non-quarterly to be honest.

it looks a bit thin on volumes (4000ish lots) compared to the rest of strip. are there any locals that trade it, or is it all institutions?

I'm sure there are a couple of locals that trade it properly but I suspect they all know each other by name....

me and my mate jean claude trade it! :)
van damme? i always wondered what he went on to do after Streetfighter flopped

these moves in sterling the last couple of days have been absolutely bananas. had one on the bor and it looks similar. the front bor 12 month/calendar traded nearly 20000 lots yesterday.

probably means it'll be quiet for the rest of the month, but i hope note.

by the way, i caught up with a rep from Liffe this morning. they won't say conclusively that Sterling won't be going back to the half-tick at some stage. in fact, i got the feeling that if and when the financial crisis calmed down, and the pound gained in strength against competing products currencies (euro and dollar) that the half-tick would be re-introduced. this wasn't confirmed mind. it was just the feeling i left the meeting with.

they are going to sit down around the end of this year and guage how the return to the full tick has gone.

i was told that overall the return to the full tick had gone over very well with the majority of market participants they had spoken with.

sterlingtrader...very interesting re. 1/2 tick. if they do move it back to 1/2 tick im giong to move to euribor. 1/2 was so ****

" So, without any formal look, I would most certainly guesstimate that CTA liquidations were one the drivers of yesterday's sell off. The market does not usually see high volume, deeply one directional days without CTA involvemen.............member, the post-ECB liquidations are not unusual as longs liquidate, often times triggering CTA levels, thereby deepening the pullback"

this is taken from a Banks analysis on the action in euribor. someone was asking for a plausible reason for the sell off, this is all i can think of

anyone any thoughts on u9/z9? Trichet ruined the party there or time to get short?
blink and you miss it. i look up and u9z9 is 27 bid with 28's looking weak. you could pay 18's yesterday morning.

strange old move. big u9u0 buyer. lifting most offers when they are close to a tick off market all the way up

other thing that strikes me iirc is this happened last April as well (accross all the STIRs)

ps. if you want a trademark arabianights "well duh" analysis: there are a **** load of longs still and the market always shakes out the majority... interesting times ahead but it's practically a civic duty to sell every new low I think.

other thing that strikes me iirc is this happened last April as well (accross all the STIRs)
i think i know which move you are referring. was it the end of March/Start of April? from memory it started the day that Sterling went to half-tick and occurred across both bor and sterling.

ps. it's not just drunks that trade the euribor after 6pm on a friday. people trying to avoid their significant others have been known to do a 1 lot from time to time

What on earth is going on with the bid/offer sizes at the momment. 15000 contracts on mar10 through to dec10...

I remember when it was all fields and that wouldn't have been at all unusual.

Tempting to call a bottom around here but I'm not going to fall into that trap - essentially if this is liquidation following Trichet then this could be a local bottom (although I still reckon March 11 will be coming off the board about 93) but otherwise we've still further to go - I think.

I dont think its liquidation. I think its people buying into this Equity rally and people thinking the worst is over. which i personally believe is wrong. but then what do i know

Guys is anyone interested in a STIR chatroom - if enough are interested I'll set one up. I think there's more that can be said on a privateish room and it's better for real time action anyway.