Weekly forecast for S&P 500 cash 2011

Totally agree with isatrader's analysis.

I have reservation on strength of the bounce even though MACD and Stochastics pointing up on daily and 4 hourly charts - but in general feel bounce will continue.

I see the upwards move (between March 09 -1st August 11) trendline broken downwards. Looks like a H&S reversal has taken place. Although the H&S fall has played out and now we are seeing the bounce back.

1200-1220 is the critical region to breach for continued upward move imo.

So 1210 for me please Pat... (y)

Thanks for your # DonStar ... I have #s that the market has to get above/below before I can call an area a key # ES to upside is 1190.00 downside 1160.50 .. a break of these #s will put a new target on the radar

Seems we agree all on 1200-1210 resistance as a biggie, and dont think we have the news to bust it through, besides, on my daily ADX, I see no strength, we have room to the upside and maybe start with big volatility into the weekend. I ll go with 1190. Good luck to everyone on their trading for this coming week.

Seems we agree all on 1200-1210 resistance as a biggie, and dont think we have the news to bust it through, besides, on my daily ADX, I see no strength, we have room to the upside and maybe start with big volatility into the weekend. I ll go with 1190. Good luck to everyone on their trading for this coming week.

Thank you for your wishes of luck. My power is overwhelming.

As per Understand, Survive and Thrive's Trading Algorithm, markets are in the 3rd wave of a new Uptrend. Therefore, we are about to witness a very strong rally. Since next UST Inflection Point Model turn date is in September, upcoming rally can last for a good 3 weeks. Its a good thing that we went partially long on Friday.

Note: UST Inflection Point Model predicted the August 23 bottom on August 4, along with numerous other turn points.

Markets have so far held above the August 23, 2011 low, thus, clearing the path for a sustainable rally in the coming weeks. Furthermore, over the past 2 weeks market indices have carved out a very nice base formation. These formations can provide a very good rally launch pad. If we open strong tomorrow, it would suggest that we can raise the trailing stops to reduce the risk associated with the long positions.

I don't know how to quote a post ... but 1190.00 target from my post yesterday ES was hit .. above that I'll be looking for 1204.75 ... break that and a new target is on the radar

I don't know how to quote a post ... but 1190.00 target from my post yesterday ES was hit .. above that I'll be looking for 1204.75 ... break that and a new target is on the radar

I don't think you understand the rules of the thread Filo. The point is to predict the closing price of the S&P 500 on Friday. And you need to do this before the opening bell on Monday to be entered for the week.

I don't think you understand the rules of the thread Filo. The point is to predict the closing price of the S&P 500 on Friday. And you need to do this before the opening bell on Monday to be entered for the week.

I'll put him down for 1204.75

average - 1214
wt av = 1214

up = 11
down = 0

highest = 1247
lowest = 1190

:clover:

ah, thanks isatrader .. I'am use to posting day targets .. I will bow out gracefully now ...

Why bow out? Just take your best guess. It's all in fun :)

Peter

Fun! Fun???

This API indicator is fast becoming the BW indicator - erm... that's bread winner indicator... ;)

So far it has a better strike rate than anything else I've come across in a long while :)

The most guesses along with some type of analysis, the better. This S&P week estimate game has sharpen my senses in trading tactics, not to mention that I have learnt from some posts in this thread. My recomendation, jump in, theres nothing to loose.

The most guesses along with some type of analysis, the better. This S&P week estimate game has sharpen my senses in trading tactics, not to mention that I have learnt from some posts in this thread. My recomendation, jump in, theres nothing to loose.

Thank you. I'm glad I could teach you a thing or two.

Been away for a long weekend so only back in the saddle today.

Looking at charts, would have posted about 1245 for this week but I know this will not be counted due to such a late arrival.

love you, mwah, mwah

Been away for a long weekend so only back in the saddle today.

Looking at charts, would have posted about 1245 for this week but I know this will not be counted due to such a late arrival.

love you, mwah, mwah

My visitors have just left. The PC was firmly packed away all week.

:rolleyes: