S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Hi Guys,

Bulls to bears the league table is updated. TwinToWin v Tar, there is 97 tick variance in their outlook. 8 bulls v 4 bears.

Last forecast of 2014. Wishing you all good luck and prosperous trades.

Festive cheers and merry xmas to you all :)

Happy-Christmas-wallpapers.jpg

Hi Guys,

Bulls to bears the league table is updated. TwinToWin v Tar, there is 97 tick variance in their outlook. 8 bulls v 4 bears.

Last forecast of 2014. Wishing you all good luck and prosperous trades.

Festive cheers and merry xmas to you all :)

Thank you for the time and effort put in to this competition. (y)

Merry Christmas.

Thank you for the time and effort put in to this competition. (y)

Merry Christmas.

Thank you Postman,

And to all the other forecasters for participating too. (y)

It really is a joy and my pleasure.

happy.jpeg

Would have wished all you guys and gals a merry Christmas but my d*mn pooter was off the web with splitter problems. OK now though.

drum-roll.gif
... :clap: Gaffs :clap: ...
drum-roll.gif

Gaffs Takes the crown for S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014.
Well done to Gaffs who also wins $50 Amazon Vouchers (y)

After Weighted Average and Average, Lexcorp takes silver despite coming late to the competition. Lexcorp also wins $30 in Amazon Vouchers.

Malaguti takes overall bronze for 2014 with 45 points and wins $20 in Amazon Vouchers.

End of year pic was a tough call but Gaffs raising the cup did it for me :cheesy:

...........................................................S&P 500 cash weekly competition 2014
...............................................................................Champions

..................................................................................Gaffs
.........................................LexCorp..................................................................................Malaguti
3-Winners-1024x768.jpg

League Table here...

Sadly we lost WackyPete from the competition this year. Based on his forecast strength ratio at 1.35 he would have been a very strong contender to win. Not only that but being a regular poster and competitor it was a sad lost. If you are reading this Wacky - new year would be a good time to see you back. (y)

On the good side, Tar and VielGeld are back after some absence along with new and strong forecasters 12WBT and TwinToWin. (y)

Wishing you all festive greetings and a very happy healthy wealthy new 2015... :)

Last edited:
drum-roll.gif
... :clap: Gaffs :clap: ...
drum-roll.gif

Gaffs Takes the crown for S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014.
Well done to Gaffs who also wins $50 Amazon Vouchers (y)

After Weighted Average and Average, Lexcorp takes silver despite coming late to the competition. Lexcorp also wins $30 in Amazon Vouchers.

Malaguti takes overall bronze for 2014 with 45 points and wins $20 in Amazon Vouchers.

End of year pic was a tough call but Gaffs raising the cup did it for me :cheesy:

...........................................................S&P 500 cash weekly competition 2014
...............................................................................Champions

..................................................................................Gaffs
.........................................LexCorp..................................................................................Malaguti
3-Winners-1024x768.jpg

League Table here...

Sadly we lost WackyPete from the competition this year. Based on his forecast strength ratio at 1.35 he would have been a very strong contender to win. Not only that but being a regular poster and competitor it was a sad lost. If you are reading this Wacky - new year would be a good time to see you back. (y)

On the good side, Tar and VielGeld are back after some absence along with new and strong forecasters 12WBT and TwinToWin. (y)

Wishing you all festive greetings and a very happy healthy wealthy new 2015... :)

Cheers Atilla,
A big thank you for all your time and effort running this competition.
Top work and hats off to you!

Wishing you all a fantastic 2015 (y)(y)(y)(y)

Gaffs wins the end of year and the quarterly? $50+$50 = $100?
Big pimping!!

Me and Malaguti share the Christmas leftovers for end of year prize? ($30 and $20)

Well done Gaffs, and thanks Atilla for your effort in running the comp.

Gaffs wins the end of year and the quarterly? $50+$50 = $100?
Big pimping!!

Me and Malaguti share the Christmas leftovers for end of year prize? ($30 and $20)

Well done Gaffs, and thanks Atilla for your effort in running the comp.

Hi LexCorp,

As per rules set out the last quarters $50 is or for over-all points winner. The overall prize was $250.

Rules & Prizes
1. $50 for Quarterly winner in 1st place for March / June / September

2. $100 for the end of year over-all points winners the prize money will be distributed in 50:30:20 ratios
1st place - $50
2nd place - $30
3rd place - $20

Thus, I'm afraid Gaffs only gets $50.

I will post a note to Sharky regarding prizes and with cap in hand ask for $300 for 2015 prize pool. If agreed then we can allocate $50 per 4 quarters and $100 for 50:30:20 split for year end.

(y)

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing it up
It's all good as it is! - I was simply wrong and misunderstood the prizes structure.
You don't need to go cap-in-hand :) (don't know why, but that phrase tickled me, lol)

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing it up
It's all good as it is! - I was simply wrong and misunderstood the prizes structure.
You don't need to go cap-in-hand :) (don't know why, but that phrase tickled me, lol)

We members run the comp but T2W pays :)

I've already asked and agree makes better sense conceptually. Pending approval.

fwiw I think its brilliant and would up the prizes but there is a trade-off between high prizes and increase in chancers.

Pat, can you do the honours with the new thread for 2015 as per usual please. Always appreciate you starting this great competition. Has improved my trading it has :)

It has been a tough competition this year so thanks to everyone, especially the winners and Attila for hosting it.

Mabel ! dust off my crown from last year.

;)

Great work running this comp chaps, its been a pleasure to tag along. I'd say its improved my trading too! So if you'll have me, I'll back in 2015 for more...

All the best to everyone for some cracking New Years!

It has been a tough competition this year so thanks to everyone, especially the winners and Attila for hosting it.

Mabel ! dust off my crown from last year.

;)

Hi Pat,

You going to create new thread or shall I cut and paste yours into 2015?

Back to routine Monday tomorrow...

Time to put down that sherry and get back to rulers and charts (y)

Happy New Year all

May your trades be winners

Happy new year to you too Pat et all,

I was thinking of modifying the Average calculations by;

1. Carrying forward the Forecast Strength Ratio (FSR) from past years
2. Using it in calculating the weighted average

The FSR is basically division of total points devided by number of games played. It removes the bias number of games played on number of points etc.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• FSR-14.GIF
    FSR-14.GIF
    15.3 KB · Views: 169