Weekly forecast for S&P 500 cash 2011

The weekly candlestick pattern looks like an Evening Star pattern to me which is a bearish high probability reversal pattern, so I'm favouring the downside this week although the initial move looks like it could be up.

The 52 week ATR is 33.04 on my charts, so I'll go for 60% move of this from last weeks close. Which gives me a target of 1296.32

So 1296 please Pat.

I can see the Evening Star and interpret this as mutual agreement between the bears and bulls the price being right at 1339.

Also last weeks swing down seems to be 1/3 of the big move ending in June. So on balance I'm thinking the bulls putting up a good show and there is still upward pressure and good support around 1300.

I'm going to go for 1324 mid-way between this week and last weeks close. Not too sure but be very interested in the summary of opinions.

1324 for me please and would appreciate the Pat indicator before Monday. I hope to place a bet in the same direction. :)

has anyone considered the head and shoulders within the head and shoulders formation???

has anyone considered the head and shoulders within the head and shoulders formation???

Just had a look but am struggling to see it exactly.
Perhaps a chart could make it clearer ?

I rather took last week to be the result of a H&S pattern, maybe again ?

1300 - I think it's distributing but will encounter a congestion below 1300 for a while.

So what is the Average Pat Indicator (API) and which direction is it pointing at?

Suspense is killing me... :sneaky:

Assuming my maths is ok
average = 1324
wt average = 1321

up 8
down 3

Hope you don't lose your shirt Atilla

good luck all

:clap:

Assuming my maths is ok
average = 1324
wt average = 1321

up 8
down 3

Hope you don't lose your shirt Atilla

good luck all

:clap:

Thank you Pat. Much appreciated.

Live Trade - Long @ 1301.4, SL @ 1295 - below lowest estimate 1296. No limit set.

Steady as she goes... (y)

Thank you Pat. Much appreciated.

Live Trade - Long @ 1301.4, SL @ 1295 - below lowest estimate 1296. No limit set.

Steady as she goes... (y)

Hi guys, came within 5 pips to being closed out.

Now up +36.

Moving SL to 1301.9 (+5) and setting limit to 1321.4 (+200)

May change limit but SL stays - markets too spooky for possible drop... I'm chickening out... :)

Hi guys, came within 5 pips to being closed out.

Now up +36.

Moving SL to 1301.9 (+5) and setting limit to 1321.4 (+200)

May change limit but SL stays - markets too spooky for possible drop... I'm chickening out... :)

Nice work.

I've had 1 trade set-up since 29th June. I'm really bored at the moment.

Nice work.

I've had 1 trade set-up since 29th June. I'm really bored at the moment.

Thanks but I really have got the spooks with the markets and not planning to give anything back. I feel like just closing for 20 pips or so. Bad vibes... Daily charts bearish too. Only a matter of time.

This is no time to be bored though as imminent turbulence in the air. Wakey wakey... :sleep:

Thanks but I really have got the spooks with the markets and not planning to give anything back. I feel like just closing for 20 pips or so. Bad vibes... Daily charts bearish too. Only a matter of time.

This is no time to be bored though as imminent turbulence in the air. Wakey wakey... :sleep:

I am waiting. Patiently. It's what I do when it goes quiet like this from time to time. Bit of research. Work on trade ideas. You know the score. :)