Weekly forecast for S&P 500 cash 2011

Hi guys, came within 5 pips to being closed out.

Now up +36.

Moving SL to 1301.9 (+5) and setting limit to 1321.4 (+200)

May change limit but SL stays - markets too spooky for possible drop... I'm chickening out... :)

Nice one At.

When I get the time I hope to back track and see if one would have made money following this thread

Nice one At.

When I get the time I hope to back track and see if one would have made money following this thread

I've been making a mental note and on the whole we've got it right. This is what triggered the idea off. Consistent patterns. I'd be very interested.

Why don't we setup an API on the ForexDemo pages to test... No stops just take profits at end of week.

I've been making a mental note and on the whole we've got it right. This is what triggered the idea off. Consistent patterns. I'd be very interested.

Why don't we setup an API on the ForexDemo pages to test... No stops just take profits at end of week.

good idea ( hopefully )

In the 2nd quarter the average of the group came a good second.

Nice one At.

ahem

the results of the 2nd quarter aren't very good
winners = 56
losers = 74
overall loss 50.5 points

room for improvement guys ?

Moving SL again to 1308.4 (+70 locked in) and keeping limit at (+200). Up almost +160pips. Hey Pat, your API really works.

Still think markets going to tank. Trade what you see not what you think. So right as the saying goes...

Steady as she goes... See some rough waters and a bit of dip ahoy... Should short it really but we'll leave it well alone. :)

Last edited:
The market's got that sort of turning over look about it. I know this is about cash, but look at 1300 on a futures chart, it's a major area of interest. For the sake of making a guess, I'd imagine the next big move will be up. If not, I suppose the 1250 area would be a logical place to see a test (again, futures).

Hi guys, came within 5 pips to being closed out.

Now up +36.

Moving SL to 1301.9 (+5) and setting limit to 1321.4 (+200)

May change limit but SL stays - markets too spooky for possible drop... I'm chickening out... :)

Pat dear old boy...

Your API is a winner. I owe you a drink... :)

Trade closed. +200 pips.

I'm stunned to see 1325 is touched.

However, I still think come the weekend it will cool off some. Now I'm wondering if it will make a sprint for 1340 and fail.

Ok sorry for diverting the thread some what. However, I propose to place another live trade next week taking API direction with lowest guestimate as a SL.

Pat dear old boy...

Your API is a winner. I owe you a drink... :)

Trade closed. +200 pips.

I'm stunned to see 1325 is touched.

However, I still think come the weekend it will cool off some. Now I'm wondering if it will make a sprint for 1340 and fail.

Ok sorry for diverting the thread some what. However, I propose to place another live trade next week taking API direction with lowest guestimate as a SL.

Great to see you making some money Mikee - mine's a Bacardi & coke :)
I regret the odds favour taking the opposite bet tho
The first quarter would have lost 43.01 points with 57 wins and 67 losses.

Last edited:
A better strategy would be to bet on who is HOT and leading the pack

For instance in Q1 I would have made a profit of 42.39 points

Isatrader would have been in profit in the 2nd Q if only he had got the last one right. It was a biggee

Keeping in mind our new theory
we have 3 down and 2 up of our leaders !

Keeping in mind our new theory
we have 3 down and 2 up of our leaders !

Very interesting stats Pat, keep it up.

What I have noticed with my personal calls is that most of them have been touched and then market moved off again.

I also do recognise the forecasting abilities of the leaders and perhaps you could develop some form of weighting to their targets. I don't know what do you think. Do able or not?

Either way I think you have something in the making of the API?

My hat off to you sir... (y)

Very interesting stats Pat, keep it up.

What I have noticed with my personal calls is that most of them have been touched and then market moved off again.

I also do recognise the forecasting abilities of the leaders and perhaps you could develop some form of weighting to their targets. I don't know what do you think. Do able or not?

Either way I think you have something in the making of the API?

My hat off to you sir... (y)

Tks
The weighted average was exactly that. It really was a surprise to me that it performed so badly. The inference imo from this is that it's pretty hard to keep getting it right.

If anyone has a better idea please speak up :-0

Tks
The weighted average was exactly that. It really was a surprise to me that it performed so badly. The inference imo from this is that it's pretty hard to keep getting it right.

If anyone has a better idea please speak up :-0

May I be bold and ask what my pips might have been? :whistling

May I be bold and ask what my pips might have been? :whistling

indeed you may

Good heavens - didn't realize you had done so well. But then you joined the comp a bit later than most. A very creditable 128.8 points for Q2 !!

Interesting article

Europe has two choices now

And tomorrow the European leaders meet again. They were supposed to be discussing Greek matters. But you can bet your bottom dollar that the assault on Spanish and Italian sovereign debt is what they’ll be focusing on.

They’ve got two choices now. They can either come out and tell it like it is. They can tell us that the European financial system isn’t working. They’ll have to make it clear who’s going to pay for the clean-up. Bond holders, or taxpayers, or both?

They’ll also have to come up with an approach on how they’re going to fix the obvious problems of monetary union.

The other option is they can come out with more hollow words and more dithering and fudging. Keep the patient in a vegetative state and pretend nothing’s wrong.

And that’s exactly what I think they’re going to do. An agonising and prolonged death looks like it’s on the cards.

What I plan to do as Europe collapses

So how am I preparing for this agonising death? I’m staying short banks, I’m holding a short on the FTSE and I’m definitely long gold. Click on the links to read why I think these are such great trades.

And on gold, if you haven’t had a chance to read Dominic Frisby’s Gold Profit Plan, then I’d highly recommend you do so. He has some very interesting thoughts on what he thinks are the best ways to build exposure to gold right now.

You can read the report here.

Because at some point the European debt markets are likely to go pop. Week by week, the cracks get bigger…

It’s going to be a very interesting summer.

Good investing,

Bengt Saelensminde
The Right Side

It's next winter I'm worried about when the austerity measures bite.
Greasy politicians, who should have seen it coming, will be alright Jack

Interesting article

Europe has two choices now

And tomorrow the European leaders meet again. They were supposed to be discussing Greek matters. But you can bet your bottom dollar that the assault on Spanish and Italian sovereign debt is what they’ll be focusing on.

They’ve got two choices now. They can either come out and tell it like it is. They can tell us that the European financial system isn’t working. They’ll have to make it clear who’s going to pay for the clean-up. Bond holders, or taxpayers, or both?

They’ll also have to come up with an approach on how they’re going to fix the obvious problems of monetary union.

The other option is they can come out with more hollow words and more dithering and fudging. Keep the patient in a vegetative state and pretend nothing’s wrong.

And that’s exactly what I think they’re going to do. An agonising and prolonged death looks like it’s on the cards.

What I plan to do as Europe collapses

So how am I preparing for this agonising death? I’m staying short banks, I’m holding a short on the FTSE and I’m definitely long gold. Click on the links to read why I think these are such great trades.

And on gold, if you haven’t had a chance to read Dominic Frisby’s Gold Profit Plan, then I’d highly recommend you do so. He has some very interesting thoughts on what he thinks are the best ways to build exposure to gold right now.

You can read the report here.

Because at some point the European debt markets are likely to go pop. Week by week, the cracks get bigger…

It’s going to be a very interesting summer.

Good investing,

Bengt Saelensminde
The Right Side

It's next winter I'm worried about when the austerity measures bite.
Greasy politicians, who should have seen it coming, will be alright Jack

Yes but a very biased one.

Whilst I concur with his sentiments the other good side is;

European Bonds - > Europe coming stronger and even more bonded together. It could happen. Out of adversity comes great many good things.

Gold may peak still yet but around 1600-1650 it is at 161% fib extension and likely to test strengths. I'm long on gold in principal but unless panick hits the markets gold is likely to come of the highs imho.

Hi guys,

I've put in a short here on the S&P again @ 1339.6, SL @ 1342.8, Target 1328...

If this one pulls off too then what I saw on Sunday evening will have played out perfectly. I'd be well chuffed. :)

Hi guys,

I've put in a short here on the S&P again @ 1339.6, SL @ 1342.8, Target 1328...

If this one pulls off too then what I saw on Sunday evening will have played out perfectly. I'd be well chuffed. :)

Hard luck - it seems to be stopped out ?

Attachments

• Atilla's.png
    Atilla's.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 151
Hard luck - it seems to be stopped out ?

Yep stopped out. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Not an exact science but I think after this week profit taking is likely to take place. Even with the Euro fiasco it's only a draft they agreed on.

Really - as long as the word agreed is somewhere on the speech, market is so fear gripped they'll latch on to it like a drowning body in the big wide deep ocean.