Wedges and trendline breaks

View attachment 93326

just wanted to show the 4hour of what i traded last week, did have time to post charts but

i shorted the 160 level and also shorted when the pin was broken down to the end line very easy trade and this is what we are looking for, nice big round number pin bar room to move down to the trend line simple but effect stuff

Haha. Yea that looks like a no brainer. I had a limit at 1.5820 to buy, got down to 1.5825. I was sleeping at the time it got to 1.6 and eurusd 1.4, so i missed it. long time frames for me too. Intraday trading is too stressful, not that i have stopped doing it, but mainly following flow.

Trading the gap? like price always fills the gap?

yes, i am finding it is always filled, or comes very close to it, need to be a nice size gap say 50 points on cable into support level or resitence and it usuall closes the gap by 11pm or just after

you need to have an ig index account to open the trade and follow the prices as my alpari account does nt kick in till 11pm

yes, i am finding it is always filled, or comes very close to it, need to be a nice size gap say 50 points on cable into support level or resitence and it usuall closes the gap by 11pm or just after

you need to have an ig index account to open the trade and follow the prices as my alpari account does nt kick in till 11pm

50 points is pretty steep, what makes you think it will gap 50 points. I'll give it a go tonight, do you only trade the gap or if it gaps up 50 and goes a further 30 points you sell then?

50 points is pretty steep, what makes you think it will gap 50 points. I'll give it a go tonight, do you only trade the gap or if it gaps up 50 and goes a further 30 points you sell then?

basically when price opens tonight have alook to see where price closed on friday now lets say cable gaps 40 points from fridays close (this does not happen every week but it might gap 30 points which i find is still worth a bet)

i would be short or long straight away if it is into say a round number and a previous support area

if the gap is only 20 point its really not worth it for me but i bet it will still close the price around 11pm, as for stops 20 to 30 points is enough 50 maybe at most

basically when price opens tonight have alook to see where price closed on friday now lets say cable gaps 40 points from fridays close (this does not happen every week but it might gap 30 points which i find is still worth a bet)

i would be short or long straight away if it is into say a round number and a previous support area

if the gap is only 20 point its really not worth it for me but i bet it will still close the price around 11pm, as for stops 20 to 30 points is enough 50 maybe at most

I'm in. Let's see what happens.

short eur/usd on a GAP TRADE

TARGET 1.3955

STOP 1.3930

Nvm it is. Hey your stop is 1.4030. What size do you on these trades?

Gone for eurgbp aswell. Looks like safer bet and a bigger jump relatively.

Resistence here aswell.

Attachments

• EURGBP.png
    EURGBP.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

i am in at 4 a point on this so risking about 160 pounds but you could tighten that stop up if you want, would really like to increase my size on these tades but still learning the ropes

big gap at the open here so i recond its 55 points, which is alot for the eur/usd

just to add eur/gbp is a short aswell and you could even short the aud/usd but might aswell go with eur/usd as its the best setup

hope your in mate, relax now its just a matter of waiting till the market picks up

i am in at 4 a point on this so risking about 160 pounds but you could tighten that stop up if you want, would really like to increase my size on these tades but still learning the ropes

big gap at the open here so i recond its 55 points, which is alot for the eur/usd

Bit too exciting on a sunday night. I've done similar amount.

sorry mate. i took profit at 60, so i can sleep. closed eurgbp out for a small profit also for the same reason. Owe you a beer.

well done mate was tempted to take a profit to last night before bed but these trades tend to close the gap quicker so left it (they are usually easier and quicker than last nights trade)

looking at this morning gap has filled, if you could just discipline yourself to do this every time there is a nice gap you would be a very rich man

and the eur/gbp has just closed the gap :)

Last edited:
well done mate was tempted to take a profit to last night before bed but these trades tend to close the gap quicker so left it (they are usually easier and quicker than last nights trade)

looking at this morning gap has filled, if you could just discipline yourself to do this every time there is a nice gap you would be a very rich man

and the eur/gbp has just closed the gap :)

Bottled it. Although profit is profit at the end of the day. Stupidly my bias is short EURUSD. Even now, i'm looking a retracement back to 1.3360. Then i'll look to go long. I'm not sure about these gap trades so i prefer to take profit and sleep. Not trusting these spreadbetting companies recently. IG's high was 10 points off the high on bloomberg, currenex, alpari and finspreads and about everyone, and my limit happens to be in that 10 points on usdcad the other day. cost me a grand.

well been a slow week for me with work, but have had some success just scalping the market nothing major just keeps you interested

gap trades went well

the gbp/chf never kicked in headed down and bottomed out at previous old support and has now formed a pin bar

this is a high probability trade and if you can just take these kind of setup you will be very wealthy

so lets see what happens next week i will be long a break off the pin bar

993.gif

Right getting to that time of the sunday evening where we may get some GAP trades

at the 9pm open here in london so lets see, will keep you posted if i am entering anything

100% record on these trades so very little risk, i think the only currency to gap that did nt close was aud/usd recently but i was nt in the trade

so lets see what happens

Right getting to that time of the sunday evening where we may get some GAP trades

at the 9pm open here in london so lets see, will keep you posted if i am entering anything

100% record on these trades so very little risk, i think the only currency to gap that did nt close was aud/usd recently but i was nt in the trade

so lets see what happens

not much happening tonight except for aud/usd it has nearly a 50 point gap from fridays close so i have just shorted at

30 point stop

target is 9900

let see how it goes