Weak Or Strong Stocks How To Identify Them In Real Time ( Down Loadable Code )

how many stocks would be reasonable to monitor with TS2i and IB in realtime?

who would you suggest if i went down the independent route, whats the costs?

You are limited to 100 symbols max on IB unless you do > $800 per month in commish. Then I think it is one more symbol for each increment of $8.

Because of the nature of the IB feed you may get fewer ticks than with some other feeds. This should not be a problem for what you are trying to do. It might even be an advantage as it puts less load on TS. It can also be an advantage in fast markets where other feeds might lag due to the high loads put on the vendors processing and comms infrastructure.

I think you should try the IB feed before spending extra money on another feed which may be no better and quite possibly worse.

this is mine, is this suitable for what i'm trying to do here

thanks
glen

View attachment 31759

Is this a laptop ?

You can get desktops for a reasonable price that will outperform that CPU fairly easily. Suggested value for money CPUs: Intel Q6600 quad core or E6750 dual core. The Intel CPUs currently have the edge over AMD in performance.

Before spending any money, just monitor the CPU utilization while running TS with whatever scripts you are using. If it is at 100% for extended periods eg more than say 20 or 30 seconds, then you will benefit from a faster box. It might well be that what you have is sufficient.

Is this a laptop ?

You can get desktops for a reasonable price that will outperform that CPU fairly easily. Suggested value for money CPUs: Intel Q6600 quad core or E6750 dual core. The Intel CPUs currently have the edge over AMD in performance.

Before spending any money, just monitor the CPU utilization while running TS with whatever scripts you are using. If it is at 100% for extended periods eg more than say 20 or 30 seconds, then you will benefit from a faster box. It might well be that what you have is sufficient.

thansks dcraig1,

yes it's a laptop, and i'm running an additional screen off it too.
i will concider a new desk top, but not for say 6-8months or so.

i will do as you say, run it and monitor CPU useage, and see if its ok

Glen

this is mine, is this suitable for what i'm trying to do here

thanks
glen

View attachment 31759
Glen
It's not a straightforward yes or no. You should be ok to get something working but a lot depends on the efficiency of the code you are using and what else is running on the machine - and in which cpu.
(1.66 Ghz is a bit slow nowadays and more RAM always helps.)
Basically you just load up the radars and symbols and check what your task manager is telling you (in the Processes and Performance areas) about how the machine is holding up. To keep up with all the calculations it should never run at 100% cpu otherwise you'll get delays in the radar data updates and ultimately TS will freeze more often than not..
Adjust the number of symbols to suit and close any radars you're not using or just take the symbols out of them. The best time to test this is when things get busy - e.g. US open.
If this doesn't give you the number of symbols you need, then you need more power or more memory or faster processors or a combination thereof.

However I don't think that the IB data feed will be a problem as I said.

Glenn

Edit. Just spotted what DCraig said - he got there before me on the cpu question :)
As regards multiple cpus, you are rather limited as to what runs where. Most, if not all of TS2000 will still end up on one processor.

Last edited:
In my view, the key process to check is ORRadar.exe as it is this that can cause all of your resource to be used up.

Paul

had a few play trades with this tonight

4 shorts

1 winner, 3 losers, also attached is the INDU chart

All look very counter trend looking back now (market well up at open and throughout day)

paper scalps 21st Dec 2007.JPG

and i'm not really sure i'm using the code as it was intended yet (keep tryin)
Glen

Last edited:
not really studing the markets much tonight, just getting set up for 2008.

I'm gonna try and scalp us stocks using the attached set up.

1. see what stocks are strong/weak during consolidation peroid with main market chart using first radar screen.

2. only go long on stocks above, short on stocks below (first radar screen)

3. wait for pull back on strong/weak stocks (MACCI O/B or O/S on 1mins, second radar screen)

4. Main market must be O/B O/S on 10min MACCI at the same time as Number 3. (Just realised i need another radar screen for this, will add later)

5. All above met, move to 3rd radar screen for possition size (based on ATR)

see how we go

glen

Scalp set up 4th Jan 2008.JPG

Can anyone tell me how to get INDU index into TS2ki, i can't seem to find the symbol?

cheers
glen

Can anyone tell me how to get INDU index into TS2ki, i can't seem to find the symbol?

cheers
glen

Hi Glen

You may need to add it in Globaserver. Select ADD Symbol; NEW etc. and just use symbol INDU on NYSE with catagory INDEX.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Glen

You may need to add it in Globaserver. Select ADD Symbol; NEW etc. and just use symbol INDU on NYSE with catagory INDEX.

Cheers

Steve

Hi steve,

have tried the above but it didn't work, willl try again

ta
glen

not to bother with the entry on AAP tonight, it was picked as a 'strong' stock and it proved to be a strong stock.

i probably didn't make enough entries to be scalping, and i'm yet to set up a INDU chart with 10min MAICC yet

AAP.JPG

push on

Last edited:
Glen,

If you are using IB then PM me your email address and I will send you some data that will automatically import the symbol straight into TS

Paul

i also having a few prob's getting the 'MACCI send' to give me a reading on TS2ki

i've down loaded daily bars from hyperserver but it wont work

seems to work ok for 1min Data compression

MACCI send day.JPG

trades closed (stop out on both)

8th Jan 2008 close.JPG

my stops look to tight (eyeballed, not based on ATR), however the MACCI 10min O/S on INDU didn't seem to make a very good entry point anyway.

RIG and JOYG were picked as they seemed strong to the Market:eek:

Hi,
I am a bit confused about the weak/strong lists of stocks used. My understanding is that Iraj trades a special list using fundamental data and then applies technicals. But then I have seen lists of strong weak stocks that are based solely upon the MACCI on the 10 min $INDU chart :confused:
However what about the other guys such as vegas and fibbo who have been on the mentoring with Iraj? Are they just using the MACCI and $INDU 10 min or using fundamentals as well?
Would appreciate any info from people using the strong/weak MACCI strategy.
Regards,
Imran