Weak Or Strong Stocks How To Identify Them In Real Time ( Down Loadable Code )

If you'd had the Macci working you'd be making a killing now after the Fed news. :)

Glenn
Glenn

Glenn,

just re read your post, what do you mean, can you give an example?

good name!

thanks
Glen

is it ok to post screen shots of this if not let me know

Yes it is but bear in mind that it may appear confusing to those I have not explained how it is used to.

Paul

Glenn,

just re read your post, what do you mean, can you give an example?

good name!

thanks
Glen

INDU OB in MACCI on Daily and 10 minute chart just before 7:15 - Plenty of stocks OB in 1-3-5 timeframes just asking to be shorted - bingo !
Muchas Gracias Mr Iraj :)

Yours is a good name too - lol

Glenn

If Belflan posts screenshots I will explain. It is very simple but you do need to know what is what when displayed.

Paul

If Belflan posts screenshots I will explain. It is very simple but you do need to know what is what when displayed.

Paul

I won't be posting screenshots of TS2i until i figure out how to use it.

i tried contacting those helpful chaps at hyperserver tonight to help me set up symbols etc, but there off line at the moment.

i will post screenshots of trades the position sizes etc when up and running

Glen

Is this a demo or real account ?

Which stocks do you wish to include ?

Also, do you know how to set up IB as a datafeed into Hyperserver because it does need some knowledge ?

Paul

Is this a demo or real account ?

Paul

real account.

Which stocks do you wish to include ?

Paul

all of my weak and strong list off swing thread (and others i may want to add on a nightly bases)
Also, do you know how to set up IB as a datafeed into Hyperserver because it does need some knowledge ?

Paul

Hyperserver bloke did this for me remotely last night, tho it doesn't seem to be updating prices tonight when i open it. I also don't know how to add additional symbols

Glen

If you are using IB as a datafeed then you will struggle to get the data updated in realtime with this many stocks. IB is not ideal for this situation and I would look at an independent feed if you want to monitor this many.

Paul

If you are using IB as a datafeed then you will struggle to get the data updated in realtime with this many stocks. IB is not ideal for this situation and I would look at an independent feed if you want to monitor this many.

Paul

how many stocks would be reasonable to monitor with TS2i and IB in realtime?

who would you suggest if i went down the independent route, whats the costs?

Paul

Not sure why you think that Paul ?
I have 60 stocks in radars in TS2000i,plus maybe 10 charts, plus Sierra Chart running with Futs charts, all from IB data feed and no problem. Add of course in addition there's TWS itself with all those tickers running.
Any TS constraint in my experience is one of CPU and memory capacity when ones code is working the machine too hard.

Glenn

Hmm, Maybe things have changed (improved) since I last used IB to monitor a large number of stocks which was a few years back. I know at the time the data was seriously delayed using IB but when I used IQ Feed it was fine and others had the same issue at the time.

Based on what Glenn said then give it a go

Paul