Vacancy In Sudan.

What all that has to do with Sunday morning Goodwill to All Men defeats me!

Good thing that we are all different isn't it ?

Otherwise we would have nothing to talk about, argue or debate.

:cool: :LOL: :D

Peace be with you

There is no need to make a person's misfortune a subject with which to analyse her IQ

Surely her IQ deficiency contributed directly to her misfortune.

We used to live on Plimsoll Rd, near the old Highbury Stadium and when Arsenal scored the windows used to rattle from the cheer.

Those were the days. I'm almost tempted to give you a reputation for being an Arsenal supporter Split... Good on yer matey...

Flying kites and playing cricket with a tennis ball and a broken bat on Parliament Hill.....

I went fishing with my mate, once. I hated it but took a book. He whispered "Look behind us, there's Dirty Dan!" I looked up the bank and there he was, looking down at us.
You can guess what he was showing us, can't you? :eek:

Split

I spent time in Sudan, at the time UK visas were not easy to come by, I got mine going via a contact in Italy. The only way I was allowed to enter was via Cairo on Sudan Airways..Nothing prepared me for the state of the plane that I boarded or the fact that when it started its takeoff run the captain came across the intercom chanting "Allah Allah Akhbar". Probably the worst part of the trip was knowing this was also my only route back to Cairo. I have no desire to return to that screwed up place the rather unsettling experiences while there were numerous.

Surely her IQ deficiency contributed directly to her misfortune.

Yacarob, just curious whether in all sincerity your view on the matter would have been any different if she was a;

Lady Jane early 20s and single, very attractive, vulnerable and distraught at what lay ahead of her?

Instead of an aged divorcee, who has parted with her physical attributes in pursuit of her worldly kind hearted aims?

Let's be honest here eh? :cheesy:

Flying kites and playing cricket with a tennis ball and a broken bat on Parliament Hill.....

I went fishing with my mate, once. I hated it but took a book. He whispered "Look behind us, there's Dirty Dan!" I looked up the bank and there he was, looking down at us.
You can guess what he was showing us, can't you? :eek:

Split

Was it a nude poster of George Michael ? :rolleyes:

I used to run round that track in Parliament Hill.

Splitlink I'm sure our paths must have crossed at one point or another. Small world eh?

Was it a nude poster of George Michael ? :rolleyes:

I used to run round that track in Parliament Hill.

Splitlink I'm sure our paths must have crossed at one point or another. Small world eh?

:LOL: It depends how old you are. I'm talking about the mid to late forties.

Split

Yacarob, just curious whether in all sincerity your view on the matter would have been any different if she was a;

Lady Jane early 20s and single, very attractive, vulnerable and distraught at what lay ahead of her?

Instead of an aged divorcee, who has parted with her physical attributes in pursuit of her worldly kind hearted aims?

Let's be honest here eh?

Look pal, I think anyone who is stupid enough to do what that air-head did deserves what she gets.

I don't care whether she looks like the back end of a camel's ass-hole or whether she looks like the perfect plasticated features of Danni Minogue.

I am a veteran of living in Islamic countries and I know what is ok and what is not ok.

The camel's ass-hole was stupid and I would hope very much hope that if Danni ever went to live there that she would be a little bit more sensible.

I am a veteran of living in Islamic countries and I know what is ok and what is not ok.

Well it's a shame this lady didn't have the benefit of your experience.

Whilst I'm at it dude, and I know this is the Foyer, but even so, would some participants of this thread please tone down the language, both explicit and implied ? Inshaalla, naturally.

Look pal, I think anyone who is stupid enough to do what that air-head did deserves what she gets.

I don't care whether she looks like the back end of a camel's ass-hole or whether she looks like the perfect plasticated features of Danni Minogue.

The camel's ass-hole was stupid and I would hope very much hope that if Danni ever went to live there that she would be a little bit more sensible.

Look Pal??? :cheesy: Touch of irritation noted in there somewhere... Also I do disagree strongly with the bad mouthing... Taking it over the edge imo. Must confess I resort to it sometimes too but I like to think I have some class ;) :cheesy:

I think just as in Sudan there is a wide quality of points of view on this thread. Here is another version fwiw.

Cultural traditions and behaviour are very important. When in Rome do as Romans do is at the heart of this matter.

In some countries dogs and bears are used in derogatory terms. Low lives or stoneage primitive beings who live in caves. Obviously to us a dog is a mans best friend and a Teddy bear is a term of endearment. Ratototulie Walt Disney film about a rat/mouse in the Kitchen may all be funny and I'm sure we all see the funny side but a Rat/Mouse in the Kitchen is not very funny at all. Actually, it might be funny if it's in yours and not mine... LOL

So in a very precarious country where religeon plays an integrated crucial part of peoples lives, if your children come home with a filthy let's say cockroach and you realise it's being called the name of the most important prophet of your faith the messenger of Islam you may ask questions of the private school you send your kids too. Why are you paying good dollars for your kids to be tought these vile lessons.

It's like teachers here teaching our primary school kids sex lessons. Think of what ever gets your blood pressure boiling. You are furious. Livid... :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Suddenly the school is under pressure with parents asking questions. I think somebody said a private school was the entity. So you are faced with no one sending their kids to your school. Head master or governers / owners have to act. Irrespective of whether the kids named the bear or the teacher.

Then the papers get hold of the story. Then the local ignorent half baked religeous gits vying for power and authority and then politicians.

Before you know it a local incident has risen the whole fiasco to government daily agenda.

If leaders don't act, other politicians will make political capital saying this is an infidel government and use politics / religeon to gain votes.

So the leaders reluctantly have to act despite their better judgement or lose votes and have some ultra religeous idiots get votes and get into power.

It's a tragedy and you can see how it gets all out of proportion instigated by the ignorent reactionary parents - (just as some tweedle dee and tweedle dum characters on this site) - who use it to make some ridiculous point to elevate their poor character and esteem of them selves by putting down other people in unfortunate circumstances. Pure opportunists. Same principal as in Sudan. No one is interested in understanding situ or resolving / settling a matter. They want milage in any shape or form.

It's just a shame that despite our level of intelligence and well being most people can't see good common sense.

I think the teacher concerned is a great lady may God bless her.

I think the pupils dearly love Mohammed and may God bless them all.

I think the school administration have an issue in their hands and they have dealt with it reasonably well by immediately sacking the teacher to calm the parents and maintain their ongoing operation.

I think the government have a problem on their agenda and with 15 days in a cell they can save face with the British government and internally with their voters.

I think the parents and religeous dastards who do not understand the essence of their religeon may well burn in hell for the disrupute they have attracted to their prophet and their religeon.

As for us all we lack humility and sympathy to our fellow man. May the almighty enlighten us all and show us the way of the righteous so that we may all find our path to happiness.

Last edited:
LOL !

My parents were posted to the Sudan when I was just starting school, there not having been a German school in Khartoum my brother went to the English one - must have been the school this lady taught at -, and I to the American one.

I certainly enjoyed our 3 years there, to me it was just one huge adventure.

My memories of the Sudanese are of an incredibly sweet, friendly and curious people, you were constantly being chatted up by strangers wanting to meet you or just even touch your hair, also, at that time - this was under the rule of General an-Numeiri - I don't recall any religion interfering with day-to-day life at all amongst the Sudanese friends I had in the neighbourhood (Khartoum New Extension if anyone knows that here), let alone the sort of medieval, unenlightened religious frenzy that's strangely enjoying a strong revival all over the world at the moment, be it among US RedNecks running to church on Sundays while getting an orgasm during the next execution on death row, or who find it equally compelling Christian logic to support a personal coward of a terrorist president, people, in other words, who are Siamese twins to our fanatical Muslim brethren with similarly challenged views on living and letting live.

Religion - one of the worst culprits behind severely deranged human behaviour around, with an uncanny ability to turn everything that's good about people into it's exact opposite.

poster.gif

That's what religious fanatics from whatever belief should stick on their mirrors as a handy little daily aide memoire.

Now, would that be a business idea, selling these posters in the Sudan and Louisiana, lol.

Thanks, think so too Rob :D Just gotta figure out a way now how best to share that message with the greatest number of sworn members of Brick-Heads-United-God-Is-With-Us-And-Most-Definitely-Not-With-Your-Side in the US Bible Belt, the Sudan and assorted other infamous locales charaterized these days less by the Golden Rule than by merry hate mongering, intolerance and just plain old general hypocrisy ;-)

PS, one thing I wanted to clarify, Gillian Gibbons should very obviously have used some judgement and common sense which she clearly omitted to do, I mean it's not like you need an Einsteinian intellect to work certain things out, lol, but her singular lack of tact is of course no excuse for being jailed for what she did, or, to be precise, what she merely allowed, as it was her pupils that did the naming, nor for the reaction from those fanatics that took to the streets in ridiculous demonstrations demanding that she should have received a far harsher sentence.

I'm sure most normal, non-fanatic Sudanese were just as mystified and embarassed by the whole thing as the rest of us.

But then again, that's not too different from the reaction the Dixie Chicks got in the USA when they pointed out what the rest of the world sees in exactly the same way, that it's no reason for pride if you come from the same neighbourhood like Dubya.

Bashing Dubya for starting an oil war based on nothing but lies, deceit and fabrications in the early years of his torture and terror promoting, democracy destroying, money hemorrhaging regime characterized, on top of that, by a mind boggling, singular imcompetence, was not the done thing if your objective was making friends.

Insanity can rear it's ugly head all over the world. Only good thing in the equation is that eventually the pendulum always starts swinging back in the other direction.

So look out Sanity, here we come. ;-)